How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs Overland, MO
How to sell a house that needs major repairs in Overland, MO. Are in possession a house in Overland that needs serious repairs before it goes on the traditional housing market? Does it have asbestos or flooding damage, or have bad tenants? Evervest Home Buyers specializes in flipping houses that have serious damage in the Overland, MO area. To date, we’ve helped over 700 people get rid of properties that needed repairs they couldn’t do themselves. If you want to unload house that needs major repairs, call Evervest Home Buyers today at (314) 730-0366 or contact us online.
How Hard Is It to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Overland, MO?
Most people in the market to buy a house are looking for one in turnkey condition so their Overland, MO family can feel at home. While some may be OK with repainting the walls, almost nobody on the traditional market will be interested in a house that needs major repairs. They’re already spending a hefty sum of money when closing and have a mortgage to pay for monthly. The thought of added expenses of paying contractors, or the time it would take to make all the repairs themselves, is unappealing.
Serious damage that we often see in Overland, MO include:
- Condemned properties
- Fire or water damage
- Lead or asbestos
- Plumbing issues
- Wind or hail damage
- A foundation that’s starting to crack
- Termite damage
- Holes in the roof or floor
Other issues that can make a home “unsellable” to the majority of potential home buyers include bad smells, little natural light, bad construction like a poor floor plan, a home that’s unstaged, or even outdated properties that have unappealing decor like old appliances.
Why Do Some Overland, MO Homes Need Major Repairs?
Houses, like musical instruments, can suffer from wear and tear and require minor upkeep annually. When minor fixes aren’t taken care of, such as if the house was vacant for years or you inherited the home from a loved one who wasn’t physically able to stick with the upkeep. Those minor nicks and scratches can become worsen and turn into more serious damage.
If you were renting the home, maybe you had irresponsible tenants who did serious damage. In situations like what happened recently with flooding in Greater St. Louis, natural disasters can quickly cause damage to a property as well.
Options for Selling a House That Needs Major Repairs in Overland, MO
If your Overland, MO home needs major repairs, you typically have three options:
- Fix up your house yourself — While many people in Overland, MO are able to fix a loose shower head, major repairs such as asbestos damage can often only be repaired safely and successfully by professionals. Even if you have extensive construction experience yourself, you would spend much of the potential profit from selling the house on materials, when the price of many construction essentials such as wood is still fluctuating.
- Hire contractors to make the repairs — You can enlist the services of professionals to repair the damage for you, but again that will take away from how much money you’ll get from the sale. replacing an entire roof can cost at minimum $5,000, while redoing an entire kitchen can cost $22,000, according to the national average. Even when enlisting the services of a professional, the cost vs. value of most repairs does not yield a full return on investment.
- Sell your house “as-is” — As-is house buyers do not typically look for houses that are in turnkey condition. They typically look for homes they can repair themselves and later sell for more money. While the sale itself won’t be as high as if the house was fully repaired, you’ll save a significant amount of money, hundreds of labor hours, and the convoluted process of trying to find a traditional house buyer.
With the first two options, you’ll have the added expenses of third-party inspectors and appraisers, pay a realtor fee, and endure months or even years before the house is ready to be listed and you find someone to buy it.
Why Choose Evervest Home Buyers to Sell Your House As-Is in Overland, MO
Our Overland, MO cash home buyers are straightforward and discreet. Regardless of what repairs your house needs or what neighborhood it’s in, we are interested in purchasing it. Our team is made up of a licensed Real Estate Broker and has more than three decades of construction experience. We see ourselves as more than just house flippers. We invest in homes and in our Overland, MO neighborhoods.
Our home buying process in Overland, MO is stress-free:
We perform an inspection ourselves and the only person you’ll be dealing with is the one making the purchase on your home. When we do our inspection, you don’t even have to tidy up before we come over, and you can leave any unwanted objects or faulty appliances when you go.
We can close on your home as quickly as a month. We are always honest about the value of your home and give fair, all-cash offers. Our goal is to give you as much as we can for your Overland, MO property while still seeing it as an investment for ourselves. In the entire time we’ve been in business, we have never backed out of contract because we didn’t fulfill its terms.
Check out the links below to see the other services we offer on Overland, MO:
- Selling a House in Poor Condition
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Sell My House As-Is
- Sell My House For Cash
- Sell My Probate House
- Sell My As-Is House
- Sell My Outdated House
- Sell My Inherited House in Greater St. Louis
- Sell Your House Fast
- How to Sell Your House
- Sell My Home Preforeclosure
- Sell My Home Now
- Rental Property Buyer
- Cash Home Buying Company
- Investment Property Buyers
- Foreclosed House Buyer
- House Buying Company
- Fast House Buyer
- Probate House Buyer
- Condemned Property Buyer
- House Buyers
- Property Buyers
- Cash Home Buyer
- We Buy Houses in Greater St. Louis
Overland, MO As-Is House Buyers | Evervest Home Buyers
When you want to sell a house that needs major repairs, it’s important to find someone who won’t try to lowball you. We are proud to have a Five-Star rating with the Better Business Bureau®, and you can check out our client testimonials to see what our previous Overland, MO clients think about us. Call us today at (314) 730-0366 or contact us online so you never have to worry about selling a house with major repairs again.