How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs Eureka, MO
How to sell a house that needs major repairs in Eureka, MO. Do you have a property in Eureka that you’re worried is impossible to sell? Has it sustained asbestos or fire damage, or have a cracked foundation? Evervest Home Buyers specializes in fixing up homes that have serious damage in the Eureka, MO area. To date, we’ve helped over 700 people move on from houses they no longer wanted. If you want to unload house that needs major repairs, call Evervest Home Buyers today at (314) 730-0366 or reach out through our website.
How Hard Is It to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Eureka, MO?
When someone is interested in buying a house, they usually are looking for one in turnkey condition so their Eureka, MO family can feel at home. While some might be open to making light cosmetic repairs themselves, or even like the idea of putting their own spin on a home, almost nobody on the traditional market will want to buy a house that’s in horrible shape. They just dedicated a considerable amount of money when closing and have monthly mortgage payments to think about. The thought of added costs of paying contractors, or the time it would take to make all the repairs themselves, is unappealing.
Common serious damage in Eureka, MO include:
- Condemned properties
- Fire or water damage
- Lead or asbestos
- Plumbing issues
- Wind or hail damage
- A foundation that’s starting to crack
- Termite damage
- Holes in the roof or floor
Other issues that can make a home difficult to sell to a traditional buyer include disagreeable odors, little natural light, bad architecture like a poor floor plan, a house that wasn’t staged right for showing, or even homes that are out of fashion that have bad decor like old appliances.
Why Do Some Eureka, MO Homes Need Major Repairs?
Houses, like cars, can suffer from wear and tear and require minor upkeep from time to time. When slight fixes aren’t taken care of, such as if the house was vacant for months or years or the house was inherited from a loved one who couldn’t properly take care of it. Minor damage can become worsen and turn into more serious damage.
If you were renting the home, maybe it was lived in by difficult tenants who did not treat the propert well. In situations like what happened recently with flooding in Greater St. Louis, natural events can cause catastrophic damage in no time.
What You Can Do to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Eureka, MO
If you want to sell a house in Eureka, MO that needs major repairs, you typically have three choices:
- Handle the repairs yourself — While many people in Eureka, MO can figure out how to change a carpet, major repairs such as fire damage need to be handled by professionals in order to do so safely. Even if you consider yourself an expert handy-man or woman, much of what you might make by selling the house fully repaired would be lost in materials, when the price of many commodities such as lumber is still fluctuating.
- Hire someone to repair the house for you — You can enlist the services of experts to repair the damage for you, but again that will eat into how much money you’ll get from the sale. A roof replacement can cost anywhere from $5,500 to $11,000, while redoing an entire kitchen can cost $22,000, according to the national average. Even when improvements are professionally done, the cost vs. value of most repairs does not yield a full return on investment.
- Sell your house “as-is” — As-is house buyers do not necessarily look to buy properties that are in turnkey condition. They usually buy houses that need a fair amount of repairs, and drive their business of the slight profit they get when they resell it. While you won’t sell an as-is house for as much as you would if it was in turnkey condition, you’ll save tens of thousands of dollars, months of construction crews and labor, and the stress of the conventional market.
If you don’t sell the house as-is, you’ll have the added expenses of hiring other people to carry out an inspection, give a realtor 6% of the final sale, and wait months or even years to repair everything and find a buyer.
Why Choose Evervest Home Buyers to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Eureka, MO
Our Eureka, MO cash home buyers are direct and non-judgmental. Whatever what repairs your property needs or what neighborhood it’s in, we can take it off your hands. Our team is composed of a licensed Real Estate Broker and has over 30 years of construction experience. We see ourselves as more than mere house flippers. We invest in homes and in our Eureka, MO neighborhoods.
We make the home selling process as pain-free as we can with four easy steps:
We carry out our own inspections and you will only directly talk to the person buying your house. For our inspections, we don’t even ask that you wash the dishes before we come over, and we’ll even take any possessions that you don’t want.
We can close on your home in as little as 30 days. We are always honest about the value of your home and give offers we think you’ll feel good about. Our goal is to give you as much as we can for your Eureka, MO property while still being able to have a profit margin ourselves down the road. In our 30 years of experience, we have never backed out of contract because we didn’t fulfill its terms.
Check out the links below to see the other types of houses we buy on Eureka, MO:
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Sell My House As-Is
- Sell My House For Cash
- Sell My Probate House
- Sell My As-Is House
- Sell My Outdated House
- Sell My Inherited House in Greater St. Louis
- Sell Your House Fast
- How to Sell Your House
- Sell My Home Preforeclosure
- Sell My Home Now
- Rental Property Buyer
- Cash Home Buying Company
- Investment Property Buyers
- Foreclosed House Buyer
- House Buying Company
- Fast House Buyer
- Probate House Buyer
- Condemned Property Buyer
- House Buyers
- Property Buyers
- Cash Home Buyer
- We Buy Houses in Greater St. Louis
Eureka, MO As-Is House Buyers | Evervest Home Buyers
When you’re selling a house that needs major repairs, it’s important to find someone who won’t try to lowball you. We have a Five-Star rating with the Better Business Bureau®, and you can read our client testimonials to see what our previous Eureka, MO clients think about us. Get in touch with us today at (314) 730-0366 or contact us online so you never have to worry about selling a house with major repairs again.