How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs Oakville, MO
How to sell a house that needs major repairs in Oakville, MO. Are in possession a home in Oakville that you’re worried is impossible to sell? Has it sustained asbestos or wind damage, or have an outdated floor plan or decor? Evervest Home Buyers specializes in repairing homes that need major repairs in the Oakville, MO area. In our three decades buying and selling houses, we’ve helped over 700 individuals and families move on from houses that needed repairs they couldn’t do themselves. If you need to sell house that needs major repairs, get in touch with Evervest Home Buyers today at (314) 730-0366 or reach out through our website.
How Easy Is It to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Oakville, MO?
Most prospective home buyers are looking for one in turnkey condition so their Oakville, MO family can feel at home. While some may be OK with repainting the walls, a traditional home buyer will usually not be interested in a house with serious damage. They just dedicated a considerable amount of money on the down payment and have monthly mortgage payments to make. They’re unlikely to want to spend the time and money to make major repairs.
Common serious damage in Oakville, MO include:
- Condemned properties
- Fire or water damage
- Lead or asbestos
- Plumbing issues
- Wind or hail damage
- A foundation that’s starting to crack
- Termite damage
- Holes in the roof or floor
Other issues that can make a house “unsellable” to a traditional buyer include unpleasant smells, restricted natural light, poor construction like a poor floor plan, a home that’s cluttered, or even outdated properties that have unsightly furnishing like old appliances.
What Causes the Need for Major Repairs in Oakville, MO?
Houses, like musical instruments, can suffer from wear and tear and require minor upkeep annually. When that doesn’t happen, maybe in the event that a property was vacant for a long time or you inherited the home from a loved one who wasn’t physically able to stick with the upkeep. Minor damage can become serious problems.
If you were renting the home, maybe it was rented difficult tenants who trashed the placed. In situations like what happened recently with the historic floods in the St. Louis area, weather events can quickly cause damage to a property as well.
What You Can Do to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Oakville, MO
If your Oakville, MO home needs major repairs, you typically have three options:
- Fix up your house yourself — While many Oakville, MO homeowners are able to paint walls, major repairs such as asbestos damage need to be handled by professionals in order to do so safely. Even if you have extensive construction experience yourself, you would spend much of the potential profit from selling the house on materials, when the price of many materials such as lumber is still fluctuating.
- Hire contractors to deal with the damage — You can hire professionals to repair the damage for you, but again that will take away from how much money you’ll get from the sale. A roof replacement can cost up to $11,000, while a complete kitchen remodel can cost up to $33,000. Even when improvements are professionally done, you do not get a full return on investment with most remodelings.
- Sell your house “as-is” — As-is house buyers do not necessarily look to buy turnkey properties. They typically look for homes that need a fair amount of repairs, so they can make a profit when they resell it. While the sale itself won’t be as high as if the house was fully repaired, you’ll save tens of thousands of dollars, hundreds of labor hours, and the convoluted process of trying to find a traditional house buyer.
With the first two options, you’ll have the added expenses of third-party inspectors and appraisers, pay a realtor fee, and wait months or even years before the house is ready to be listed and you find someone to buy it.
Why Choose Evervest Home Buyers to Sell Your House As-Is in Oakville, MO
Our Oakville, MO cash home buyers are direct and non-judgmental. Regardless of the condition your home is in or what neighborhood it’s in, we want to discuss it. Our team is made up of a licensed Real Estate Broker and has been in the construction business for more than 30 years. We consider ourselves to be more than just house flippers. We are home investors that take pride in helping the same Oakville, MO neighborhoods we were raised in improve.
We make the home buying process as stress-free as possible with four easy steps:
We carry out our own inspections and the only person you’ll be dealing with is the one making the purchase on your home. For our inspections, you don’t even have to tidy up before we arrive, and we’ll even take any objects that you don’t want.
We can close on your home as quickly as 30 days. We are always honest about how much your home is worth and give offers we think you’ll feel good about. Our goal is to offer you the most amount of money we can for your Oakville, MO property while still seeing it as an investment for ourselves. In our 30 years of experience, we have never backed out of contract because we didn’t fulfill its terms.
Check out the links below to see the other types of houses we buy on Oakville, MO:
- Selling a Home with a Reverse Mortgage
- Selling a House Without a Realtor
- Selling an Inherited House
- Selling a Home in Pre-Foreclosure
- Selling a House in Poor Condition
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Sell My House As-Is
- Sell My House For Cash
- Sell My Probate House
- Sell My As-Is House
- Sell My Outdated House
- Sell My Inherited House in Greater St. Louis
- Sell Your House Fast
- How to Sell Your House
- Sell My Home Preforeclosure
- Sell My Home Now
- Rental Property Buyer
- Cash Home Buying Company
- Investment Property Buyers
- Foreclosed House Buyer
- House Buying Company
- Fast House Buyer
- Probate House Buyer
- Condemned Property Buyer
- House Buyers
- Property Buyers
- Cash Home Buyer
- We Buy Houses in Greater St. Louis
How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Oakville, MO | Evervest Home Buyers
When you’re selling a house that needs major repairs, it’s important to find someone who won’t try to lowball you. We have a Five-Star rating with the Better Business Bureau®, and you can check out our client testimonials to see what our previous Oakville, MO clients think about us. Get in touch with us today at (314) 730-0366 or contact us online to sell your house that needs major repairs.