How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs St. Louis, MO
How to sell a house that needs major repairs in St. Louis, MO. Do you own a house in St. Louis that you’re worried is impossible to sell? Has it sustained asbestos or fire damage, or have a cracked foundation? Evervest Home Buyers specializes in repairing homes that have serious damage in the St. Louis, MO area. In our three decades of experience, we’ve helped over 700 individuals and families move on from properties they felt were holding them back. If you want to unload house that needs major repairs, get in touch with Evervest Home Buyers today at (314) 730-0366 or reach out through our website.
How Hard Is It to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in St. Louis, MO?
When someone is interested in buying a house, they usually are looking for one in turnkey condition so their St. Louis, MO family can feel at home. While some may be OK with repainting the walls, a traditional home buyer will usually not want to buy a house with serious damage. They just dedicated a considerable amount of money when closing and have monthly mortgage payments to keep in mind. They’re unlikely to want to make the extra investment of repairing the damage themselves.
Serious damage that we have experience with in St. Louis, MO include:
- Condemned properties
- Fire or water damage
- Lead or asbestos
- Plumbing issues
- Wind or hail damage
- A foundation that’s starting to crack
- Termite damage
- Holes in the roof or floor
Other issues that can make a property “unsellable” to most prospective home buyers include bad odors, limited natural light, bad construction like low ceilings, a house that wasn’t staged to appeal to home buyers, or even outdated properties that have bad furnishing like old appliances.
What Causes the Need for Major Repairs in St. Louis, MO?
Homes, like cars, can suffer from wear and tear and require minor repairs annually. When slight fixes aren’t taken care of, maybe in the event that a home was vacant for a long time or the house was inherited from a loved one who wasn’t physically able to stick with the upkeep. Those minor nicks and scratches can become significant problems.
If you were renting the home, maybe you had difficult tenants who trashed the placed. In situations like what happened recently with flooding in Greater St. Louis, natural events can quickly cause damage to a property as well.
How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in St. Louis, MO
If your St. Louis, MO home needs major repairs, you typically have three options:
- Make the repairs yourself — While many people in St. Louis, MO are able to fix a cabinet door, major repairs such as fire damage need to be handled by professionals in order to do so safely. Even if you’re confident in your abilities, you would spend much of the potential profit from selling the house on materials, which is even harder to stomach in today’s economy as the cost of many construction essentials such as lumber is still not down to pre-COVID levels.
- Hire someone to repair the house for you — You can hire experts to handle the major repairs for you, but, like doing it yourself, that will eat into any profit you’d make by selling on the traditional market. replacing an entire roof can cost up to $11,000, while redoing an entire kitchen can cost $22,000, according to the national average. Even when improvements are professionally done, the cost vs. value of most repairs does not yield a full return on investment.
- Sell your house “as-is” — As-is house buyers do not necessarily look to buy turnkey properties. They typically look for homes that need a fair amount of repairs, so they can make a profit when they resell it. While the sale itself won’t be as high as if the house was fully repaired, you’ll save tens of thousands of dollars, hundreds of labor hours, and the stress of trying to find a traditional house buyer.
With the first two options, you’ll have the added expenses of third-party inspectors and appraisers, give a real estate agent their percentage of the sale, and endure months or even years before the house is ready to be listed and you find someone to buy it.
Why Choose Evervest Home Buyers to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in St. Louis, MO
Our St. Louis, MO cash home buyers are direct and open minded. Regardless of the condition your home is in or where it’s located, we are interested in purchasing it. Our team consists of a licensed Real Estate Broker and has been buying and repairing houses for over 30 years. We see ourselves as more than mere house flippers. We invest in homes and in our St. Louis, MO communities.
We make the home buying process as easy as we can with four easy steps:
We carry out our own inspections and you will only directly talk to the person buying your house. For our inspections, we don’t even ask that you tidy up before we come over, and you can leave any unwanted objects or faulty appliances when you go.
We can close on your property in as little as a month. We will always be direct about the value of your home and give fair, all-cash offers. Our objective is to give you as much as possible for your St. Louis, MO property while still having it make financial sense for us. In our 30 years of experience, we have never backed out of contract because we didn’t fulfill its terms.
Click on the links below to see the other types of homes we buy on St. Louis, MO:
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Sell My House As-Is
- Sell My House For Cash
- Sell My Probate House
- Sell My As-Is House
- Sell My Outdated House
- Sell My Inherited House in Greater St. Louis
- Sell Your House Fast
- How to Sell Your House
- Sell My Home Preforeclosure
- Sell My Home Now
- Rental Property Buyer
- Cash Home Buying Company
- Investment Property Buyers
- Foreclosed House Buyer
- House Buying Company
- Fast House Buyer
- Probate House Buyer
- Condemned Property Buyer
- House Buyers
- Property Buyers
- Cash Home Buyer
- We Buy Houses in Greater St. Louis
How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in St. Louis, MO | Evervest Home Buyers
When you want to sell a house that needs major repairs, it’s important to find someone who will pay you the full value of your St. Louis property. We are proud to have a Five-Star rating with the Better Business Bureau®, and you can read our client testimonials to see how we’ve helped other St. Louis, MO residents get rid of an unwanted properties. Get in touch with us today at (314) 730-0366 or reach out through our website so you never have to worry about selling a house with major repairs again.