How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs Webster County, MO
How to sell a house that needs major repairs in Webster County, MO. Are in possession a property in Webster County that you’re worried is impossible to sell? Has it sustained termite or wind damage, or have uneven floors? Evervest Home Buyers specializes in fixing up houses that have serious damage in the Webster County, MO area. To date, we’ve helped over 700 individuals and families get rid of houses that had too much damage for them to fix themselves. If you have an unwanted house that needs major repairs, call Evervest Home Buyers today at (417) 815-3889 or reach out through our website.
How Difficult Is It to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Webster County, MO?
Most prospective home buyers are looking for a place where they can move in and immediately feel like they have a comfortable home for their Webster County, MO family. While some might be open to making light cosmetic repairs themselves, or even like the idea of putting their own spin on a home, a traditional home buyer will usually not be interested in a house that needs major repairs. They’re already spending a hefty sum of money when closing and have a mortgage to pay for monthly. The thought of added costs of paying contractors, or the time it would take to do the repairs themselves, is unappealing.
Common major repairs needed in Webster County, MO include:
- Condemned properties
- Fire or water damage
- Lead or asbestos
- Plumbing issues
- Wind or hail damage
- A foundation that’s starting to crack
- Termite damage
- Holes in the roof or floor
Other issues that can make a house “unsellable” to a traditional buyer include disagreeable smells, limited natural light, poor construction like a poor floor plan, a home that’s unstaged, or even homes that are outmoded that have unsightly furnishing like old appliances.
Why Do Some Webster County, MO Homes Need Major Repairs?
Houses, like musical instruments, can suffer from wear and tear and require minor upkeep annually. When slight fixes aren’t taken care of, such as if the home was vacant for years or the house was inherited from a loved one who couldn’t properly take care of it. Minor damage can become serious issues.
If the home was a rental property, maybe it was rented irresponsible tenants who did not treat the propert well. As we’ve seen recently with the historic floods in the St. Louis area, natural events can tragically cause damage to a property as well.
What You Can Do to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Webster County, MO
If your Webster County, MO home needs major repairs, you typically have three options:
- Handle the repairs yourself — While many Webster County, MO homeowners can teach themselves how to fix a cabinet door, major repairs such as fire damage need to be handled by professionals in order to do so safely. Even if you consider yourself an expert handy-man or woman, much of what you might make by selling the house fully repaired would be lost in materials, when the price of many materials such as wood is still not down to pre-COVID levels.
- Hire contractors to repair the house for you — You can enlist the services of professionals to handle the major repairs for you, but, like like the previous option, that will take away from any profit you’d make by selling on the traditional market. replacing an entire roof can cost anywhere from $5,500 to $11,000, while redoing an entire kitchen can cost up to $33,000. Even when enlisting the services of general contractors, the cost vs. value of most remodeling jobs does not yield a full return on investment.
- Sell your house “as-is” — As-is house buyers do not typically look for houses that are in turnkey condition. They usually buy houses they can repair themselves and later sell for a higher amount. While you won’t sell an as-is house for as much as you would if it was in perfect shape, you’ll save tens of thousands of dollars, hundreds of labor hours, and the convoluted process of trying to find a traditional house buyer.
With the first two options, you’ll also have to pay for hiring other people to carry out an inspection, give a realtor 6% of the final sale, and endure months or even years to repair everything and find a buyer.
Why Choose Evervest Home Buyers to Sell Your House As-Is in Webster County, MO
Our Webster County, MO cash home buyers are direct and open minded. Whatever the condition your home is in or where it’s located, we we can offer you a solution. Our team is made up of a licensed Real Estate Broker and has been in the construction business for more than three decades. We consider ourselves to be more than mere house flippers. We invest in homes and in our Webster County, MO neighborhoods.
Our home buying process in Webster County, MO is simple:
We conduct an inspection ourselves and you will only directly talk to the person buying your house. For our inspections, you don’t even have to pick up the socks off the floor before we arrive, and we’ll even take any possessions that you don’t want.
We can close on your property as quickly as a month. We will always be straightforward about the value of your home and give offers we think you’ll feel good about. Our goal is to offer you the most amount of money possible for your Webster County, MO property while still having it make financial sense for us. In our 30 years of experience, we have never backed out of contract because we didn’t fulfill its terms.
Click on the links below to discover the other services we offer on Webster County, MO:
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Cash Home Buying Company
- House Buyers
Selling a Property That Needs Major Repairs in Webster County, MO | Evervest Home Buyers
When you want to sell a house that needs major repairs, it’s important to find someone who won’t try to lowball you. We are proud to have a Five-Star rating with the Better Business Bureau®, and you can read our client testimonials to see what our previous Webster County, MO clients think about us. Get in touch with us today at (417) 815-3889 or contact us online to sell your house that needs major repairs.