How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs Northwoods, MO
How to sell a house that needs major repairs in Northwoods, MO. Do you own a property in Northwoods that you’re worried is impossible to sell? Has it sustained mold or flooding damage, or have low ceilings? Evervest Home Buyers specializes in fixing up houses that have serious damage in the Northwoods, MO area. To date, we’ve helped over 700 homeowners move on from houses that needed repairs they couldn’t do themselves. If you need to sell house that needs major repairs, get in touch with Evervest Home Buyers today at (314) 730-0366 or reach out through our website.
What it Means to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Northwoods, MO
When someone is interested in buying a house, they usually are looking for a place where they can move in and immediately feel like they have a cozy home for their Northwoods, MO family. While some may be OK with repainting the walls, almost nobody on the traditional market will want to buy a house with serious damage. They’re already making a significant investment when closing and have monthly mortgage payments to think about. They’re unlikely to want to make the extra investment of repairing the damage themselves.
Major repairs needed that we often see in Northwoods, MO include:
- Condemned properties
- Fire or water damage
- Lead or asbestos
- Plumbing issues
- Wind or hail damage
- A foundation that’s starting to crack
- Termite damage
- Holes in the roof or floor
Other issues that can make a property “unsellable” to the majority of prospective home buyers include disagreeable odors, little natural light, bad design like a poor floor plan, a home that’s unstaged, or even homes that are out of fashion that have unappealing decor like old appliances.
What Causes the Need for Major Repairs in Northwoods, MO?
Homes, like cars, can suffer from wear and tear and require minor repairs from time to time. When minor damage isn’t taken care of, maybe in the event that a property was vacant for a long time or you inherited the home from a family member who wasn’t physically able to stick with the upkeep. Minor damage can become significant problems.
If you were renting the home, maybe it was lived in by difficult tenants who did serious damage. In situations like what happened recently with flooding in Greater St. Louis, natural events can cause serious damage in no time.
How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Northwoods, MO
If your Northwoods, MO home needs major repairs, you can take one of three choices:
- Fix up your house yourself — While many Northwoods, MO homeowners are able to fix a cabinet door, major repairs such as asbestos damage need to be handled by professionals in order to do so safely. Even if you consider yourself an expert handy-man or woman, you would spend much of the potential profit from selling the house on materials, which is even harder to stomach in today’s economy as the price of many materials such as wood is still fluctuating.
- Hire someone to make the repairs — You can enlist the services of outside contractors to handle the major repairs for you, but, like like the previous option, that will take away from any profit you’d make by selling the house. replacing an entire roof can cost anywhere from $5,500 to $11,000, while a complete kitchen remodel can cost up to $33,000. Even when improvements are professionally done, you do not get a full return on investment with most remodelings.
- Sell your house “as-is” — As-is house buyers do not necessarily look to buy houses that are in turnkey condition. They usually buy houses that need a fair amount of repairs, so they can make a profit when they resell it. While the sale itself won’t be as high as if the house was fully repaired, you’ll save untold amounts of money, months of construction crews and labor, and the stress of trying to find a traditional house buyer.
With the first two options, you’ll have the added expenses of hiring other people to carry out an inspection, pay a realtor fee, and endure months or even years to repair everything and find a buyer.
Why Choose Evervest Home Buyers to Sell Your House As-Is in Northwoods, MO
Our Northwoods, MO cash home buyers are straightforward and open minded. Regardless of what damage your property has sustained or where it’s located, we would like to buy it. Our team consists of a licensed Real Estate Broker and has been in the construction business for over three decades. We see ourselves as more than just house flippers. We are home investors that take pride in being part of our Northwoods, MO communities and using our skills to improve them.
Our home buying process in Northwoods, MO is quick:
We conduct an inspection ourselves and the only person you’ll be dealing with is the one making the purchase on your home. When we do our inspection, we don’t even ask that you vacuum the carpet before we arrive, and we’ll even take any possessions that you don’t want.
We can close on your house as quickly as 30 days. We are always honest about the value of your home and give offers we think you’ll feel good about. Our goal is to offer you the most amount of money we can for your Northwoods, MO property while still seeing it as an investment for ourselves. In the entire time we’ve been in business, we have never written a contract that we didn’t close on due to us backing out of the deal agreed to.
Click on the links below to see the other services we offer on Northwoods, MO:
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Sell My House As-Is
- Sell My House For Cash
- Sell My Probate House
- Sell My As-Is House
- Sell My Outdated House
- Sell My Inherited House in Greater St. Louis
- Sell Your House Fast
- How to Sell Your House
- Sell My Home Preforeclosure
- Sell My Home Now
- Rental Property Buyer
- Cash Home Buying Company
- Investment Property Buyers
- Foreclosed House Buyer
- House Buying Company
- Fast House Buyer
- Probate House Buyer
- Condemned Property Buyer
- House Buyers
- Property Buyers
- Cash Home Buyer
- We Buy Houses in Greater St. Louis
Northwoods, MO As-Is House Buyers | Evervest Home Buyers
When you want to sell a house that needs major repairs, it’s important to find someone who won’t try to lowball you. We are proud to have a perfect rating with the Better Business Bureau®, and you can check out our client testimonials to see how we’ve helped other Northwoods, MO residents get rid of an unwanted properties. Call us today at (314) 730-0366 or contact us online to sell your house that needs major repairs.