How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs Spanish Lake, MO
How to sell a house that needs major repairs in Spanish Lake, MO. Do you own a home in Spanish Lake that you’re worried is impossible to sell? Does it have termite or hail damage, or have uneven floors? Evervest Home Buyers specializes in repairing homes that need major repairs in the Spanish Lake, MO area. To date, we’ve helped over 700 individuals and families move on from properties that needed repairs they couldn’t do themselves. If you have an unwanted house that needs major repairs, call Evervest Home Buyers today at (314) 730-0366 or contact us online.
How Difficult Is It to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Spanish Lake, MO?
When someone is interested in buying a house, they usually are looking for a place where they can move in and immediately feel like they have a cozy home for their Spanish Lake, MO family. While some may be OK with putting a new carpet in, a traditional home buyer will usually not be interested in a house with serious damage. They just dedicated a considerable amount of money on the down payment and have monthly mortgage payments to think about. The thought of added expenses of hiring somebody, or the time it would take to make all the repairs themselves, does not attract many buyers.
Major repairs needed that we have experience with in Spanish Lake, MO include:
- Condemned properties
- Fire or water damage
- Lead or asbestos
- Plumbing issues
- Wind or hail damage
- A foundation that’s starting to crack
- Termite damage
- Holes in the roof or floor
Other issues that can make a property difficult to sell to a traditional buyer include bad odors, limited natural light, poor construction like a poor floor plan, a house that wasn’t staged right for showing, or even outdated properties that have bad decor like old appliances.
What Causes the Need for Major Repairs in Spanish Lake, MO?
Properties, like cars, can suffer from wear and tear and need to have slight damage repaired whenever it emerges. When slight fixes aren’t taken care of, maybe in the event that a house was vacant for years or the house was inherited from a family member who couldn’t properly take care of it. Those minor nicks and scratches can become worsen and turn into more serious damage.
If the home was a rental property, maybe you had difficult tenants who did not treat the propert well. As we’ve seen recently with the historic floods in the St. Louis area, natural disasters can cause serious damage in no time.
Options for Selling a House That Needs Major Repairs in Spanish Lake, MO
If you want to sell a house in Spanish Lake, MO that needs major repairs, you can take one of three options:
- Make the repairs yourself — While many people in Spanish Lake, MO are able to install a new carpet, major repairs such as water damage can often only be repaired safely and successfully by professionals. Even if you have extensive construction experience yourself, you would spend much of the potential profit from selling the house on materials, which is even harder to stomach in today’s economy as the price of many construction essentials such as wood is still fluctuating.
- Hire someone to repair the house for you — You can hire outside contractors to take care of the major repairs for you, but again that will take away from any profit you’d make by selling the house. replacing an entire roof can cost over $8,000, according to the national average, while redoing an entire kitchen can cost $22,000, according to the national average. Even when enlisting the services of general contractors, you do not get a full return on investment with most repairs.
- Sell your house “as-is” — As-is house buyers are not usually interested in houses that are in turnkey condition. They typically look for homes that need a fair amount of repairs, and drive their business of the slight profit they get when they resell it. While the sale itself won’t be as high as if the house was fully repaired, you’ll save tens of thousands of dollars, months of construction crews and labor, and the stress of trying to find a traditional house buyer.
If you don’t sell the house as-is, you’ll also have to pay for third-party inspectors and appraisers, give a real estate agent their percentage of the sale, and endure months or even years to repair everything and find a buyer.
Why Choose Evervest Home Buyers to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Spanish Lake, MO
Our Spanish Lake, MO cash home buyers are honest and considerate. Regardless of the condition your house is in or what neighborhood it’s in, we are interested in it. Our team includes a licensed Real Estate Broker and has more than 30 years of construction experience. We consider ourselves to be more than just house flippers. We invest in homes and in our Spanish Lake, MO communities.
We make the home selling process as stress-free as possible with four easy steps:
We perform an inspection ourselves and the only person you’ll be dealing with is the one making the purchase on your home. For our inspections, you don’t even have to vacuum the carpet before we arrive, and we’ll even take any possessions that you don’t want.
We can close on your home as quickly as a month. We are always honest about the value of your home and give offers we think you’ll feel good about. Our goal is to give you as much as we can for your Spanish Lake, MO property while still having it make financial sense for us. In the entire time we’ve been in business, we have never written a contract that we didn’t close on due to us backing out of the deal agreed to.
Click on the links below to discover the other services we offer on Spanish Lake, MO:
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Sell My House As-Is
- Sell My House For Cash
- Sell My Probate House
- Sell My As-Is House
- Sell My Outdated House
- Sell My Inherited House in Greater St. Louis
- Sell Your House Fast
- How to Sell Your House
- Sell My Home Preforeclosure
- Sell My Home Now
- Rental Property Buyer
- Cash Home Buying Company
- Investment Property Buyers
- Foreclosed House Buyer
- House Buying Company
- Fast House Buyer
- Probate House Buyer
- Condemned Property Buyer
- House Buyers
- Property Buyers
- Cash Home Buyer
- We Buy Houses in Greater St. Louis
Selling a Property That Needs Major Repairs in Spanish Lake, MO | Evervest Home Buyers
When you’re selling a house that needs major repairs, it’s important to find someone who will pay you the full value of your Spanish Lake property. We have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau®, and you can check out our client testimonials to see what our previous Spanish Lake, MO clients think about us. Call us today at (314) 730-0366 or reach out through our website so you never have to worry about selling a house with major repairs again.