How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs St. Louis County, MO
How to sell a house that needs major repairs in St. Louis County, MO. Do you own a property in St. Louis County that needs serious repairs before it goes on the conventional housing market? Does it have asbestos or flooding damage, or have low ceilings? Evervest Home Buyers specializes in fixing up houses that have serious damage in the St. Louis County, MO area. In our three decades of experience, we’ve helped over 700 people move on from houses that needed repairs they couldn’t do themselves. If you have an unwanted house that needs major repairs, get in touch with Evervest Home Buyers today at (314) 730-0366 or contact us online.
What it Means to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in St. Louis County, MO
When someone is interested in buying a house, they usually want one in turnkey condition so their St. Louis County, MO family can feel at home. While some might be open to making light cosmetic repairs themselves, or even like the idea of putting their own spin on a home, a traditional home buyer will usually not want to buy a house that’s in horrible shape. They just dedicated a considerable amount of money when closing and have monthly mortgage payments to make. The idea of added costs of hiring somebody, or the months it would take to handle the repairs themselves, is unappealing.
Major repairs needed that we often see in St. Louis County, MO include:
- Condemned properties
- Fire or water damage
- Lead or asbestos
- Plumbing issues
- Wind or hail damage
- A foundation that’s starting to crack
- Termite damage
- Holes in the roof or floor
Other problems that can make a property almost impossible to sell to a traditional buyer include disagreeable odors, limited natural light, poor architecture like low ceilings, a house that’s unstaged, or even homes that are outmoded that have bad decor like old appliances.
What Causes the Need for Major Repairs in St. Louis County, MO?
Houses, like cars, can suffer from wear and tear and require minor upkeep from time to time. When slight fixes aren’t taken care of, such as if the home was vacant for years or you inherited the home from a loved one who couldn’t properly take care of it. Minor damage can become serious issues.
If you were renting the home, maybe it was lived in by irresponsible tenants who did not treat the propert well. In situations like what happened recently with the historic floods in Greater St. Louis, natural disasters can cause serious damage with little to no notice.
What You Can Do to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in St. Louis County, MO
If your St. Louis County, MO home needs major repairs, you can take one of three choices:
- Make the repairs yourself — While many people in St. Louis County, MO can learn how to paint walls, major repairs such as mold damage need to be handled by professionals in order to do so safely. Even if you have extensive construction experience yourself, much of what you might make by selling the house fully repaired would be lost in materials, when the cost of many construction essentials such as lumber is still going up and down.
- Hire someone to deal with the damage — You can hire outside contractors to repair the damage for you, but, like like the previous option, that will take away from how much money you’ll get from the sale. replacing an entire roof can cost up to $11,000, while a full kitchen remodel can cost $22,000, according to the national average. Even when improvements are professionally done, you do not get a full return on investment with most repairs.
- Sell your house “as-is” — As-is house buyers are not usually interested in turnkey properties. They typically look for homes that need a fair amount of repairs, and drive their business of the slight profit they get when they resell it. While the sale itself won’t be as high as if the house was fully repaired, you’ll save a significant amount of money, hundreds of labor hours, and the stress of trying to find a traditional house buyer.
If you don’t sell the house as-is, you’ll have the added costs of hiring other people to carry out an inspection, pay a realtor fee, and endure months or even years before the house is ready to be listed and you find someone to buy it.
Why Choose Evervest Home Buyers to Sell Your House As-Is in St. Louis County, MO
Our St. Louis County, MO cash home buyers are direct and non-judgmental. Regardless of what repairs your property needs or what neighborhood it’s in, we we can offer you a solution. Our team is made up of a licensed Real Estate Broker and has been in the construction business for over three decades. We consider ourselves to be more than mere house flippers. We are home investors that take pride in helping the same St. Louis County, MO neighborhoods we were raised in improve.
We make the home buying process as stress-free as we can with four easy steps:
We perform our own inspections and you will only directly talk to the person buying your house. When we do our inspection, we don’t even ask that you wash the dishes before we arrive, and you can leave any unwanted objects or faulty appliances when you go.
We can close on your house in as little as a month. We are always honest about the value of your home and give fair, all-cash offers. Our objective is to give you as much as we can for your St. Louis County, MO property while still having it make financial sense for us. In the entire time we’ve been in business, we have never backed out of contract because we didn’t fulfill its terms.
Check out the links below to discover the other types of houses we buy on St. Louis County, MO:
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Sell My House As-Is
- Sell My House For Cash
- Sell My Probate House
- Sell My As-Is House
- Sell My Outdated House
- Sell My Inherited House in Greater St. Louis
- Sell Your House Fast
- How to Sell Your House
- Sell My Home Preforeclosure
- Sell My Home Now
- Rental Property Buyer
- Cash Home Buying Company
- Investment Property Buyers
- Foreclosed House Buyer
- House Buying Company
- Fast House Buyer
- Probate House Buyer
- Condemned Property Buyer
- House Buyers
- Property Buyers
- Cash Home Buyer
- We Buy Houses in Greater St. Louis
How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in St. Louis County, MO | Evervest Home Buyers
When you’re selling a house that needs major repairs, it’s important to find someone trustworthy. We have a Five-Star rating with the Better Business Bureau®, and you can read our client testimonials to see how we’ve helped other St. Louis County, MO residents move on from an unwanted properties. Call us today at (314) 730-0366 or reach out through our website so you never have to worry about selling a house with major repairs again.