How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs Polk County, MO
How to sell a house that needs major repairs in Polk County, MO. Do you own a house in Polk County that needs serious repairs before it goes on the conventional housing market? Does it have mold or hail damage, or have bad tenants? Evervest Home Buyers specializes in giving fair, all-cash offers for homes that need major repairs in the Polk County, MO area. In our three decades buying and selling houses, we’ve helped over 700 homeowners get rid of houses that had too much damage for them to fix themselves. If you want to unload house that needs major repairs, call Evervest Home Buyers today at (417) 815-3889 or reach out through our website.
What it Means to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Polk County, MO
When someone is interested in buying a house, they usually are looking for one in turnkey condition so their Polk County, MO family can feel at home. While some may be OK with putting a new carpet in, a traditional home buyer will usually not be interested in a house that’s in horrible shape. They’re already making a significant investment on the down payment and have monthly mortgage payments to make. They’re unlikely to want to make the extra investment of repairing the damage themselves.
Common serious damage in Polk County, MO include:
- Condemned properties
- Fire or water damage
- Lead or asbestos
- Plumbing issues
- Wind or hail damage
- A foundation that’s starting to crack
- Termite damage
- Holes in the roof or floor
Other issues that can make a property difficult to sell to a traditional buyer include disagreeable smells, limited natural light, bad architecture like low ceilings, a home that’s unstaged, or even homes that are outmoded that have unsightly furnishing like old appliances.
Why Do Some Polk County, MO Homes Need Major Repairs?
Homes, like cars, can suffer from wear and tear and need to have slight damage fixed whenever it emerges. When that doesn’t happen, maybe in the event that a house was vacant for years or the house was inherited from a family member who couldn’t properly take care of it. Those minor nicks and scratches can become become exacerbated and cause serious damage.
If you were renting the home, maybe you had irresponsible tenants who trashed the placed. As we’ve seen recently with flooding in Greater St. Louis, weather events can cause serious damage with little to no notice.
What You Can Do to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Polk County, MO
If your Polk County, MO home needs major repairs, you typically have three options:
- Handle the repairs yourself — While many Polk County, MO homeowners are able to install a new carpet, major repairs such as asbestos damage need to be handled by professionals in order to do so safely. Even if you’re confident in your abilities, you would spend much of the potential profit from selling the house on materials, which is even harder to stomach in today’s economy as the cost of many materials such as lumber is still not down to pre-COVID levels.
- Hire someone to make the repairs — You can enlist the services of experts to handle the major repairs for you, but again that will eat into how much money you’ll get from the sale. replacing an entire roof can cost up to $11,000, while redoing an entire kitchen can cost up to $33,000. Even when enlisting the services of a professional, you do not get a full return on investment with most remodelings.
- Sell your house “as-is” — As-is house buyers do not typically look for properties that are in turnkey condition. They typically look for homes they can repair themselves and later sell for a higher amount. While you won’t sell an as-is house for as much as you would if it was in perfect condition, you’ll save untold amounts of money, hundreds of labor hours, and the stress of the traditional market.
If you don’t sell the house as-is, you’ll also have to pay for third-party inspectors and appraisers, give a realtor 6% of the final sale, and endure months or even years before the house is ready to be listed and you find someone to buy it.
Why Choose Evervest Home Buyers to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Polk County, MO
Our Polk County, MO cash home buyers are honest and discreet. Whatever the condition your property is in or where it’s located, we would like to buy it. Our team is composed of a licensed Real Estate Broker and has been in the construction business for more than 30 years. We see ourselves as more than mere house flippers. We invest in homes and in our Polk County, MO neighborhoods.
Our home buying process in Polk County, MO is easy:
We perform our own inspections and do not use an outside realtor. When we do our inspection, we don’t even ask that you pick up the socks off the floor before we arrive, and you can leave any unwanted objects or faulty appliances when you go.
We can close on your house as quickly as 30 days. We will always be direct about the value of your home and give offers we think you’ll feel good about. Our objective is to give you as much as possible for your Polk County, MO property while still having it make financial sense for us. In our 30 years of experience, we have never written a contract that we didn’t close on because we backed out of the deal spelled out in the contract.
Check out the links below to see the other types of homes we buy on Polk County, MO:
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Cash Home Buying Company
- House Buyers
Polk County, MO As-Is House Buyers | Evervest Home Buyers
When you’re selling a house that needs major repairs, it’s important to find someone who won’t try to lowball you. We have a Five-Star rating with the Better Business Bureau®, and you can take a look at our client testimonials to see how we’ve helped other Polk County, MO residents get rid of properties that needed serious repairs. Call us today at (417) 815-3889 or contact us online to sell your house that needs major repairs.