How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs Riverside, MO
How to sell a house that needs major repairs in Riverside, MO. Do you own a property in Riverside that you’re worried is impossible to sell? Has it sustained termite or fire damage, or have low ceilings? Evervest Home Buyers specializes in repairing houses that have serious damage in the Riverside, MO area. To date, we’ve helped over 700 homeowners move on from properties they no longer wanted. If you want to unload house that needs major repairs, get in touch with Evervest Home Buyers today at (816) 368-8508 or reach out through our website.
How Easy Is It to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Riverside, MO?
Most prospective home buyers want a place where they can move in and immediately feel like they have a comfortable home for their Riverside, MO family. While some may be OK with repainting the walls, a traditional home buyer will usually not want to buy a house that’s in horrible shape. They’re already using a lot of their savings when closing and have a mortgage to pay for monthly. The thought of added expenses of paying contractors, or the months it would take to do the repairs themselves, is unappealing.
Serious damage that we often see in Riverside, MO include:
- Condemned properties
- Fire or water damage
- Lead or asbestos
- Plumbing issues
- Wind or hail damage
- A foundation that’s starting to crack
- Termite damage
- Holes in the roof or floor
Other issues that can make a property almost impossible to sell to most prospective home buyers include disagreeable smells, restricted natural light, bad construction like low ceilings, a home that wasn’t staged to appeal to home buyers, or even homes that are out of fashion that have unappealing decor like ugly carpets.
Why Do Some Riverside, MO Homes Need Major Repairs?
Houses, like musical instruments, can suffer from wear and tear and require minor upkeep from time to time. When slight damage isn’t taken care of, such as if the house was vacant for a long time or you inherited the home from a loved one who couldn’t properly take care of it. Minor damage can become become exacerbated and turn into more serious damage.
If you were renting the home, maybe it was lived in by difficult tenants who did serious damage. In situations like what happened recently with the historic floods in the St. Louis area, weather events can quickly cause damage to a house as well.
How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Riverside, MO
If you want to sell a house in Riverside, MO that needs major repairs, you typically have three options:
- Fix up your house yourself — While many people in Riverside, MO are able to fix a loose shower head, major repairs such as water damage need to be handled by professionals in order to do so safely. Even if you have extensive construction experience yourself, you would spend much of the potential profit from selling the house on materials, when the cost of many materials such as wood is still not down to pre-COVID levels.
- Hire someone to deal with the damage — You can hire outside contractors to take care of the major repairs for you, but, like like the previous option, that will take away from how much money you’ll get from the sale. A roof replacement can cost at minimum $5,000, while redoing an entire kitchen can cost up to $33,000. Even when improvements are professionally done, the cost vs. value of most repairs does not yield a full return on investment.
- Sell your house “as-is” — As-is house buyers are not usually interested in turnkey properties. They typically look for homes they can repair themselves and later sell for a higher amount. While the sale itself won’t be as high as if the house was fully repaired, you’ll save a significant amount of money, hundreds of labor hours, and the stress of the conventional market.
With the first two options, you’ll also have to pay for hiring other people to carry out an inspection, give a realtor 6% of the final sale, and wait months or even years before the house is ready to be listed and you find someone to buy it.
Why Choose Evervest Home Buyers to Sell Your House As-Is in Riverside, MO
Our Riverside, MO cash home buyers are direct and non-judgmental. Whatever what repairs your home needs or where it’s located, we want to discuss it. Our team consists of a licensed Real Estate Broker and has more than 30 years of construction experience. We consider ourselves to be more than just house flippers. We invest in homes and in our Riverside, MO communities.
We make the home selling process as pain-free as we can with four easy steps:
We conduct an inspection ourselves and you will only directly talk to the person buying your house. For our inspections, you don’t even have to tidy up before we arrive, and we’ll even take any objects that you don’t want.
We can complete the purchase your home as quickly as 30 days. We are always honest about the value of your home and give fair, all-cash offers. Our objective is to give you as much as we can for your Riverside, MO property while still having it make financial sense for us. In the entire time we’ve been in business, we have never backed out of contract because we didn’t fulfill its terms.
Click on the links below to see the other services we offer on Riverside, MO:
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Cash Home Buying Company
- House Buyers
Selling a Property That Needs Major Repairs in Riverside, MO | Evervest Home Buyers
When you want to sell a house that needs major repairs, it’s important to find someone trustworthy. We have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau®, and you can check out our client testimonials to see how we’ve helped other Riverside, MO residents get rid of an unwanted properties. Get in touch with us today at (816) 368-8508 or contact us online so you never have to worry about selling a house with major repairs again.