How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs Sugar Creek, MO
How to sell a house that needs major repairs in Sugar Creek, MO. Do you own a property in Sugar Creek that needs serious repairs before it goes on the conventional housing market? Does it have termite or wind damage, or have a cracked foundation? Evervest Home Buyers specializes in flipping houses that need major repairs in the Sugar Creek, MO area. To date, we’ve helped over 700 homeowners move on from properties they felt were holding them back. If you want to unload house that needs major repairs, call Evervest Home Buyers today at (816) 368-8508 or reach out through our website.
What it Means to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Sugar Creek, MO
Most people in the market to buy a house are looking for a place where they can move in and immediately feel like they have a cozy home for their Sugar Creek, MO family. While some may be OK with putting a new carpet in, a traditional home buyer will usually not be interested in a house with serious damage. They just dedicated a considerable amount of money when closing and have a mortgage to pay for monthly. The idea of added expenses of hiring somebody, or the time it would take to make all the repairs themselves, does not attract many buyers.
Serious damage that we have experience with in Sugar Creek, MO include:
- Condemned properties
- Fire or water damage
- Lead or asbestos
- Plumbing issues
- Wind or hail damage
- A foundation that’s starting to crack
- Termite damage
- Holes in the roof or floor
Other problems that can make a house almost impossible to sell to the majority of potential home buyers include disagreeable smells, little natural light, poor design like low ceilings, a home that’s unstaged, or even homes that are out of fashion that have bad decor like old appliances.
Why Do Some Sugar Creek, MO Homes Need Major Repairs?
Homes, like cars, can suffer from wear and tear and require minor repairs annually. When that doesn’t happen, such as if the home was vacant for years or you inherited the home from a loved one who wasn’t physically able to stick with the upkeep. Minor damage can become worsen and turn into more serious damage.
If the home was a rental property, maybe it was lived in by bad tenants who did serious damage. As we’ve seen recently with flooding in the St. Louis area, natural events can cause serious damage in no time.
What You Can Do to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Sugar Creek, MO
If you want to sell a house in Sugar Creek, MO that needs major repairs, you typically have three options:
- Make the repairs yourself — While many people in Sugar Creek, MO can figure out how to install a new carpet, major repairs such as asbestos damage can often only be repaired safely and successfully by professionals. Even if you consider yourself an expert handy-person, you would spend much of the potential profit from selling the house on materials, which is even harder to stomach in today’s economy as the price of many commodities such as lumber is still fluctuating.
- Hire someone to deal with the damage — You can hire outside contractors to repair the damage for you, but, like like the previous option, that will eat into how much money you’ll get from the sale. replacing an entire roof can cost up to $11,000, while a full kitchen remodel can cost $22,000, according to the national average. Even when improvements are professionally done, the cost vs. value of most remodeling jobs does not yield a full return on investment.
- Sell your house “as-is” — As-is house buyers are not usually interested in properties that are in turnkey condition. They typically look for homes they can repair themselves and later sell for more money. While you won’t sell an as-is house for as much as you would if it was in turnkey shape, you’ll save tens of thousands of dollars, hundreds of labor hours, and the stress of the traditional market.
With the first two options, you’ll also have to pay for third-party inspectors and appraisers, give a real estate agent their percentage of the sale, and wait months or even years before the house is ready to be listed and you find someone to buy it.
Why Choose Evervest Home Buyers to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Sugar Creek, MO
Our Sugar Creek, MO cash home buyers are direct and discreet. Whatever the condition your house is in or what neighborhood it’s in, we are interested in purchasing it. Our team is made up of a licensed Real Estate Broker and has been buying and repairing houses for over three decades. We consider ourselves to be more than just house flippers. We are home investors that take pride in being part of our Sugar Creek, MO communities and using our skills to improve them.
Our home buying process in Sugar Creek, MO is simple:
We carry out our own inspections and you will only directly talk to the person buying your house. For our inspections, we don’t even ask that you tidy up before we come over, and you can leave any unwanted objects or faulty appliances when you go.
We can close on your home in as little as 30 days. We are always honest about how much your home is worth and give fair, all-cash offers. Our objective is to offer you the most amount of money possible for your Sugar Creek, MO property while still being able to have a profit margin ourselves down the road. In our 30 years of experience, we have never backed out of contract because we didn’t fulfill its terms.
Check out the links below to discover the other services we offer on Sugar Creek, MO:
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Cash Home Buying Company
- House Buyers
Selling a Property That Needs Major Repairs in Sugar Creek, MO | Evervest Home Buyers
When you’re selling a house that needs major repairs, it’s important to find someone who will pay you the full value of your Sugar Creek property. We are proud to have a Five-Star rating with the Better Business Bureau®, and you can take a look at our client testimonials to see what our previous Sugar Creek, MO clients think about us. Call us today at (816) 368-8508 or reach out through our website to sell your house that needs major repairs.