How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs Glendale, MO
How to sell a house that needs major repairs in Glendale, MO. Do you own a house in Glendale that needs serious repairs before it goes on the traditional housing market? Has it sustained asbestos or wind damage, or have an outdated floor plan or decor? Evervest Home Buyers specializes in giving fair, all-cash offers for homes that need major repairs in the Glendale, MO area. In our 30 years buying and selling houses, we’ve helped over 700 individuals and families move on from houses that had too much damage for them to fix themselves. If you want to unload house that needs major repairs, get in touch with Evervest Home Buyers today at (314) 730-0366 or reach out through our website.
What it Means to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Glendale, MO
When someone is interested in buying a house, they usually want one in turnkey condition so their Glendale, MO family can feel at home. While some might be open to making light cosmetic repairs themselves, or even like the idea of putting their own spin on a home, almost nobody on the traditional market will be interested in a house that’s in horrible shape. They’re already making a significant investment when closing and have monthly mortgage payments to keep in mind. They’re unlikely to want to spend the time and money to make major repairs.
Serious damage that we have experience with in Glendale, MO include:
- Condemned properties
- Fire or water damage
- Lead or asbestos
- Plumbing issues
- Wind or hail damage
- A foundation that’s starting to crack
- Termite damage
- Holes in the roof or floor
Other problems that can make a property difficult to sell to most potential home buyers include unpleasant odors, limited natural light, bad design like low ceilings, a home that wasn’t staged to appeal to home buyers, or even homes that are out of fashion that have unappealing furnishing like ugly carpets.
What Causes the Need for Major Repairs in Glendale, MO?
Homes, like musical instruments, can suffer from wear and tear and need to have minor damage fixed whenever it emerges. When minor fixes aren’t taken care of, such as if the property was vacant for months or years or the house was inherited from a family member who couldn’t properly take care of it. Minor damage can become significant problems.
If the home was a rental property, maybe it was lived in by difficult tenants who did not treat the propert well. In situations like what happened recently with flooding in the St. Louis area, weather events can tragically cause damage to a house as well.
How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Glendale, MO
If you want to sell a house in Glendale, MO that needs major repairs, you typically have three choices:
- Make the repairs yourself — While many Glendale, MO homeowners are able to change a carpet, major repairs such as water damage need to be handled by professionals in order to do so safely. Even if you consider yourself an expert handy-man or woman, you would spend much of the potential profit from selling the house on materials, which is even harder to stomach in today’s economy as the cost of many commodities such as lumber is still not down to pre-COVID levels.
- Hire contractors to make the repairs — You can hire experts to repair the damage for you, but again that will eat into any profit you’d make by selling on the traditional market. A roof replacement can cost over $8,000, according to the national average, while a complete kitchen remodel can cost up to $33,000. Even when hiring a professional, you do not get a full return on investment with most remodelings.
- Sell your house “as-is” — As-is house buyers are not usually interested in properties that are in turnkey condition. They typically look for homes that need a fair amount of repairs, and drive their business of the slight profit they get when they resell it. While the sale itself won’t be as high as if the house was fully repaired, you’ll save a significant amount of money, months of construction crews and labor, and the stress of trying to find a traditional house buyer.
With the first two options, you’ll also have to pay for hiring other people to carry out an inspection, give a real estate agent their percentage of the sale, and wait months or even years to repair everything and find a buyer.
Why Choose Evervest Home Buyers to Sell Your House As-Is in Glendale, MO
Our Glendale, MO cash home buyers are honest and considerate. Whatever the condition your house is in or where it’s located, we are interested in it. Our team includes a licensed Real Estate Broker and has over three decades of construction experience. We see ourselves as more than mere house flippers. We invest in homes and in our Glendale, MO communities.
Our home buying process in Glendale, MO is stress-free:
We perform an inspection ourselves and you will only directly talk to the person buying your house. When we do our inspection, you don’t even have to vacuum the carpet before we arrive, and we’ll even take any objects that you don’t want.
We can complete the purchase your house as quickly as a month. We are always honest about how much your home is worth and give fair, all-cash offers. Our goal is to offer you the most amount of money possible for your Glendale, MO property while still seeing it as an investment for ourselves. In our 30 years of experience, we have never written a contract that we didn’t close on due to us backing out of the deal spelled out in the contract.
Click on the links below to see the other types of properties we buy on Glendale, MO:
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Sell My House As-Is
- Sell My House For Cash
- Sell My Probate House
- Sell My As-Is House
- Sell My Outdated House
- Sell My Inherited House in Greater St. Louis
- Sell Your House Fast
- How to Sell Your House
- Sell My Home Preforeclosure
- Sell My Home Now
- Rental Property Buyer
- Cash Home Buying Company
- Investment Property Buyers
- Foreclosed House Buyer
- House Buying Company
- Fast House Buyer
- Probate House Buyer
- Condemned Property Buyer
- House Buyers
- Property Buyers
- Cash Home Buyer
- We Buy Houses in Greater St. Louis
How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Glendale, MO | Evervest Home Buyers
When you’re selling a house that needs major repairs, it’s important to find someone who will pay you the full value of your Glendale property. We are proud to have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau®, and you can read our client testimonials to see what our previous Glendale, MO clients think about us. Call us today at (314) 730-0366 or reach out through our website so you never have to worry about selling a house with major repairs again.