How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs Buffalo, MO
How to sell a house that needs major repairs in Buffalo, MO. Are in possession a home in Buffalo that you’re worried is impossible to sell? Has it sustained asbestos or hail damage, or have low ceilings? Evervest Home Buyers specializes in repairing homes that have serious damage in the Buffalo, MO area. In our three decades of experience, we’ve helped over 700 individuals and families get rid of properties they no longer wanted. If you need to sell house that needs major repairs, call Evervest Home Buyers today at (417) 815-3889 or contact us online.
How Difficult Is It to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Buffalo, MO?
When someone is interested in buying a house, they usually want a place where they can move in and immediately feel like they have a pleasant home for their Buffalo, MO family. While some may be OK with putting a new carpet in, a traditional home buyer will usually not be interested in a house that’s in horrible shape. They just dedicated a considerable amount of money on the down payment and have a mortgage to pay for monthly. They’re unlikely to want to make the extra investment of repairing the damage themselves.
Common serious damage in Buffalo, MO include:
- Condemned properties
- Fire or water damage
- Lead or asbestos
- Plumbing issues
- Wind or hail damage
- A foundation that’s starting to crack
- Termite damage
- Holes in the roof or floor
Other issues that can make a house almost impossible to sell to most prospective home buyers include unpleasant odors, restricted natural light, bad architecture like low ceilings, a house that’s unstaged, or even homes that are out of fashion that have bad decor like old appliances.
Why Do Some Buffalo, MO Homes Need Major Repairs?
Homes, like cars, can suffer from wear and tear and need to have minor damage fixed whenever it appears. When that doesn’t happen, such as if the property was vacant for years or you inherited the home from a family member who couldn’t properly take care of it. Those minor nicks and scratches can become serious problems.
If the home was a rental property, maybe you had irresponsible tenants who trashed the placed. In situations like what happened recently with the historic floods in Greater St. Louis, natural disasters can cause serious damage in no time.
How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Buffalo, MO
If your Buffalo, MO home needs major repairs, you can take one of three choices:
- Fix up your house yourself — While many people in Buffalo, MO are able to install a new carpet, major repairs such as water damage can often only be repaired safely and successfully by professionals. Even if you consider yourself an expert handy-person, much of what you might make by selling the house fully repaired would be lost in materials, which is even harder to stomach in today’s economy as the price of many materials such as lumber is still not down to pre-COVID levels.
- Hire someone to make the repairs — You can enlist the services of professionals to handle the major repairs for you, but again that will take away from any profit you’d make by selling the house. replacing an entire roof can cost up to $11,000, while redoing an entire kitchen can cost $20,000 to $50,000. Even when enlisting the services of general contractors, you do not get a full return on investment with most repairs.
- Sell your house “as-is” — As-is house buyers are not usually interested in turnkey properties. They usually buy houses they can repair themselves and later sell for a higher amount. While you won’t sell an as-is house for as much as you would if it was in perfect shape, you’ll save a significant amount of money, months of construction crews and labor, and the stress of trying to find a traditional house buyer.
With the first two options, you’ll also have to pay for hiring other people to carry out an inspection, give a real estate agent their percentage of the sale, and wait months or even years before the house is ready to be listed and you find someone to buy it.
Why Choose Evervest Home Buyers to Sell Your House As-Is in Buffalo, MO
Our Buffalo, MO cash home buyers are direct and discreet. Regardless of what repairs your property needs or what neighborhood it’s in, we would like to buy it. Our team consists of a licensed Real Estate Broker and has been in the construction business for more than 30 years. We consider ourselves to be more than mere house flippers. We are home investors that take pride in being part of our Buffalo, MO communities and using our skills to improve them.
We make the home selling process as quick as we can with four easy steps:
We conduct our own inspections and you will only directly talk to the person buying your house. For our inspections, you don’t even have to pick up the socks off the floor before we arrive, and you can leave any unwanted objects or faulty appliances when you go.
We can close on your home in as little as 30 days. We are always honest about the value of your home and give offers we think you’ll feel good about. Our goal is to offer you the most amount of money we can for your Buffalo, MO property while still seeing it as an investment for ourselves. In the entire time we’ve been in business, we have never backed out of contract because we didn’t fulfill its terms.
Check out the links below to see the other services we offer on Buffalo, MO:
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Cash Home Buying Company
- House Buyers
Buffalo, MO As-Is House Buyers | Evervest Home Buyers
When you’re selling a house that needs major repairs, it’s important to find someone who won’t try to lowball you. We have a perfect rating with the Better Business Bureau®, and you can read our client testimonials to see how we’ve helped other Buffalo, MO residents get rid of an unwanted properties. Call us today at (417) 815-3889 or reach out through our website so you never have to worry about selling a house with major repairs again.