How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs Florissant, MO
How to sell a house that needs major repairs in Florissant, MO. Do you have a property in Florissant that you’re worried is impossible to sell? Has it sustained asbestos or hail damage, or have bad tenants? Evervest Home Buyers specializes in flipping homes that have serious damage in the Florissant, MO area. To date, we’ve helped over 700 individuals and families get rid of houses they no longer wanted. If you want to unload house that needs major repairs, call Evervest Home Buyers today at (314) 730-0366 or contact us online.
How Hard Is It to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Florissant, MO?
Most prospective home buyers want a place where they can move in and immediately feel like they have a comfortable home for their Florissant, MO family. While some may be OK with repainting the walls, a traditional home buyer will usually not want to buy a house that needs major repairs. They just dedicated a considerable amount of money on the down payment and have monthly mortgage payments to make. They’re unlikely to want to make the extra investment of repairing the damage themselves.
Major repairs needed that we have experience with in Florissant, MO include:
- Condemned properties
- Fire or water damage
- Lead or asbestos
- Plumbing issues
- Wind or hail damage
- A foundation that’s starting to crack
- Termite damage
- Holes in the roof or floor
Other problems that can make a property difficult to sell to most prospective home buyers include disagreeable odors, limited natural light, poor architecture like low ceilings, a home that’s cluttered, or even outdated properties that have unappealing furnishing like old appliances.
Why Do Some Florissant, MO Homes Need Major Repairs?
Homes, like cars, can suffer from wear and tear and need to have minor damage taken care of whenever it appears. When that doesn’t happen, maybe in the event that a house was vacant for months or years or the house was inherited from a family member who couldn’t properly take care of it. Minor damage can become significant issues.
If the home was a rental property, maybe you had bad tenants who trashed the placed. In situations like what happened recently with flooding in the St. Louis area, natural disasters can quickly cause damage to a house as well.
How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Florissant, MO
If your Florissant, MO home needs major repairs, you can take one of three options:
- Make the repairs yourself — While many people in Florissant, MO can teach themselves how to install a new carpet, major repairs such as mold damage can often only be repaired safely and successfully by professionals. Even if you have extensive construction experience yourself, much of what you might make by selling the house fully repaired would be lost in materials, when the cost of many construction essentials such as lumber is still not down to pre-COVID levels.
- Hire contractors to repair the house for you — You can hire experts to handle the major repairs for you, but again that will take away from any profit you’d make by selling the house. A roof replacement can cost at minimum $5,000, while redoing an entire kitchen can cost up to $33,000. Even when enlisting the services of a professional, you do not get a full return on investment with most repairs.
- Sell your house “as-is” — As-is house buyers do not necessarily look to buy homes that are in turnkey condition. They usually buy houses they can repair themselves and later sell for more money. While the sale itself won’t be as high as if the house was fully repaired, you’ll save tens of thousands of dollars, hundreds of labor hours, and the convoluted process of trying to find a traditional house buyer.
With the first two options, you’ll also have to pay for third-party inspectors and appraisers, give a real estate agent their percentage of the sale, and wait months or even years before the house is ready to be listed and you find someone to buy it.
Why Choose Evervest Home Buyers to Sell Your House As-Is in Florissant, MO
Our Florissant, MO cash home buyers are direct and discreet. Regardless of the condition your property is in or what neighborhood it’s in, we are interested in purchasing it. Our team includes a licensed Real Estate Broker and has been buying and repairing houses for over 30 years. We see ourselves as more than just house flippers. We invest in homes and in our Florissant, MO neighborhoods.
Our home buying process in Florissant, MO is pain-free:
We conduct our own inspections and the only person you’ll be dealing with is the one making the purchase on your home. For our inspections, you don’t even have to pick up the socks off the floor before we come over, and you can leave any unwanted objects or faulty appliances when you go.
We can close on your property in as little as 30 days. We will always be direct about how much your home is worth and give fair, all-cash offers. Our goal is to give you as much as possible for your Florissant, MO property while still being able to have a profit margin ourselves in the future. In our 30 years of experience, we have never written a contract that we didn’t close on due to us backing out of the deal agreed to.
Click on the links below to discover the other types of homes we buy on Florissant, MO:
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Sell My House As-Is
- Sell My House For Cash
- Sell My Probate House
- Sell My As-Is House
- Sell My Outdated House
- Sell My Inherited House in Greater St. Louis
- Sell Your House Fast
- How to Sell Your House
- Sell My Home Preforeclosure
- Sell My Home Now
- Rental Property Buyer
- Cash Home Buying Company
- Investment Property Buyers
- Foreclosed House Buyer
- House Buying Company
- Fast House Buyer
- Probate House Buyer
- Condemned Property Buyer
- House Buyers
- Property Buyers
- Cash Home Buyer
- We Buy Houses in Greater St. Louis
How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Florissant, MO | Evervest Home Buyers
When you want to sell a house that needs major repairs, it’s important to find someone who won’t try to lowball you. We are proud to have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau®, and you can read our client testimonials to see what our previous Florissant, MO clients think about us. Get in touch with us today at (314) 730-0366 or contact us online so you never have to worry about selling a house with major repairs again.