How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs Strafford, MO
How to sell a house that needs major repairs in Strafford, MO. Are in possession a house in Strafford that needs serious repairs before it goes on the conventional housing market? Has it sustained termite or wind damage, or have uneven floors? Evervest Home Buyers specializes in repairing houses that need major repairs in the Strafford, MO area. To date, we’ve helped over 700 individuals and families move on from properties they felt were holding them back. If you need to sell house that needs major repairs, get in touch with Evervest Home Buyers today at (417) 815-3889 or reach out through our website.
How Hard Is It to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Strafford, MO?
Most people in the market to buy a house want one in turnkey condition so their Strafford, MO family can feel at home. While some might be open to making light cosmetic repairs themselves, or even like the idea of putting their own spin on a home, a traditional home buyer will usually not be interested in a house that’s in horrible shape. They’re already using a lot of their savings on the down payment and have monthly mortgage payments to keep in mind. The idea of added expenses of paying contractors, or the months it would take to make all the repairs themselves, is unappealing.
Serious damage that we often see in Strafford, MO include:
- Condemned properties
- Fire or water damage
- Lead or asbestos
- Plumbing issues
- Wind or hail damage
- A foundation that’s starting to crack
- Termite damage
- Holes in the roof or floor
Other problems that can make a house “unsellable” to a traditional buyer include bad smells, limited natural light, bad architecture like low ceilings, a home that wasn’t staged right for showing, or even outdated properties that have bad furnishing like old appliances.
What Causes the Need for Major Repairs in Strafford, MO?
Homes, like musical instruments, need to be maintained and need to have slight damage taken care of whenever it appears. When that doesn’t happen, maybe in the event that a property was vacant for a long time or you inherited the home from a family member who couldn’t properly take care of it. Those minor nicks and scratches can become serious problems.
If you were renting the home, maybe it was rented irresponsible tenants who did serious damage. As we’ve seen recently with flooding in Greater St. Louis, natural events can cause serious damage with little to no notice.
Options for Selling a House That Needs Major Repairs in Strafford, MO
If you want to sell a house in Strafford, MO that needs major repairs, you can take one of three options:
- Make the repairs yourself — While many people in Strafford, MO can learn how to fix a cabinet door, major repairs such as asbestos damage can often only be repaired safely and successfully by professionals. Even if you’re confident in your abilities, much of what you might make by selling the house in turnkey condition would be lost in materials, when the price of many commodities such as wood is still going up and down.
- Hire contractors to repair the house for you — You can enlist the services of professionals to handle the major repairs for you, but, like doing it yourself, that will take away from any profit you’d make by selling on the traditional market. replacing an entire roof can cost anywhere from $5,500 to $11,000, while redoing an entire kitchen can cost up to $33,000. Even when enlisting the services of general contractors, the cost vs. value of most remodeling jobs does not give a full return on investment.
- Sell your house “as-is” — As-is house buyers are not usually interested in properties that are in turnkey condition. They usually buy houses they can repair themselves and later sell for a higher amount. While the sale itself won’t be as high as if the house was fully repaired, you’ll save tens of thousands of dollars, months of construction crews and labor, and the stress of the conventional market.
If you don’t sell the house as-is, you’ll also have to pay for hiring other people to carry out an inspection, give a realtor 6% of the final sale, and wait months or even years before the house is ready to be listed and you find someone to buy it.
Why Choose Evervest Home Buyers to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Strafford, MO
Our Strafford, MO cash home buyers are direct and considerate. Whatever what repairs your property needs or what neighborhood it’s in, we want to discuss it. Our team includes a licensed Real Estate Broker and has been in the construction business for more than 30 years. We consider ourselves to be more than mere house flippers. We invest in homes and in our Strafford, MO neighborhoods.
Our home buying process in Strafford, MO is easy:
We carry out an inspection ourselves and you will only directly talk to the person buying your house. For our inspections, you don’t even have to vacuum the carpet before we arrive, and we’ll even take any objects that you don’t want.
We can close on your property as quickly as a month. We are always honest about the value of your home and give offers we think you’ll feel good about. Our objective is to give you as much as we can for your Strafford, MO property while still seeing it as an investment for ourselves. In the entire time we’ve been in business, we have never backed out of contract because we didn’t fulfill its terms.
Check out the links below to see the other services we offer on Strafford, MO:
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Cash Home Buying Company
- House Buyers
Strafford, MO As-Is House Buyers | Evervest Home Buyers
When you’re selling a house that needs major repairs, it’s important to find someone who won’t try to lowball you. We have a perfect rating with the Better Business Bureau®, and you can read our client testimonials to see how we’ve helped other Strafford, MO residents get rid of an unwanted properties. Call us today at (417) 815-3889 or contact us online to sell your house that needs major repairs.