How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs Boone County, MO
How to sell a house that needs major repairs in Boone County, MO. Do you own a home in Boone County that you’re worried is impossible to sell? Has it sustained mold or hail damage, or have low ceilings? Evervest Home Buyers specializes in flipping homes that need major repairs in the Boone County, MO area. In our three decades of experience, we’ve helped over 700 people get rid of homes they felt were holding them back. If you need to sell house that needs major repairs, call Evervest Home Buyers today at (573) 367-5767 or reach out through our website.
What it Means to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Boone County, MO
Most people in the market to buy a house are looking for a place where they can move in and immediately feel like they have a cozy home for their Boone County, MO family. While some might be open to making light cosmetic repairs themselves, or even like the idea of putting their own spin on a home, almost nobody on the traditional market will be interested in a house with serious damage. They’re already spending a hefty sum of money on the down payment and have monthly mortgage payments to think about. The thought of added costs of paying contractors, or the time it would take to handle the repairs themselves, does not attract many buyers.
Serious damage that we have experience with in Boone County, MO include:
- Condemned properties
- Fire or water damage
- Lead or asbestos
- Plumbing issues
- Wind or hail damage
- A foundation that’s starting to crack
- Termite damage
- Holes in the roof or floor
Other problems that can make a property difficult to sell to the majority of potential home buyers include disagreeable smells, little natural light, bad design like a poor floor plan, a house that’s cluttered, or even homes that are outmoded that have bad furnishing like old appliances.
What Causes the Need for Major Repairs in Boone County, MO?
Properties, like cars, can suffer from wear and tear and need to have slight damage taken care of whenever it emerges. When that doesn’t happen, maybe in the event that a home was vacant for years or the house was inherited from a loved one who wasn’t physically able to stick with the upkeep. Minor damage can become serious problems.
If you were renting the home, maybe you had bad tenants who did serious damage. In situations like what happened recently with flooding in Greater St. Louis, natural disasters can cause serious damage with little to no notice.
Options for Selling a House That Needs Major Repairs in Boone County, MO
If you want to sell a house in Boone County, MO that needs major repairs, you can take one of three options:
- Make the repairs yourself — While many people in Boone County, MO are able to fix a cabinet door, major repairs such as mold damage can often only be repaired safely and successfully by professionals. Even if you’re confident in your abilities, much of what you might make by selling the house fully repaired would be lost in materials, when the price of many commodities such as wood is still not down to pre-COVID levels.
- Hire someone to deal with the damage — You can enlist the services of experts to take care of the major repairs for you, but again that will take away from any profit you’d make by selling on the traditional market. replacing an entire roof can cost at minimum $5,000, while redoing an entire kitchen can cost $22,000, according to the national average. Even when improvements are professionally done, the cost vs. value of most repairs does not give a full return on investment.
- Sell your house “as-is” — As-is house buyers do not necessarily look to buy turnkey properties. They usually buy houses that need a fair amount of repairs, so they can make a profit when they resell it. While you won’t sell an as-is house for as much as you would if it was in perfect condition, you’ll save a significant amount of money, hundreds of labor hours, and the convoluted process of the traditional market.
With the first two options, you’ll also have to pay for hiring other people to carry out an inspection, pay a realtor fee, and wait months or even years before the house is ready to be listed and you find someone to buy it.
Why Choose Evervest Home Buyers to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Boone County, MO
Our Boone County, MO cash home buyers are honest and considerate. Whatever the condition your house is in or where it’s located, we want to discuss it. Our team consists of a licensed Real Estate Broker and has been in the construction business for over three decades. We see ourselves as more than mere house flippers. We invest in homes and in our Boone County, MO neighborhoods.
We make the home selling process as easy as we can with four easy steps:
We conduct an inspection ourselves and do not use an outside realtor. When we do our inspection, we don’t even ask that you vacuum the carpet before we arrive, and we’ll even take any objects that you don’t want.
We can close on your property as quickly as a month. We are always honest about how much your home is worth and give fair, all-cash offers. Our objective is to offer you the most amount of money possible for your Boone County, MO property while still being able to have a profit margin ourselves down the road. In our 30 years of experience, we have never backed out of contract because we didn’t fulfill its terms.
Check out the links below to discover the other types of properties we buy on Boone County, MO:
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Cash Home Buying Company
- House Buyers
Selling a Property That Needs Major Repairs in Boone County, MO | Evervest Home Buyers
When you want to sell a house that needs major repairs, it’s important to find someone trustworthy. We are proud to have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau®, and you can read our client testimonials to see how we’ve helped other Boone County, MO residents move on from properties that needed serious repairs. Call us today at (573) 367-5767 or reach out through our website so you never have to worry about selling a house with major repairs again.