How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs Hanley Hills, MO
How to sell a house that needs major repairs in Hanley Hills, MO. Do you have a house in Hanley Hills that you’re worried is impossible to sell? Does it have asbestos or wind damage, or have a cracked foundation? Evervest Home Buyers specializes in fixing up houses that need major repairs in the Hanley Hills, MO area. In our three decades buying and selling houses, we’ve helped over 700 people get rid of properties they no longer wanted. If you want to unload house that needs major repairs, get in touch with Evervest Home Buyers today at (314) 730-0366 or reach out through our website.
How Difficult Is It to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Hanley Hills, MO?
Most people in the market to buy a house are looking for a place where they can move in and immediately feel like they have a welcoming home for their Hanley Hills, MO family. While some may be OK with repainting the walls, a traditional home buyer will usually not be interested in a house that needs major repairs. They just dedicated a considerable amount of money on the down payment and have a mortgage to pay for monthly. They’re unlikely to want to make the extra investment of repairing the damage themselves.
Common serious damage in Hanley Hills, MO include:
- Condemned properties
- Fire or water damage
- Lead or asbestos
- Plumbing issues
- Wind or hail damage
- A foundation that’s starting to crack
- Termite damage
- Holes in the roof or floor
Other problems that can make a house “unsellable” to most potential home buyers include disagreeable odors, limited natural light, poor design like a poor floor plan, a house that wasn’t staged right for showing, or even homes that are outmoded that have bad furnishing like ugly carpets.
What Causes the Need for Major Repairs in Hanley Hills, MO?
Properties, like musical instruments, need to be maintained and need to have minor damage fixed whenever it emerges. When slight damage isn’t taken care of, such as if the house was vacant for years or the house was inherited from a loved one who wasn’t physically able to stick with the upkeep. Those minor nicks and scratches can become significant problems.
If the home was a rental property, maybe it was lived in by bad tenants who did serious damage. As we’ve seen recently with the historic floods in the St. Louis area, natural events can tragically cause damage to a property as well.
Options for Selling a House That Needs Major Repairs in Hanley Hills, MO
If your Hanley Hills, MO home needs major repairs, you can take one of three options:
- Make the repairs yourself — While many Hanley Hills, MO homeowners can figure out how to fix a loose shower head, major repairs such as asbestos damage can often only be repaired safely and successfully by professionals. Even if you consider yourself an expert handy-person, much of what you might make by selling the house in turnkey condition would be lost in materials, when the price of many commodities such as lumber is still not down to pre-COVID levels.
- Hire contractors to make the repairs — You can hire outside contractors to take care of the major repairs for you, but, like doing it yourself, that will take away from any profit you’d make by selling on the traditional market. replacing an entire roof can cost over $8,000, according to the national average, while a complete kitchen remodel can cost up to $33,000. Even when improvements are professionally done, the cost vs. value of most repairs does not yield a full return on investment.
- Sell your house “as-is” — As-is house buyers are not usually interested in properties that are in turnkey condition. They usually buy houses they can repair themselves and later sell for a higher amount. While the sale itself won’t be as high as if the house was fully repaired, you’ll save tens of thousands of dollars, months of construction crews and labor, and the stress of trying to find a traditional house buyer.
With the first two options, you’ll have the added costs of hiring other people to carry out an inspection, pay a realtor fee, and endure months or even years before the house is ready to be listed and you find someone to buy it.
Why Choose Evervest Home Buyers to Sell Your House As-Is in Hanley Hills, MO
Our Hanley Hills, MO cash home buyers are straightforward and discreet. Regardless of what repairs your home needs or where it’s located, we are interested in purchasing it. Our team is made up of a licensed Real Estate Broker and has been in the construction business for more than 30 years. We see ourselves as more than mere house flippers. We are home investors that take pride in helping the same Hanley Hills, MO neighborhoods we were raised in improve.
We make the home selling process as quick as we can with four easy steps:
We perform our own inspections and do not use an outside realtor. When we do our inspection, we don’t even ask that you vacuum the carpet before we come over, and you can leave any unwanted objects or faulty appliances when you go.
We can complete the purchase your house in as little as a month. We are always honest about how much your home is worth and give offers we think you’ll feel good about. Our goal is to offer you the most amount of money possible for your Hanley Hills, MO property while still being able to have a profit margin ourselves in the future. In the entire time we’ve been in business, we have never written a contract that we didn’t close on because we backed out of the deal spelled out in the contract.
Click on the links below to discover the other services we offer on Hanley Hills, MO:
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Sell My House As-Is
- Sell My House For Cash
- Sell My Probate House
- Sell My As-Is House
- Sell My Outdated House
- Sell My Inherited House in Greater St. Louis
- Sell Your House Fast
- How to Sell Your House
- Sell My Home Preforeclosure
- Sell My Home Now
- Rental Property Buyer
- Cash Home Buying Company
- Investment Property Buyers
- Foreclosed House Buyer
- House Buying Company
- Fast House Buyer
- Probate House Buyer
- Condemned Property Buyer
- House Buyers
- Property Buyers
- Cash Home Buyer
- We Buy Houses in Greater St. Louis
Selling a Property That Needs Major Repairs in Hanley Hills, MO | Evervest Home Buyers
When you want to sell a house that needs major repairs, it’s important to find someone trustworthy. We have a Five-Star rating with the Better Business Bureau®, and you can read our client testimonials to see how we’ve helped other Hanley Hills, MO residents get rid of an unwanted properties. Get in touch with us today at (314) 730-0366 or reach out through our website to sell your house that needs major repairs.