Selling a Home in Pre-Foreclosure in Hanley Hills, MO
Selling a home in pre-foreclosure in Hanley Hills, MO. Financial hardships can happen to anyone, but foreclosure is not the end of the road for homeowners. While losing your home and facing an enormous hit on your credit score is a difficult situation to be in, you do have options if you find yourself there. Evervest Home Buyers is an as-is house-buying company that buys Hanley Hills, MO homes in foreclosure. Our buyers are friendly and discreet. We can offer you an estimate in as little as an hour, have a full offer for you once we do our own inspection, and close as quickly as you need us to – before the lender auctions off your home. Call us at (314) 730-0366 or get your offer online to start the process of getting out from under the bank’s thumb today. Depending on how much you owe, we may even be able to put enough cash in your account to pay for your next move.
The Pre-Foreclosure Process in Hanley Hills, MO
Pre-foreclosure is the period between when you first miss a mortgage payment and when your bank or lender sells your Hanley Hills, MO house. It is a five-stage process:
- Payment default — Payment default begins when you’ve missed at least one mortgage payment. Banks are required to reach out to by the time you’re 45 days late on a payment. At this juncture, you may be able to work something out with the lender to catch up on payments. Federal law requires lenders to offer you an opportunity to catch up before proceeding to foreclosure.
- Notice of default — After 90 days of missed payments, you’ll receive a notice of default, notifying you of the amount past due and informing you that you have 30 days to pay it off. Federal law dictates that lenders must wait 120 days from the first missed payment to start foreclosure proceedings.
- The lender officially begins foreclosure — If, after that period has ended you haven’t made your mortgage current, the lender will begin either a judicial foreclosure or a nonjudicial foreclosure. In a judicial foreclosure, the lender sue you in civil court. In a nonjudicial foreclosure, they’ll proceed out of court, but they must follow the rules in by Missouri law.
- Sale of the home — Whichever type of foreclosure the lender opts for, the property will will be sold in a public option. The lender will set a minimum bid which accounts for their appraisal of the home, the amount owed, and any fees or unpaid taxes.
- Eviction — Once the home is sold, you’ll have a three to 30 day period to move out. If you don’t, the new owner can file an eviction lawsuit against you.
While the foreclosure process may seem harsh, you do have options before the bank takes your home from you.
How to Stop Foreclosure in Hanley Hills, MO
The following are the main ways you can handle pre-foreclosure or foreclosure in Hanley Hills, MO:
Reinstate the Loan
Reinstating a loan usually involves settling the late payments and any other penalties or fees. Once the loan is current you will be required to continue with the monthly payments as previously agreed.
It’s important to note. If you fall behind again the home may go into foreclosure again. You could consider taking out a loan with a different lender, but it will likely have an incredibly high interest rate, and you’ll have to keep up with the payments in addition to your mortgage.
Deed in Lieu of Foreclosure
In a “deed in lieu,” you can give your home to the lender in exchange for the release of your unpaid debt. This reduces some of the negative consequences of a foreclosure, such as a damaged credit score, and the lender wouldn’t have to deal with the hassle the foreclosure process. The lender can then sell the house, or keep it as a rental property, but you would still likely have to move out.
Filing for bankruptcy is a way to get relief from overwhelming debt. If you file for bankruptcy, you’ll still have to pay off the mortgage, but with a more realistic payment structure. There are several types of bankruptcy, but the most common for individuals are Chapter 7 and Chapter 13.:
Chapter 7 Bankruptcy
If you file for Chapter 7 bankruptcy, you will not have to pay off your remaining debt if the lender completes foreclosure, and you can remain in the home during the process for free. The goal of this is to give you a few more months to figure out what to do.
Chapter 13 Bankruptcy
If you file for Chapter 13 bankruptcy, you may be able to keep your property. You’ll have to stick to a payment plan – overseen by a court-appointed trustee – that allows you to become current in three or five years.
There are many reasons that bankruptcy may not be a good option. First, your entire financial life will be analyzed to see if you qualify. You’ll also have to pay many court fees for bankruptcy lawyers. If you’re having difficulty keeping up with mortgage payments, you may not be able to afford filing for bankruptcy.
Sell Your Home in Pre-Foreclosure
Another possibility is to sell your home and settle your outstanding debts with the money. There are a couple different ways to do this:
- Short sale — If an interested buyer makes an offer on your Hanley Hills, MO home, the lender legally obligated to consider it. In a short sale, the offer is not enough money to pay off all your debts. The lender can then decide if getting less than the remainder of the mortgage is worth not having to deal with the hassle of a foreclosure. A short sale can negatively impact your credit score, but not as much as a foreclosure.
- Standard sale — If a prospective buyer offers more than the amount of debt you owe, you can simply sell your home to an interested buyer, use the money to pay off your mortgage, and keep the rest for new housing.
You can try to sell your house on the traditional market, but foreclosure only lasts for 45 to 60 days. According to research by the St. Louis Federal Reserve, it takes an average of 50 days to find a buyer and 50 days to close, and that doesn’t include the repairs and upgrades most traditional buyers will want you to make. If you’re in pre-foreclosure, selling to an as-is, cash home buyer may be your best option. We can agree to an offer and close on your house within a month of our initial conversation.
How Our Hanley Hills, MO Cash Home Buyers Can Help With Your Home in Pre-Foreclosure
Evervest Home Buyers pays all cash for properties, and strive to give Hanley Hills, MO residents a stress-free home sale. We buy all types of properties, from houses in probate to condemned properties.
We purchase homes “as-is,” which means that homeowners do not have to make costly repairs to the property for us to want to buy it. You also don’t have to do open houses and wait to find a buyer. We can help you in selling your home in pre-foreclosure by:
- Getting you a fair offer fast — If you upload photos of your home, we can give you an estimate within an hour. In the following 24-48 hours, one of our buyers will perform their own inspection. You don’t even have to wash the dishes before we come over. We always strive to offer the most we can for a property in Hanley Hills, MO while still being able to profit off it after we repair it.
- Making the home selling experience stress-free — We understand that your Hanley Hills, MO home being in pre-foreclosure is difficult, and you may be emotional about having to move out of home. We’ll won’t make things any more stressful than they already are. We differ from other cash home buying companies we always keep our word.. We’ll show you proof of funds so you can feel at ease.
- Getting you money fast — While the bank would likely prefer it if you sold your home instead of them having to foreclose on it, they’ll still move to take over and sell the house as quickly as possible. When you sell to us, you can sell your house fast. There’s no waiting for inspections, appraisals, or open house. As licensed real estate brokers, we can perform the closing ourselves, as soon as you need us to after we agree on a price.
- Saving your credit score — Having a home in pre-foreclosure won’t effect your credit score. However, if your house is foreclosed on, it has a huge negative impact on your credit score, that won’t go away for 7 years. While selling to us won’t allow you to keep your home, we can help you avoid the financial perils of foreclosure.
Other properties we buy in Hanley Hills, MO include:
- Selling a House in Poor Condition
- How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Sell My House As-Is
- Sell My House For Cash
- Sell My Probate House
- Sell My As-Is House
- Sell My Outdated House
- Sell My Inherited House in Greater St. Louis
- Sell Your House Fast
- How to Sell Your House
- Sell My Home Preforeclosure
- Sell My Home Now
- Rental Property Buyer
- Cash Home Buying Company
- Investment Property Buyers
- Foreclosed House Buyer
- House Buying Company
- Fast House Buyer
- Probate House Buyer
- Condemned Property Buyer
- House Buyers
- Property Buyers
- Cash Home Buyer
- We Buy Houses in Greater St. Louis
Selling Your Hanley Hills, MO Home in Pre-Foreclosure | Evervest Home Buyers
Everyone hates foreclosure – even mortgage companies. Selling your home in pre-foreclosure can be an agreeable solution for everybody involved. Our buyers are amiable and nonjudgmental, and can help you get out from under your debt and save your credit score. We’ll make a fair cash offer on the property, close on the deal quickly, and help you with the legal and financial aspects of the sale. If your Hanley Hills, MO home is in pre-foreclosure, call Evervest Home Buyers today at (314) 730-0366 or tell us about your property online.