Selling a Home in Pre-Foreclosure in Peculiar, MO
Selling a home in pre-foreclosure in Peculiar, MO. if you’ve been given a notice of default, you do have options. Evervest Home Buyers is a cash house-buying company that buys Peculiar, MO homes in foreclosure. Our buyers are personable and nonjudgmental. We can offer you an estimate in as little as an hour, have our official offer in a matter of days, and close as quickly as you need us to – before the bank auctions off your home. Speak to a representative at (816) 368-8508 or get your offer online to get out from under your debt. Depending on how much you owe, you may even be able to have some cash left over.
How Foreclosure Happens in Peculiar, MO
Pre-foreclosure begins when you first miss a payment, and ends when your lender takes official action. It typically happens in five stages:
- Payment default — You’re technically in default after your first missed payment, or once you pass your lender’s grace period. Banks are required to reach out to by the time you’re 45 days late on a payment. If you’ve only missed a month or two, the lender will likely be willing to work something out with you to pay off the delinquent debt. Federal law requires lenders to discuss loss mitigation options with you.
- Notice of default — After the third month of missed payments, you’ll receive a demand letter, detailing how much you owe and informing you that, to avoid foreclosure, you must bring the mortgage up to date within 30 days. Federal law stipulates that lenders must wait 120 days from the first missed payment to begin official action.
- The lender officially begins foreclosure — If, after 120 days you haven’t caught up, the lender will take action with either a judicial foreclosure or a nonjudicial foreclosure. In a judicial foreclosure, the lender sue you in civil court. In a nonjudicial foreclosure, they’ll proceed out of court, but they must abide by the rules in by Missouri law.
- Sale of the home — Whichever type of foreclosure the lender opts for, the house will then be auctioned off to the public. The lender will set a minimum bid which accounts for how much the home is worth, the debt that remains unpaid, and any fees or unpaid taxes.
- Eviction — Once the home is sold, you’ll have a three to 30 day period to leave. If you don’t, the new owner can file an eviction lawsuit against you.
While the foreclosure process may seem cruel, there are multiple ways you can lessen the consequences for yourself.
How to Stop Foreclosure in Peculiar, MO
Below are the main ways you can handle pre-foreclosure or foreclosure in Peculiar, MO:
Reinstate the Loan
Reinstating a loan generally includes paying off the past due payments and any other penalties or fees. Once the mortgage is current you will be expected to continue making regular payments as outlined in the loan agreement.
You need to be aware that reinstating a loan does not erase the late payments and penalties that were incurred, it merely brings the loan current. If you are unable to stay but to date. You could consider taking out a loan with a different bank, but the interest rates will likely be high, and then you’ll have two monthly loans to stay current on.
Deed in Lieu of Foreclosure
In a “deed in lieu,” you can agree with the lender to voluntarily transfer ownership of the property to them in exchange for the release of your obligation to pay the mortgage. This reduces some of the negative consequences of a foreclosure, such as a damaged credit score, and it allows the lender to avoid the time and expense of the foreclosure process. The lender can then sell the house, or keep it and have tenants in it, but you would still likely have to move out.
The goal of bankruptcy is to provide a fresh start for you by either eliminating or reducing your debt. If you go the bankruptcy route, you’ll still be responsible for paying off the mortgage, but with a more realistic payment structure. There are two types of bankruptcy you can file:
Chapter 7 Bankruptcy
If you file for Chapter 7 bankruptcy, you will not be required to pay off the rest of your mortgage if your home completes foreclosure, and you can remain in the home during the process for free. The goal of this is to simply stall foreclosure for several months while you plan your future.
Chapter 13 Bankruptcy
If you choose Chapter 13 bankruptcy, you may be able to not give up your house. You’ll have to stick to a payment plan – overseen by a court-appointed trustee – that allows you to pay off your debt in three or five years.
There are many reasons that bankruptcy may not be a good choice. First, your entire financial life will be analyzed to see if you’re eligible. You’ll also have to pay many court fees for bankruptcy lawyers. If you’re not able to keep up with mortgage payments, bankruptcy still may be too expensive.
Sell Your Home in Pre-Foreclosure
An alternative to the above options is to find a buyer and settle your outstanding debts with the money. There are two different ways to do this:
- Short sale — If a prospective buyer makes an offer on your Peculiar, MO home, the lender must consider it. In a short sale, the offer is not enough money to pay off all your debts. A short sale can only happen if the lender agrees. In some cases, the bank may believe the short sale offer is more than they’ll get at auction. A short sale can negatively impact your credit score, but not as much as a foreclosure.
- Traditional sale — If your home is worth more than the amount of debt you owe, you can accept that offer, pay off your debt with the money from the sale, and pocket the rest.
You can try to sell your house on the traditional market, but foreclosure only lasts for 45 to 60 days. Based on research by the St. Louis Federal Reserve, selling a house on the traditional market takes more than three months, and that doesn’t account for the repairs and upgrades most traditional buyers will want you to make. If you’re in pre-foreclosure, selling your home to an as-is, cash home buyer may be your best option. We can agree to an offer and close on your house within 30 days of you contacting us.
Selling Your Home in Pre-Foreclosure to Our Peculiar, MO Cash Home Buyers
Evervest Home Buyers buys homes with all cash offers, and strive to give Peculiar, MO homeowners a hassle-free home sale. We’ve bought everything from properties of people who owe back taxes to condemned properties.
We buy properties “as-is,” which means that the condition of the property isn’t important to us as it would to a typical homeowner. You also don’t have to do open houses and wait to find a buyer. We can help you in selling your home in pre-foreclosure by:
- Giving our best possible offer quickly — If you upload photos of your property, we can give you a same-day estimate. In the following days, a member of our team will do their own inspection. You don’t even have to sweep, mop, or vacuum before we show up. We always strive to offer as much as we can for a property in Peculiar, MO while still being able to profit off it ourselves.
- Making the home selling experience stress-free — We understand that your Peculiar, MO home being in pre-foreclosure is stressful, and you may be emotional about leaving your home. We’ll make everything as simple as we can so you don’t experience any added stress. We differ from other as-is home buying companies we always keep our word.. We’ll show you proof of funds so you don’t have to worry.
- Getting you money fast — While the bank would likely prefer it if you sold your home instead of them having to foreclose on it, they’re not going to wait around to collect their debt. When you sell to us, you can sell your house fast. There’s no waiting for inspections, appraisals, or open house. As licensed real estate brokers, we can perform the closing ourselves, as soon as you need us to after we agree on a price.
- Saving your credit score — Having a home in pre-foreclosure won’t effect your credit score. However, if the foreclosure is completed, it can have massive consequences for your credit score, that won’t go away for 7 years. While selling to us won’t allow you to keep your home, we can help you avoid the financial pitfalls of it getting foreclosed on.
Other properties we buy in Peculiar, MO include:
- Selling a House in Poor Condition
- How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Cash Home Buying Company
- House Buyers
- Cash Home Buyer
Selling Your Peculiar, MO Home in Pre-Foreclosure | Evervest Home Buyers
Everyone hates foreclosure – even mortgage companies. Selling your home in pre-foreclosure is often the best option for both you and your mortgage lender. Our buyers are personable and discreet, and can help you get out from under your debt and save your credit score. We’ll make a fair cash offer on the property, close on the deal fast, and assist with the legal and financial aspects of the sale. If your Peculiar, MO home is in pre-foreclosure, call Evervest Home Buyers today at (816) 368-8508 or tell us about your property online.