Selling a Home in Pre-Foreclosure in Polk County, MO
Selling a home in pre-foreclosure in Polk County, MO. If you are facing foreclosure and are worried about losing your home and having an enormous hit on your credit score, know that there are options available to you. Evervest Home Buyers is a cash house-buying company that purchases Polk County, MO homes in foreclosure. Our team is friendly and nonjudgmental. We can offer you an estimate just by looking at pictures, have a full offer for you in as little as 48 hours, and close in as little as 30 days – before the mortgage holder auctions off your home. Speak to a representative at (417) 815-3889 or contact us online to get out from under your debt. Depending on how much you owe, you may even be able to have some cash left over.
How Foreclosure Happens in Polk County, MO
Pre-foreclosure is the time between when you first miss a mortgage payment and when your Polk County, MO lender auctions off your home off to the highest bidder. It is a five-stage process:
- Payment default — You’re technically in default after your first missed payment, or once you pass your lender’s grace period. After each of the first two missed payments, your bank will likely reach out via letter or telephone. At this juncture, the lender will likely be willing to reach an agreement with you to pay off the delinquent debt. Federal law requires lenders to offer you an opportunity to catch up before taking action.
- Notice of default — After 90 days of missed payments, you’ll receive a notice of default, notifying you of the amount past due and informing you that you have 30 days to pay it off. Federal law requires lenders to wait 120 days from the first missed payment to start foreclosure proceedings.
- The lender officially begins foreclosure — If, after 120 days you haven’t made your mortgage current, the lender will take action with either a judicial foreclosure or a nonjudicial foreclosure. In a judicial foreclosure, the lender sue you in civil court. In a nonjudicial foreclosure, you won’t have any official court proceedings, but they must follow the rules in by Missouri law.
- Sale of the home — In either case, the property will will be sold in a public option. The lender will set a minimum bid which accounts for their appraisal of the home, the amount owed, and any fees or unpaid taxes.
- Eviction — Once the home is sold, you’ll have between three and 30 days to leave. If you remain in the house, the new owner can file an eviction lawsuit in court.
While the foreclosure process may seem cruel, you do have options before the bank takes your home from you.
How to Stop Foreclosure in Polk County, MO
Below are the main ways you can deal with pre-foreclosure or foreclosure in Polk County, MO:
Reinstate the Loan
Reinstating a loan usually involves settling the late payments, late fees, and any other charges associated with the delinquency. Once the mortgage is current you will be expected to continue with the monthly payments as previously agreed.
It’s important to note. If you cannot maintain the payments. You could consider taking out a loan with a different company, but it will likely have an incredibly high interest rate, and you’ll have to keep up with the payments in addition to your mortgage.
Deed in Lieu of Foreclosure
In a “deed in lieu,” you can agree with the lender to voluntarily transfer ownership of the property to them, in return they will release your obligation to pay the mortgage. This reduces some of the negative consequences of a foreclosure, such as a damaged credit score, and it allows the lender to avoid the time and expense of the foreclosure process. The lender can then sell the home, or keep it and have tenants in it, but you would still likely have to move out.
Filing for bankruptcy is a way to get relief from significant debt. If you go the bankruptcy route, you’ll still have to pay off the mortgage, but with a more realistic payment structure. There are two types of bankruptcy you can file:
Chapter 7 Bankruptcy
If you choose Chapter 7 bankruptcy, you will not have to pay off the rest of your mortgage if the lender completes foreclosure, and you can still remain in the home before foreclosure for free. The goal of this is to simply delay foreclosure for several months while you plan your future.
Chapter 13 Bankruptcy
Chapter 13 bankruptcy may allow you to not give up your home. It involves coming up with a plan to pay off all or some of your debts over a three to five year period. You’ll have to follow the payment plan under the supervision of a court-appointed trustee.
Bankruptcy has several downsides, however. First, you’ll need to show that you are eligible for it, and all your debts, expenses, and income will be analyzed. You’ll also have to pay considerable court fees for bankruptcy lawyers. If you’re already struggling with money, bankruptcy still may be too expensive.
Sell Your Home in Pre-Foreclosure
An alternative to the above options is to sell your home and pay off your debt with the money you get from the sale. There are a couple different types of sales for a pre-foreclosure home:
- Short sale — Lenders are required to consider any offer made on your Polk County, MO house. In a short sale, the offer on your Polk County, MO home in pre-foreclosure is less than the amount you owe. A short sale can only happen if the lender agrees. In some cases, the bank may think the short sale offer is more than they’ll get at auction. A short sale does lower your credit score, but not to the extent that a foreclosure does.
- Standard sale — If your home is worth more than your remaining mortgage, you can accept that offer, pay off your debt with the money from the sale, and pocket the rest.
You can try to sell your property on the traditional market, but foreclosure only lasts for 45 to 60 days. Based on research by the St. Louis Federal Reserve, it takes an average of 50 days to find a buyer and 50 days to close, and that doesn’t account for the repairs and upgrades most traditional buyers will want you to make. If you’re in pre-foreclosure, selling to an as-is, cash home buyer may be your best option. We can agree to an offer and close on your house within a month of you contacting us.
Selling Your Home in Pre-Foreclosure to Our Polk County, MO Cash Home Buyers
Evervest Home Buyers pays all cash for houses, and always want to give Polk County, MO homeowners a stress-free home sale. We buy all types of properties, from people who owe back taxes to homes with asbestos.
We purchase homes “as-is,” which means that the condition of the property doesn’t matter to us as it would to a typical homeowner. You also don’t have to do open houses and wait to find a buyer. We can help you in selling your home in pre-foreclosure by:
- Getting you a fair offer quickly — If you send us pictures of your house, we can give you an estimate within an hour. Then, we’ll schedule an inspection, where a member of our team will perform their own inspection. You don’t even have to pick up the socks off the floor before we come over. We always intend to offer the most we can for a home in Polk County, MO while still seeing it as an investment for ourselves.
- Giving you a stress-free home sale — We understand that your Polk County, MO home being in pre-foreclosure is not the best time in your life, and you may not want to move out of your home. We’ll won’t make things any more stressful than they already are. We differ from other cash home buying companies we have never written a contract that didn’t close because we didn’t fulfill its terms. We’ll show you proof of funds so you can feel at ease.
- Getting you money fast — While banks prefer not having to go through the foreclosure process, they’re not going to wait around to collect their debt. We can help you sell your house fast. You don’t have to deal with or wait around for third parties. As licensed real estate brokers, we can perform the closing ourselves, as soon as you need us to after you agree to our offer.
- Saving your credit score — Having a home in pre-foreclosure does not effect your credit score. However, if your house is foreclosed on, it can have massive consequences for your credit score, that will stay there for 7 years. While selling to us won’t allow you to keep your home, we can save you from the financial perils of foreclosure.
Other properties we buy in Polk County, MO include:
- Selling a House in Poor Condition
- How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Cash Home Buying Company
- House Buyers
- Cash Home Buyer
Selling Your Polk County, MO Home in Pre-Foreclosure | Evervest Home Buyers
Everyone hates foreclosure – even banks. Selling your home in pre-foreclosure can be an agreeable solution for everybody involved. Our buyers are personable and discreet, and can help you pay off your debt and save your credit score. We’ll make a fair cash offer on the property, close on the deal fast, and help you with the legal and financial aspects of the sale. If your Polk County, MO home is in pre-foreclosure, call Evervest Home Buyers today at (417) 815-3889 or tell us about your property online.