Selling a Home in Pre-Foreclosure in Archie, MO
Selling a home in pre-foreclosure in Archie, MO. Financial hardships can fall on the best of us, but foreclosure is not the end of the road for homeowners. While losing your home and facing an enormous hit on your credit score is not a situation anyone wants to be in, you do have options if you find yourself there. Evervest Home Buyers is an as-is property-buying company that buys Archie, MO homes in foreclosure. Our buyers are friendly and discreet. We can offer you an estimate in as little as an hour, have our official offer once we do our own inspection, and close in as little as month – before the bank officially foreclosures on your home. Speak to a representative at (816) 368-8508 or contact us online to get free of your debt. Depending on how much you owe, we may even be able to put enough cash in your account to fund your next move.
How Foreclosure Happens in Archie, MO
Pre-foreclosure begins when you first miss a payment, and ends when your lender takes official action. It is a five-step process:
- Payment default — Payment default begins when you’ve missed paying one month of your mortgage. After each of the first two missed payments, your bank will likely reach out with a letter or phone call. At this point, the lender will likely be willing to reach an agreement with you to bring your balance up to date. Federal law requires lenders to discuss loss mitigation options with you.
- Notice of default — After the third month of missed payments, the lender will send you a demand letter, telling you how much you owe and informing you that you have 30 days to pay it off. Federal law dictates that lenders must wait 120 days from the first missed payment to start the process of taking your home.
- The lender officially begins foreclosure — If, after that period has ended you haven’t made an agreement with your lender, the lender will take action with either a judicial foreclosure or a nonjudicial foreclosure. In a judicial foreclosure, the lender sue you in civil court. In a nonjudicial foreclosure, you won’t have any official court proceedings, but they must abide by the rules set by Missouri law.
- Sale of the home — Whichever type of foreclosure they pursue, the house will then be auctioned off to the public. The lender will set a minimum bid taking into account their appraisal of the home, the debt that remains unpaid, and any fees or unpaid taxes.
- Eviction — Once the home is sold, you’ll have between three and 30 days to move out. If you remain in the house, the new owner can file an eviction lawsuit in court.
While the foreclosure process is not kind, you do have options before the bank takes your home from you.
How to Stop Foreclosure in Archie, MO
The following are the main ways you can handle pre-foreclosure or foreclosure in Archie, MO:
Reinstate the Loan
Reinstating a loan generally involves paying off the past due payments and any other penalties or fees. Once you have paid off all the past due amounts, the loan is considered to be current again and you will be expected to continue making regular payments as outlined in the loan agreement.
reinstating a loan is not a permanent solution. If you fall behind again the home may go into foreclosure again. You could consider taking out a loan with a different company, but it will probably have an incredibly high interest rate, and then you’ll have two monthly loans to keep up with.
Deed in Lieu of Foreclosure
In a “deed in lieu,” you can agree with the lender to voluntarily transfer ownership of the property to them in exchange for discharging your unpaid debt. Your credit score would not take a hit, and it allows the lender to avoid the time and expense of the foreclosure process. The lender can then sell the home, or keep it and have tenants in it, but you would still be evicted.
Bankruptcy is a legal process that allows individuals or businesses who are unable to pay their debts to either have those debts restructured or discharged. If you file for bankruptcy, you’ll still have to pay off your debt, but you’ll have more time to and will have a different payment plan. There are two types of bankruptcy you can file:
Chapter 7 Bankruptcy
If you file for Chapter 7 bankruptcy, you will not have to pay off your remaining debt if your home completes foreclosure, and you can still remain in the home before foreclosure without having to pay anything monthly. This is usually a way to simply stall foreclosure for several months while you plan your future.
Chapter 13 Bankruptcy
Chapter 13 bankruptcy may permit you to hold onto your house. You will have to agree to a plan to pay off all or some of your debts over a three to five year period. You’ll have to stick to the payment plan under the supervision of a court-appointed trustee.
There are many reasons that bankruptcy may not be a good option. First, you’ll need to show that you are eligible for it, and all your debts, expenses, and income will be analyzed. You’ll also incur significant court fees for bankruptcy lawyers. If you’re having difficulty keeping up with mortgage payments, you may not be able to afford filing for bankruptcy.
Sell Your Home in Pre-Foreclosure
The last option is to sell your home and pay off your debt with the money you get from the sale. There are a couple different ways to do this:
- Short sale — Lenders are obligated to consider any offer made on your Archie, MO property. In a short sale, the offer on your Archie, MO home in pre-foreclosure is less than the amount you owe. A short sale can only happen if the lender agrees. In some cases, the bank may think the short sale offer would be higher than what they’d get at auction. A short sale does lower your credit score, but not as much as a foreclosure.
- Standard sale — If a potential buyer offers more than the amount of debt you owe, you can accept that offer, pay off your debt with the money from the sale, and pocket the rest.
You can choose to hire a real estate agent to sell your home in pre-foreclosure, but foreclosure only lasts for 45 to 60 days. Based on data from the St. Louis Federal Reserve, selling a house on the traditional market takes more than three months, and that doesn’t account for the repairs and upgrades most traditional buyers will want you to make. If you’re in pre-foreclosure, selling to an as-is, cash home buyer may be your best option. Once you accept our offer, we can close as quickly as you need us to.
How Our Archie, MO Cash Home Buyers Can Help With Your Home in Pre-Foreclosure
Evervest Home Buyers pays all cash for homes, and strive to give Archie, MO residents a hassle-free home selling experience. We buy all types of properties, from houses in probate to houses with mold issues.
We buy properties “as-is,” which means that the condition of the property doesn’t matter to us as it would to a typical homeowner. You also don’t have to do open houses and wait to find a buyer. We can help you in selling your home in pre-foreclosure by:
- Getting our best possible offer quickly — If you upload photos of your house, we can give you a same-day estimate. Then, we’ll schedule an inspection, where one of our buyers will carry out their own inspection. You don’t even have to sweep, mop, or vacuum before we come over. We always try to offer the most we can for a property in Archie, MO while still being able to profit off it ourselves.
- Making the home selling experience stress-free — We understand that your Archie, MO home being in pre-foreclosure is difficult, and you may not want to leave your home. We’ll won’t make things any more stressful than they already are. Unlike other cash home buying companies, we have no contingences in our contract. We’ll show you proof of funds so you can feel at ease.
- Getting you money fast — While banks prefer not having to go through the foreclosure process, they’ll still move to take over and sell the house as quickly as possible. We can help you sell your house fast. You don’t have to deal with or wait around for third parties. As licensed real estate brokers, we can perform the closing ourselves, as soon as you need us to after you agree to our offer.
- Saving your credit score — Having a home in pre-foreclosure won’t lower your credit score. However, if the foreclosure is completed, it can have massive consequences for your credit score, that will stay there for 7 years. While you won’t get to keep your home if you sell to us, we can help you avoid the financial pitfalls of foreclosure.
Other properties we buy in Archie, MO include:
- Selling a House in Poor Condition
- How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Cash Home Buying Company
- House Buyers
- Cash Home Buyer
Selling Your Archie, MO Home in Pre-Foreclosure | Evervest Home Buyers
No one likes foreclosure – not even mortgage companies. Selling your home in pre-foreclosure can be an agreeable solution for everybody involved. Our buyers are amiable and nonjudgmental, and can help you pay off your debt and save your credit score. We’ll make a fair cash offer on the property, close on your home fast, and assist with the legal and financial aspects of the sale. If your Archie, MO home is in pre-foreclosure, call Evervest Home Buyers today at (816) 368-8508 or tell us about your property online.