Selling a House in Poor Condition in Archie, MO
Selling a house in poor condition in Archie, MO. We get it, it seems impossible to get some houses off your hands. Whether you aren’t predisposed to make the minor updates necessary for a conventional buyer, or are wondering if you’re ever going to be able sell a house with serious fire damage, Evervest Home Buyers can offer you a solution. We pay full value, in cash, for as-is homes in the Archie area, and can put cash in your pocket in as little as a few weeks. No matter what shape your house is in, we will make you an offer. If you’re selling a home in poor condition in Archie, MO and want a stress-free solution, call Evervest today at (816) 368-8508 or contact us through our website.
What is Meant By a Home in “Poor Condition” in Archie, MO?
“Poor condition,” is an umbrella term. To some, it may mean a house that is unlivable, to others it may simply mean the carpet needs some serious cleaning. Generally, houses in poor condition can fall into three group: houses that are uninhabitable, houses that need extensive repairs, and houses that just need some fine tuning:
- 1. Houses that are uninhabitable — Sometimes, a house is in such poor shape that it does not provide the basic shelter a home must. Examples of uninhabitable houses include:
- 2. Houses that need major work done — Other houses can be lived in, but still have major issues. Houses in need of major repairs are houses with:
- Plumbing issues
- Minor electrical issues
- Expiring HVAC systems
- Damaged kitchen
- Damaged light fixtures
- Damage to surfaces and siding
- Damaged chimney
- Small cracks in the foundation
- 3. Houses that need updating or are otherwise undesirable — Some houses aren’t necessarily in bad shape, but might not be appealing to conventional home buyer because of other issues:
If you need to sell a house in poor condition in Archie, MO, it may be more difficult than selling a house that’s already in pristine condition, but that doesn’t mean it’s impossible.
Selling a House in Archie, MO in Poor Condition? Read on For Help
Most home buyers want a house to live comfortably in right away, not one they’ll have to put work into, or hire someone to repair after they’ve already spent money on the house. While selling a home that is already in turnkey condition is easier on the conventional market, there are still ways you can sell your Archie, MO house in poor condition:
- Make major repairs — This is how you can secure the most money for your house from a traditional buyer. However, the cost of getting there is high. An entire home renovation will run between $17,942-$78,270. According to research from the national cost vs. value averages, most repairs only get a 50-70% cost recuperation. For instance, the average bathroom remodel costs $27,164, but only adds $15,990 in value to your home. While making major upgrades will almost certainly get you the most money for your house at final sale, you’re unlikely to profit off of the repairs you made. The repairs will also add months or even a year to the time before you can list your property on the Archie, MO market.
- Make aesthetic upgrades — An alternative is to simply make your Archie house look nicer. Curb appeal by itself can raise a property’s value by almost 10% or more. The cost of cosmetic upgrades is not nearly as much:
- $153-$929 for a light fixture
- $161-$363 to replace faucets
- $1,2000-$3,900 to repaint all the interior walls
- $350-$3,500 to refinish cabinets
While you also won’t get all that money back, you won’t be spending nearly as much money. The aesthetic upgrades will improve offers from prospective buyers, though not as much as making major repairs.
- Sell your home “as-is” to a traditional buyers — There are some traditional buyers who will buy a home as-is with the hope of spending less upfront and gradually repair the house over time. Those will be harder to find, and they’ll still want an empty house that’s well-staged when they see it. That alone can lead to you spending more money.
- Sell “as-is” to an as-is home buyer — The final option is to sell your home to a cash home buyer in Archie, MO. At Evervest, we give all cash offers for homes in any condition. Then, we make all the necessary repairs and upgrades ourselves and sell the property at a slightly higher value. Our process is easy and gets cash in your account in as little as a month:
- We perform our own inspection
- We give you the best possible offer while still seeing the property as an investment for ourselves
- When you accept our offer, we can write up a contract and close in just a week
The way we do things is not only fair and fast, but it’s entirely hassle-free. You won’t have to deal with real estate agents, inspectors, appraisers, and getting ready for prospective buyers to come and see your home. The only person you’ll deal with is the person who’s making the purchase. We are discrete and nonjudgmental; you don’t even have to mop the floors when we come over to look at your home.
Our team consists of a licensed Archie, MO real estate broker, and a contractor with more than 30 years of experience. We are always straightforward to Archie, MO residents about the value of their home, and how we valued it. We’re not going to get rich off selling your property; we buy and renovate houses to make a moderate amount of money and give Archie families a place to settle down.
If want to learn more about selling your house in poor condition to a cash home buyer, reach out to us at (816) 368-8508, or read on below.
Selling a House in Poor Condition in Archie, MO: FAQs
Almost one-third of U.S. home purchases are paid for with cash, according data from a Redfin report. While more people may be seeing the wisdom in selling a house in poor condition for cash, most people in Archie, MO who reach out to us still have questions about the process. The following are some of the most frequently asked questions about selling a house as-is:
Is the cash home buying process a scam?
The short answer is: sometimes. The world has no shortage of liars. But selling to Evervest is not a scam; we pride ourselves on our integrity and commitment to our communities. If you still have concerns, you can look at our client testimonials and our A+ score with the Better Business Bureau®. You’ll see proof of funds before any documents are signed, and in 20+ years we have never backed out of a contract because we didn’t abide by its terms.
We’re from the Archie, MO area, and are proud to raise our own children where we grew up. We do not want to be dishonest with any of our neighbors.
How do I know how much my home is really worth as-is?
Our offer will be what we genuinely think is fair. The value of your home is based on a variety of aspects, including what Archie, MO neighborhood it’s in, its size, and how expensive making all the repairs might be. More repairs equals lower value. Still, there are ways to do your own research. There are numerous sites, like Zillow, that give approximations of your homes value. You can also consult with a licensed assessor who can give you their estimate.
Can I sell my house if there’s a lien on it?
Do I get paid in actual cash?
No. While it might sound fun to have bags full of cash, we’ll pay you through an electronic transfer into your account. “Cash buyer” means we’re using our own money to cover the full purchase of the house, and aren’t taking out a loan.
Other types of properties we buy in Archie, MO include:
- Selling a Home in Pre-Foreclosure
- How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Cash Home Buying Company
- House Buyers
- Cash Home Buyer
Selling a House in Poor Condition in Kansas City, MO | Evervest Home Buyers
Selling a house in poor condition can be a bad experience, but it doesn’t have to be. Evervest Home Buyers has over 30 years of experience offering Kansas City, MO homeowners a fast and stress-free home selling experience. Don’t let a damaged property weigh you down; turn it into a jumping board to the next phase of your life today. To sell your Kansas City, MO home in poor condition, call us at (816) 368-8508 or get your offer through our website.