Selling a House in Poor Condition in Seymour, MO
Selling a house in poor condition in Seymour, MO. We understand, it seems impossible to get some houses off your hands. Whether you don’t want to deal with repainting, cleaning, and staging for the conventional market, or are wondering if you’re ever going to be able unload a property with considerable fire damage, Evervest Home Buyers is here to take your unwanted property off your hands. We Give fair, all-cash offers for as-is houses in the Seymour area, and can put cash in your pocket in as little as a few weeks. Whatever type of repairs your home needs, we are interested in buying it. If you’re selling a home in poor condition in Seymour, MO and want a a fast and easy solution, call Evervest today at (417) 815-3889 or tell us about your property online.
When Is a House in Seymour, MO Considered to Be in Poor Condition?
“Poor condition,” is an inexact term. To some house buyers, it may mean a home that needs major repairs, to others it may mean the windows need to be caulked. Generally, houses in poor condition can fall into three categories: houses that no one can live in, houses that need significant work done, and houses that need aesthetic updates:
- 1. Houses that you can’t live in — Sometimes, the damage to a home is so bad that no one can live in it without the risk of getting sick or hurt. Examples of uninhabitable houses include:
- Serious Fire or water damage
- Lead and/or asbestos that can’t be removed
- Black mold
- Significant foundation issues
- Termite damage
- Extensive electrical issues
- Significant roof damage
- 2. Houses that need major repairs — Other houses habitable, but still have major issues. Houses in need of serious work are houses with:
- Plumbing issues
- Minor electrical issues
- Failing HVAC systems
- Damaged kitchen
- Damaged light fixtures
- Damage to walls, garage, floors, or ceiling
- Damaged chimney
- Small issues with the foundation
- 3. Houses in need of cosmetic repairs or are other minor patchwork — Some houses don’t need major repairs done, but may turn traditional buyers off because of other issues:
- The house is in bad part of town
- It’s a rental and you have bad tenants
- It’s an outdated house
- It’s been vacant for a long period
- Crimes were committed at the property
- Stained surfaces
- Untended grass
- Peeling paint
- Minor wood rot
If you’re selling a house in poor condition in Seymour, MO, it may be more difficult than finding a buyer for a house that’s already in pristine shape, but you do have some options.
Selling a House in Seymour, MO in Poor Condition? Here’s What You Can Do
Most home buyers want a house to live comfortably in right away, not one they’ll have to fix up, or pay someone thousands of dollars to fix after they’ve already spent money on the house. While selling a home that is already in turnkey condition is easier to a traditional buyer, you still have a few options for selling your Seymour, MO house in poor condition:
- Make major upgrades — This will get the most money for your home on the conventional market. However, you may not get back the cost of the repairs in the sale. A total home remodeling will run up to almost $80,000. According to national cost vs. value report, most repairs only get a 50-70% return on investment. For instance, the average vinyl siding replacement costs $18,662, but only adds $12,541 in value to your home. While making significant upgrades will almost certainly get you the most money for your house at final sale, you’re unlikely to recoup all the money you put into the repairs. The upgrades will also take time, and it could be months or even a year before you can list your property on the Seymour, MO market.
- Make aesthetic upgrades — Another option is to simply boost your Seymour home’s curb appeal. Curb appeal alone can raise a home’s sale price by 7% or more. The cost of minor upgrades is much easier to fit in a budget:
- $153-$929 for a light fixture
- $161-$363 to replace faucets
- $1,2000-$3,900 to repaint a home’s interior
- $350-$3,500 to refinish cabinets
While you also won’t get all that money back, you won’t be spending nearly as much money. The aesthetic upgrades will improve offers from prospective buyers, though not as much as making major repairs.
- Sell your home “as-is” to a conventional buyers — There are some conventional buyers who will buy a home as-is with the hope of spending less upfront and gradually make upgrades over the years. Those will be harder to find, and they’ll still want an empty house that’s well-staged when they see it. That will further increase the time and money spent before you can unload the home.
- Sell in its current condition to cash home buying company — Lastly, you can sell your home to an as-is home buying company in Seymour, MO. At Evervest, we give all cash offers for homes in any condition. Then, we make all the necessary repairs and upgrades ourselves and sell the property at a slightly higher value. Our process is stress-free and gets money in your hand in as little as 30 days:
- We perform our own inspection
- We give you the highest offer we can while still seeing the property as an investment for ourselves
- When you accept our offer, we can write up a contract and complete the sale in as little as a week
The way we do things puts no pressure on you and gets you fair value for your home. You won’t have to deal with real estate agents, inspectors, appraisers, and getting ready for prospective buyers to come and see your home. The only person you’ll deal with is the person that’s buying your home. We are discrete and nonjudgmental; you don’t even have to pick the socks up off the floor when we come over to look at your home.
Our team consists of a licensed Seymour, MO real estate broker, and a construction crew with over 30 years of experience. We are always direct to Seymour, MO residents about how much their property is worth, and how we came to that number. We’re don’t get rich off the sale of one property; we buy and rehabilitate houses to earn a moderate profit and give Seymour families a place to settle down.
If you’re interested in selling your house in poor condition to an as-is home buyer, call us at (417) 815-3889, or read on to find out more about the cash home buying process.
Selling a House in Poor Condition in Seymour, MO: FAQs
31.4% of American homes sell to cash buyers, according to a Redfin report. While selling a house in poor condition to an as-is buyer is becoming a more popular option, most people in Seymour, MO who inquire to us still want to know more about the process. Below are some of the questions we get the most about selling a house as-is:
Is the cash home buying process a scam?
Unfortunately sometimes. The world has no shortage of liars. But there are no scams involved when you sell to Evervest; we are intent and intentional about our integrity and dedication to our communities. If you still have concerns, you can read our client testimonials and our A+ score with the Better Business Bureau®. We’ll always show you proof of funds before you sign, and in more than two decades we have never backed out of a contract because we didn’t follow its terms.
We’re from the Seymour, MO area, and are proud to raise our own families where we grew up. We do not want to cheat any of our neighbors.
How do I know the true value of my home as-is?
Our offer will be what we genuinely think is fair. How much your home is worth is based on numerous different factors, including what Seymour, MO neighborhood it’s in, how big it is, and how much repairing it will cost us. More repairs equals lower value. Still, there are ways to do your own research. There are many sites, like Zillow, that offer home value estimates. You can also hire a licensed assessor who can give you their estimate.
Can I sell my house if I’m in debt?
Yes. We’ve purchased homes from homeowners who owe back taxes and have houses in foreclosure. Getting cash for your home is a great way to get the money to pay off your debts quickly.
Do I get paid in actual cash?
No. While the idea of a suitcase full of cash is nice to think about, we’ll pay you through an electronic transfer into your account. “Cash buyer” means we’re using our own money to pay for the full value of the property, and aren’t taking out a loan.
Other types of properties we buy in Seymour, MO include:
- Selling a Home in Pre-Foreclosure
- How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Cash Home Buying Company
- House Buyers
- Cash Home Buyer
Selling a House in Poor Condition in Springfield, MO | Evervest Home Buyers
Selling a house in poor condition can be a stressful experience, but it doesn’t have to be. Evervest Home Buyers has over three decades of experience offering Springfield, MO homeowners get fair value for their properties. Don’t let an old house weigh you down; turn it into a jumping board to the next phase of your life today. To sell your Springfield, MO home in poor condition, call us at (417) 815-3889 or tell us about your property online.