Selling a House in Poor Condition in Lawson, MO
Selling a house in poor condition in Lawson, MO. We understand, some houses seem impossible to sell. Whether you don’t want to deal with repainting, cleaning, and staging for a traditional buyer, or are asking yourself how on earth you’re going sell a home with serious black mold presence, Evervest Home Buyers can offer you a solution. We Give fair, all-cash offers for as-is houses in the Lawson area, and can complete the transfer in as little as 30 days. Whatever type of repairs your home needs, we are interested in buying it. If you need to sell a home in poor condition in Lawson, MO and want a a fast and easy solution, call Evervest today at (816) 368-8508 or contact us online.
When Is a House in Lawson, MO Considered to Be in Poor Condition?
“Poor condition,” is a subjective term. To some house buyers, it may mean a home that needs major repairs, to others it may mean the walls need repainting. Generally, houses in poor condition can fall into three group: houses that are uninhabitable, houses that need major work done, and houses that need aesthetic updates:
- 1. Houses that are uninhabitable — Sometimes, a house is in such bad shape that no one can live in it without the risk of getting sick or hurt. Examples of unlivable houses include:
- 2. Houses that need major work done — Other houses habitable, but uncomfortably. Houses in need of serious work are houses with:
- Plumbing issues
- Minor electrical issues
- Dying HVAC systems
- Damaged kitchen
- Damaged light fixtures
- Damage to surfaces and siding
- Damaged chimney
- Small issues with the foundation
- 3. Houses in need of cosmetic updates or are otherwise undesirable — Some houses aren’t necessarily in bad shape, but might turn traditional buyers off because of other issues:
If you’re selling a house in poor condition in Lawson, MO, it may be more difficult than selling a turnkey house, but you do have some options.
Selling a House in Lawson, MO in Poor Condition? Here’s What You Can Do
Most home buyers want a house they can envision themselves being comfortable in, not one they’ll have to put work into, or pay someone thousands of dollars to bring it up to par after the cost they put into the purchase. While selling a home that is already in turnkey condition is easier to a traditional buyer, you still have a few options for selling your Lawson, MO house in poor condition:
- Do a complete remodel — This is the way to get the most value for your property on the conventional market. However, the repairs may not add enough value for you to get your money back. An entire home remodeling will run up to almost $80,000. According to research from the national resale report, most repairs don’t even get a 70% cost recuperation. For example, the average minor kitchen remodel costs $28,279, but only adds $20,1225 in value to your home. While making significant repairs will likely fetch the highest bid for your house, you probably won’t profit off of the repairs you made. The upgrades will also take time, and it could be months or even a year before you can list your property on the Lawson, MO market.
- Make minor upgrades — An alternative is to simply make your Lawson house more attractive. Curb appeal by itself can boost a property’s value by 7% or more. The cost of cosmetic upgrades is much cheaper than major repairs:
- $153-$929 for a light fixture
- $161-$363 to replace faucets
- $1,2000-$3,900 to repaint all the interior walls
- $350-$3,500 to refinish cabinets
While the return on investment isn’t very high either, you’ll be sacrificing significantly less money than if you do a full renovation. The aesthetic upgrades will improve offers from prospective buyers, though not as much as the first option.
- Sell your home “as-is” to a traditional buyers — There are some conventional buyers who will buy a property as-is with the hope of spending less upfront and slowly repair the house over the years. Those will be harder to find, and they’ll still expect an empty house that’s well-staged when they see it. That will further increase the time and money spent before the house is sold.
- Sell in poor condition to cash home buying company — The final option is to sell your property to a company that pays cash for Lawson-area homes. At Evervest, we give fair offers for homes in any condition. Then, we make all the necessary repairs and upgrades ourselves and sell the property at a slightly higher value. Our process is stress-free and gets cash in your account in as little as 30 days:
- We perform our own inspection
- We give you the best possible offer while still seeing the property as an investment for ourselves
- When you agree to sell to us, we can have a contract ready and complete the sale in just 7 days
Our process is not only fair and fast, but it’s entirely stress-free. You won’t have to deal with real estate agents, inspectors, appraisers, and getting ready for prospective buyers to come and see your home. The only person you’ll have to see is the person who’s making the purchase. We are discrete and nonjudgmental; you don’t even have to mop the floors when we come over to look at your home.
Our team consists of a licensed Lawson, MO real estate broker, and a construction expert with over 30 years of experience. We are always honest to Lawson, MO homeowners about the value of their home, and how we came to that number. We’re not going to get rich off selling your property; we buy and rehabilitate houses to earn a moderate profit and enhance our Lawson neighborhoods.
If you’re interested in selling your house in poor condition for cash, reach out to us at (816) 368-8508, or read on below.
Selling a House in Poor Condition in Lawson, MO: Frequently Asked Questions
Nearly one-third of U.S. homes sell to cash buyers, according data from a Redfin report. While more people may be seeing the wisdom in selling a house in poor condition for cash, most people in Lawson, MO who call us still have questions about the process. Below are some of the most frequently asked questions about selling a house as-is:
Is the cash home buying process a scam?
The short answer is: it can be. There are bad people in this world who try to trick others for money. But selling to Evervest is not a scam; we are intent and intentional about our integrity and devotion to our communities. If you still have concerns, you can read our client testimonials and our perfect rating with the Better Business Bureau®. We’ll always show you proof of funds before the purchase is complete, and in 20+ years we have never written a contract that we didn’t close on due to us backing out of the deal spelled out in the contract.
We’re from the Lawson, MO area, and are proud to raise our own children in the same place. We do not want to cheat any of our neighbors.
How do I know how much my home is really worth as-is?
We always strive to give offers that we truly believe are fair. How much your home is worth will depend on numerous different factors, including what Lawson, MO neighborhood it’s in, its size, and how much repairing it will cost us. More repairs equals lower value. Still, there are ways to do your own research. There are numerous sites, like Zillow, that give home value estimates. You can also consult with a professional assessor who can give you their estimate.
Can I sell my house if there’s a lien on it?
Are you going to pay me in actual cash?
No. While it might sound fun to have bags full of cash, we’ll pay you through an electronic transfer into your account. “Cash buyer” means we’re using our own funds to cover the full purchase of the property, and aren’t taking out a loan.
Other types of properties we buy in Lawson, MO include:
- Selling a Home in Pre-Foreclosure
- How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Cash Home Buying Company
- House Buyers
- Cash Home Buyer
Selling a House in Poor Condition in Kansas City, MO | Evervest Home Buyers
Selling a house in poor condition can be a stressful experience, but we can offer a solution. Evervest Home Buyers has over three decades of experience offering Kansas City, MO homeowners get fair value for their properties. Don’t let an old house hold you down; turn it into a jumping board to the next phase of your life today. To sell your Kansas City, MO home in poor condition, call us at (816) 368-8508 or tell us about your property through our website.