Selling a House in Poor Condition in Claycomo, MO
Selling a house in poor condition in Claycomo, MO. We know, some houses seem impossible to sell. Whether you aren’t predisposed to make the minor updates necessary for a traditional buyer, or are wondering how on earth you’re going unload a house with significant asbestos presence, Evervest Home Buyers is here to take your poor condition property off your hands. We Give fair, all-cash offers for as-is homes in the Claycomo area, and can put cash in your pocket in as little as a month. No matter what shape your property is in, we will make you an offer. If you’re selling a home in poor condition in Claycomo, MO and want a stress-free solution, call Evervest today at (816) 368-8508 or tell us about your property online.
When Is a House in Claycomo, MO Considered to Be in Poor Condition?
“Poor condition,” is a subjective phrase. To some homeowners, it may mean a home that needs major repairs, to others it may simply mean the cabinets need refinishing. Generally, houses in poor condition can fall into three group: houses that are uninhabitable, houses that need significant repairs, and houses that need cosmetic updates:
- 1. Houses that are uninhabitable — Sometimes, a house is in such poor shape that it does not provide the basic shelter a home has to. Examples of unlivable houses include:
- 2. Houses that need significant work done — Other houses habitable, but not ideal. Houses in need of major work are houses with:
- Plumbing issues
- Minor electrical issues
- Dying HVAC systems
- Damaged kitchen
- Damaged light fixtures
- Damage to walls, garage, floors, or ceiling
- Damaged chimney
- Small cracks in the foundation
- 3. Houses that need updating or are otherwise undesirable — Some houses don’t need major repairs done, but may not be appealing to conventional home buyer because of other issues:
If you’re looking to sell a house in poor condition in Claycomo, MO, it may be more difficult than finding a buyer for a house that’s already in pristine shape, but you do have some options.
Selling a House in Claycomo, MO in Poor Condition? Here’s What You Can Do
Most people looking to buy a home want a house to live comfortably in right away, not one they’ll have to put work into, or pay someone thousands of dollars to fix after they’ve already spent money on the house. While selling a property that is already turnkey property is easier to a conventional buyer, you still have a few options for selling your Claycomo, MO house in poor condition:
- Invest in major repairs — This will get the most money for your property from a conventional buyer. However, you may not get back the cost of the repairs in the sale. A total house renovation will run up to $78,270. According to national cost vs. value averages, most repairs only get a 50-70% return on investment. For instance, the average bathroom remodel costs $27,164, but only adds $15,990 in value to your home. While investing in significant upgrades will almost certainly fetch the highest bid for your house, you’re unlikely to profit off of the repairs you made. The upgrades will also add months or even a year to the time before you can list your home on the Claycomo, MO market.
- Make cosmetic upgrades — An alternative is to merely make your Claycomo house look nicer. Curb appeal by itself can increase a property’s sale price by almost 10% or more. The cost of cosmetic upgrades is not nearly as much:
- $153-$929 for a light fixture
- $161-$363 to replace faucets
- $1,2000-$3,900 to repaint all the interior walls
- $350-$3,500 to refinish cabinets
While the return on investment isn’t very high either, you won’t be spending nearly as much money. The added curb appeal will improve offers from prospective buyers, though not as much as making major repairs.
- Sell your home “as-is” on the traditional market — Some people may buy a house in poor condition with the hope of spending less upfront and slowly fix the house over time. There aren’t many of those, and they’ll still want an empty house that’s well-staged when they see it. That will further increase the time and money spent before you can unload the home.
- Sell “as-is” to cash home buying company — The final option is to sell your home to a cash home buying company in Claycomo, MO. At Evervest, we give all cash offers for homes in poor condition. Then, we make all the necessary repairs and upgrades ourselves and make a moderate profit off the resale. Our process is simple and gets cash in your account in as little as 30 days:
- We come to your home and do our own inspection
- We give you the best possible offer while still seeing the property as an investment for ourselves
- When you agree to sell to us, we can write up a contract and complete the sale in as little as 7 days
The way we do things puts no pressure on you and gets you fair value for your home. You won’t have to deal with dozens of people coming in and out of your home. The only person you’ll deal with is the person that’s buying your home. We are discrete and nonjudgmental; you don’t even have to pick the socks up off the floor when we come over to look at your home.
Our team is made up of a professional Claycomo, MO real estate broker, and a construction expert with more than three decades of experience. We are always direct to Claycomo, MO residents about the value of their home, and how we valued it. We’re not going to get rich off selling your property; we buy and renovate houses to earn a moderate profit and improve our Claycomo neighborhoods.
If want to learn more about selling your house in poor condition for cash, call us at (816) 368-8508, or read on below.
Selling a House in Poor Condition in Claycomo, MO: FAQs
Almost one-third of U.S. home purchases are paid for with cash, according data from a Redfin report. While selling a house in poor condition to an as-is buyer is becoming a more popular option, most people in Claycomo, MO who inquire to us still have questions about the process. The following are some of the most frequently asked questions about selling a house as-is:
Is the cash home buying process a scam?
Unfortunately sometimes. The world has no shortage of liars. But selling to Evervest is not a scam; we pride ourselves on our integrity and dedication to our neighborhoods. If you still have concerns, you can read our client testimonials and our A+ score with the Better Business Bureau®. We’ll always show you proof of funds before any documents are signed, and in more than two decades we have never gone back on a contract because we didn’t follow its terms.
We grew up in the Claycomo, MO area, and are proud to raise our own families where we grew up. We’re not trying to cheat any of our neighbors.
How do I know how much my home is really worth as-is?
We always strive to give offers that we truly believe are fair. How much your home is worth will depend on a variety of aspects, including what Claycomo, MO neighborhood it’s in, how big it is, and how expensive making all the repairs might be. More repairs equals lower value. Still, there are many ways you can find out how much you should get for your as-is property. There are many web pages, like Zillow, that give home value estimates. You can also hire a licensed assessor who can give you their estimate.
Can I sell my house if there’s a lien on it?
Are you going to pay me in actual cash?
No. While the idea of a suitcase full of cash is fun, we’ll wire the money to your account. “Cash buyer” means we’re using our own funds to pay for the full value of the home, and aren’t depending on a lender.
Other types of properties we buy in Claycomo, MO include:
- Selling a Home in Pre-Foreclosure
- How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Cash Home Buying Company
- House Buyers
- Cash Home Buyer
Selling a House in Poor Condition in Kansas City, MO | Evervest Home Buyers
Selling a house in poor condition can be a stressful experience, but it doesn’t have to be. Evervest Home Buyers has more than 30 years of experience offering Kansas City, MO residents a fast and stress-free home selling experience. Don’t let a damaged home keep you down; get the funds to move to the next stage of your life today. To sell your Kansas City, MO home in poor condition, call us at (816) 368-8508 or tell us about your property through our website.