Selling a House in Poor Condition in Harrisonville, MO
Selling a house in poor condition in Harrisonville, MO. We get it, it seems impossible to get some houses off your hands. Whether you aren’t predisposed to make the minor updates necessary for a traditional buyer, or are asking yourself if you’re ever going to be able unload a house with serious asbestos presence, Evervest Home Buyers can offer you a solution. We Give fair, all-cash offers for as-is homes in the Harrisonville area, and can put cash in your pocket in as little as 30 days. No matter what shape your house is in, we are interested in buying it. If you need to sell a home in poor condition in Harrisonville, MO and want a home-selling experience with no hassle, call Evervest today at (816) 368-8508 or get your offer through our website.
What is Meant By a Home in “Poor Condition” in Harrisonville, MO?
“Poor condition,” is an inexact phrase. To some, it may mean a home that needs major repairs, to others it may mean the windows need to be caulked. Typically, houses in poor condition can fall into three group: homes that are uninhabitable, houses that need significant work done, and houses that need aesthetic updates:
- 1. Houses that you can’t live in — Sometimes, the damage to a home is so bad that it does not provide the basic shelter a home has to. Examples of unlivable houses include:
- 2. Houses that need significant work done — Other houses can be lived in, but not ideal. Houses in need of major repairs are houses with:
- Plumbing issues
- Minor electrical issues
- Failing HVAC systems
- Damaged kitchen
- Damaged light fixtures
- Damage to walls, garage, floors, or ceiling
- Damaged chimney
- Small issues with the foundation
- 3. Houses that need aesthetic fixes or are other minor patchwork — Some houses don’t need major remodeling done, but may not be appealing to conventional home buyer because of other issues:
If you’re selling a house in poor condition in Harrisonville, MO, it will be much harder than selling a house that’s already in pristine condition, but you do have some options.
Selling a House in Harrisonville, MO in Poor Condition? Here’s What You Can Do
Most people looking to buy a home want a house they can see themselves being comfortable in, not one they’ll have to fix up, or pay someone thousands of dollars to bring it up to par after they’ve already spent money on the house. While selling a house that is already in turnkey condition is easier on the conventional market, you still have a few options for selling your Harrisonville, MO house in poor condition:
- Invest in major upgrades — This will secure the most value for your property on the conventional market. However, the repairs may not add enough value for you to get your money back. A total home remodeling costs up to $78,270. According to national cost vs. value averages, most repairs only get a 50-70% ROI. For instance, the average roof replacement for asphalt shingles costs $31,535, but only adds $18,780 to your final sale price. While making major repairs will likely fetch the highest bid for your house, you probably won’t recoup all the money you put into the repairs. The repairs will also add significant time to the time before your house is ready for the Harrisonville, MO market.
- Make minor upgrades — Another thing you can do is merely increase your Harrisonville home’s curb appeal. Curb appeal by itself can improve a property’s sale price by almost 10% or more. The cost of minor upgrades is not nearly as much:
- $153-$929 for a light fixture
- $161-$363 to replace faucets
- $1,2000-$3,900 to repaint a home’s interior
- $350-$3,500 to refinish cabinets
While the return on investment isn’t very high either, you won’t be spending nearly as much money. The aesthetic upgrades will lead to a higher offer, though not as much as making major repairs.
- Sell your home “as-is” on the conventional market — There are some conventional buyers who will buy a property as-is with the hope of spending less upfront and slowly make upgrades over the years. Those will be harder to find, and they’ll still expect an empty house that’s well-staged when they see it. That will further increase the time and money spent before you can unload the home.
- Sell in poor condition to cash home buying company — The final option is to sell your property to a company that pays cash for Harrisonville-area homes. At Evervest, we buy homes in any condition for fair value. Then, we make all the necessary repairs and upgrades ourselves and make a moderate profit off the resale. Our process is stress-free and gets money in your pocket in as little as a month:
- We perform our own inspection
- We give you the highest offer we can while still setting ourselves up for a profit
- When you agree to sell to us, we can write up a contract and close in as little as 7 days
Our process puts no pressure on you and gets you fair value for your house. You won’t have to deal with dozens of people looking over your home. The only person you’ll deal with is the person who’s making the purchase. We are discrete and nonjudgmental; you don’t even have to pick the socks up off the floor before we do our inspection.
Our team is made up of a professional Harrisonville, MO real estate broker, and a contractor with more than three decades of experience. We are always direct to Harrisonville, MO homeowners about the value of their home, and how we came to that number. We’re not going to get rich off selling your property; we buy and renovate houses to earn a moderate profit and give Harrisonville families a place to settle down.
If you’re interested in selling your house in poor condition for cash, reach out to us at (816) 368-8508, or read on below.
Selling a House in Poor Condition in Harrisonville, MO: Frequently Asked Questions
31.4% of American homes sell to cash buyers, according data from a Redfin report. While more people may be seeing the value in selling a house in poor condition for cash, most Harrisonville, MO homeowners who reach out to us still have questions about the process. The following are some of the questions we get the most about selling a house as-is:
Is the cash home buying process a scam?
The short answer is: sometimes. The world has no shortage of dishonest people. But there are no scams involved when you sell to Evervest; we are intent and intentional about our integrity and devotion to our neighborhoods. If you still have concerns, you can read our client testimonials and our perfect rating with the Better Business Bureau®. We’ll always show you proof of funds before the purchase is complete, and in more than two decades we have never written a contract that we didn’t close on due to us backing out of the deal spelled out in the contract.
We’re from the Harrisonville, MO area, and are proud to raise our own families where we grew up. We do not want to be dishonest with any of our neighbors.
How do I know the true value of my home as-is?
We always strive to give offers that we truly believe are fair. How much your home is worth is based on a variety of factors, including what Harrisonville, MO neighborhood it’s in, its size, and how much repairing it will cost us. More repairs equals lower value. Still, there are ways to do your own research. There are numerous sites, like Zillow, that give approximations of your homes value. You can also hire a licensed appraiser who can give you their professional opinion.
Can I sell my house if I’m in debt?
Are you going to pay me in actual cash?
No. While it might sound fun to have bags full of cash, we’ll pay you through an electronic transfer into your account. “Cash buyer” means we’re using our own money to pay for the full value of the property, and aren’t depending on a lender.
Other types of properties we buy in Harrisonville, MO include:
- Selling a Home in Pre-Foreclosure
- How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Cash Home Buying Company
- House Buyers
- Cash Home Buyer
Selling a House in Poor Condition in Kansas City, MO | Evervest Home Buyers
Selling a house in poor condition can be difficult, but we can offer a solution. Evervest Home Buyers has over 30 years of experience offering Kansas City, MO residents a fast and stress-free home selling experience. Don’t let an old home keep you down; turn it into a jumping board to the next phase of your life today. To sell your Kansas City, MO home in poor condition, call us at (816) 368-8508 or get your offer through our website.