Selling a House in Poor Condition in Lone Jack, MO
Selling a house in poor condition in Lone Jack, MO. Selling a house that needs major repairs can be daunting. Whether you aren’t predisposed to deal with repainting, cleaning, and staging for the traditional market, or are wondering if you’re ever going to be able unload a house with serious termite damage, Evervest Home Buyers is here to take your poor condition property off your hands. We Give fair, all-cash offers for as-is houses in the Lone Jack area, and can put cash in your pocket in as little as 30 days. Whatever type of repairs your home needs, we will make you an offer. If you’re selling a home in poor condition in Lone Jack, MO and want a home-selling experience with no hassle, call Evervest today at (816) 368-8508 or contact us through our website.
When Is a House in Lone Jack, MO Considered to Be in Poor Condition?
“Poor condition,” is a subjective phrase. To some homeowners, it may mean massive damage, to others it may mean the windows need to be caulked. Generally, houses in poor condition can be categorized by three types: homes that are uninhabitable, houses that need extensive work done, and houses that need cosmetic updates:
- 1. Houses that no one can live in — Sometimes, the damage to a home is so bad that no one can live in it without the risk of getting sick or hurt. Examples of uninhabitable houses include:
- 2. Houses that need major work done — Other houses habitable, but uncomfortably. Houses in need of major fixes are houses with:
- Plumbing issues
- Minor electrical issues
- Failing HVAC systems
- Damaged kitchen
- Damaged light fixtures
- Damage to walls, garage, floors, or ceiling
- Damaged chimney
- Small cracks in the foundation
- 3. Houses in need of updating or are other minor patchwork — Some houses don’t need major repairs done, but may turn traditional buyers off because of other issues:
If you’re selling a house in poor condition in Lone Jack, MO, it will be much harder than finding a buyer for a turnkey house, but you do have some options.
Selling a House in Lone Jack, MO in Poor Condition? Read on For Help
Most people looking to buy a home want a house to live comfortably in right away, not one they’ll have to put work into, or pay someone thousands of dollars to repair after the cost they put into the purchase. While selling a property that is already turnkey property is not as hard to a traditional buyer, you still have a few options for selling your Lone Jack, MO house in poor condition:
- Make major repairs — This is how you can get the most money for your home on the conventional market. However, you might not get back the cost of the repairs in the sale. An entire home remodeling will run up to almost $80,000. According to research from the national resale report, most repairs don’t even get a 70% ROI. For instance, the average vinyl siding replacement costs $18,662, but only adds $12,541 to your final sale price. While making significant repairs will almost certainly fetch the highest bid for your house, you probably won’t recoup all the money you spent on repairs. The repairs will also take time, and it could be months or even a year before your house is ready for the Lone Jack, MO market.
- Make aesthetic repairs — An alternative is to simply make your Lone Jack house more attractive. Curb appeal by itself can improve a home’s value by 7% or more. The cost of cosmetic upgrades is not nearly as much:
- $153-$929 for a light fixture
- $161-$363 to replace faucets
- $1,2000-$3,900 to repaint a home’s interior
- $350-$3,500 to refinish cabinets
While the return on investment isn’t very high either, you won’t be spending nearly as much money. The added curb appeal will improve offers from prospective buyers, though not as much as the first option.
- Sell your home “as-is” to a traditional buyers — Some prospective homeowners may buy a home in poor condition with the hope of spending less upfront and gradually make upgrades over time. Those will be more difficult to find, and they’ll still want the house to be clean, the grass to be mowed, and that you’ll put effort into staging the home. All of that takes additional time and money.
- Sell in its current condition to cash home buying company — Lastly, you can sell your property to a cash home buying company in Lone Jack, MO. At Evervest, we buy homes in any condition for fair value. Then, we renovate the home and make a small profit off the resale. Our process is simple and gets cash in your hand in as little as 30 days:
- We carry out our own inspection
- We give you the highest offer we can while still seeing the property as an investment for ourselves
- When you agree to sell to us, we can write up a contract and close in as little as 7 days
Our process puts no pressure on you and gets you fair value for your house. You won’t have to deal with dozens of people looking over your home. The only person you’ll have to see is the person that’s buying your home. We are discrete and nonjudgmental; you don’t even have to pick the socks up off the floor when we come over to look at your home.
Our team consists of a professional Lone Jack, MO real estate broker, and a construction crew with over three decades of experience. We are always direct to Lone Jack, MO homeowners about how much their property is worth, and how we came to that number. We’re not going to get rich off selling your property; we buy and rehabilitate houses to earn a moderate profit and improve our Lone Jack neighborhoods.
If you’re interested in selling your house in poor condition for cash, reach out to us at (816) 368-8508, or read on below.
Selling a House in Poor Condition in Lone Jack, MO: Frequently Asked Questions
Almost one-third of American homes sell to cash buyers, according data from a Redfin report. While selling a house in poor condition to a cash buyer is becoming an increasingly popular option, most people in Lone Jack, MO who reach out to us still have questions about the process. The following are some of the questions we get the most concerning selling a house as-is:
Is the cash home buying process a scam?
The short answer is: it can be. There are bad people in this world who lie to others for money. But there are no scams involved when you sell to Evervest; we pride ourselves on our integrity and devotion to our neighborhoods. If you have any doubts, you can read our client testimonials and our A+ score with the Better Business Bureau®. You’ll see proof of funds before any documents are signed, and in more than two decades we have never backed out of a contract because we didn’t follow its terms.
We grew up in the Lone Jack, MO area, and are proud to raise our own families where we grew up. We do not want to cheat any of our neighbors.
How do I know how much my home is really worth as-is?
We always strive to give offers that we truly believe are fair. How much your home is worth will depend on a variety of things, including what Lone Jack, MO neighborhood it’s in, how big it is, and how much repairing it will cost us. The more the repairs, the more it’s value will go down. Still, there are ways to do your own research. There are numerous sites, like Zillow, that offer approximations of your homes value. You can also consult with a credentialed assessor to help you understand how much your home is worth.
Can I sell my house if I’m in debt?
Do I get paid in actual cash?
No. While it might sound fun to have bags full of cash, we’ll wire the money to your account. “Cash buyer” means we’re using our own funds to cover the full purchase of the home, and aren’t won’t be getting a mortgage.
Other types of properties we buy in Lone Jack, MO include:
- Selling a Home in Pre-Foreclosure
- How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Cash Home Buying Company
- House Buyers
- Cash Home Buyer
Selling a House in Poor Condition in Kansas City, MO | Evervest Home Buyers
Selling a house in poor condition can be a bad experience, but it doesn’t have to be. Evervest Home Buyers has over three decades of experience offering Kansas City, MO residents a fast and stress-free home selling experience. Don’t let an old property keep you down; get the funds to move to the next stage of your life today. To sell your Kansas City, MO home in poor condition, call us at (816) 368-8508 or tell us about your property through our website.