Selling a House in Poor Condition in Platte County, MO
Selling a house in poor condition in Platte County, MO. Selling a house that needs major repairs can be daunting. Whether you don’t want to make the minor updates necessary for a traditional buyer, or are asking yourself if you’re ever going to be able sell a house with significant asbestos presence, Evervest Home Buyers is here to take your unwanted property off your hands. We pay full value, in cash, for as-is houses in the Platte County area, and can complete the transfer in as little as a few weeks. No matter what condition your house is in, we are interested in buying it. If you need to sell a home in poor condition in Platte County, MO and want a home-selling experience with no hassle, call Evervest today at (816) 368-8508 or tell us about your property online.
When Is a House in Platte County, MO Considered to Be in Poor Condition?
“Poor condition,” is a subjective term. To some, it may mean a home that needs major repairs, to others it may mean the windows need to be caulked. Typically, houses in poor condition can be categorized by three types: houses that you can’t live in, houses that need significant repairs, and houses that just need some fine tuning:
- 1. Houses that are uninhabitable — Sometimes, the damage to a home is so bad that no one can live in it without the risk of getting sick or hurt. Examples of uninhabitable houses include:
- 2. Houses that need major repairs — Other houses can be lived in, but still have major issues. Houses in need of serious repairs are houses with:
- Plumbing issues
- Minor electrical issues
- Failing HVAC systems
- Damaged kitchen
- Damaged light fixtures
- Damage to walls, garage, floors, or ceiling
- Damaged chimney
- Small issues with the foundation
- 3. Houses in need of updating or are other minor patchwork — Some houses don’t need major remodeling done, but could possibly not be appealing to conventional home buyer because of other issues:
If you’re selling a house in poor condition in Platte County, MO, it may be more difficult than finding a buyer for a turnkey house, but you do have some options.
Selling a House in Platte County, MO in Poor Condition? You Have a Few Options
Most people looking to buy a home want a house they can envision themselves being comfortable in, not one they’ll have to work on for years, or hire someone to fix after they’ve already spent money on the house. While selling a house that is already turnkey property is easier to a traditional buyer, there are still ways you can sell your Platte County, MO house in poor condition:
- Invest in major upgrades — This is how you can secure the most value for your home from a conventional buyer. However, the repairs may not add enough value for you to remake your money. A complete home remodeling costs up to $78,270. According to data from the national cost vs. value report, most repairs don’t even get a 70% return on investment. For instance, the average minor kitchen remodel costs $28,279, but only adds $20,1225 in value to your home. While making significant upgrades will likely get you the most money for your house at final sale, you’re unlikely to recoup all the money you put into the repairs. The upgrades will also add months or even a year to the time before your house is ready for the Platte County, MO market.
- Make cosmetic upgrades — An alternative is to merely make your Platte County house more attractive. Curb appeal alone can increase a house’s value by almost 10% or more. The cost of minor upgrades is much cheaper than major repairs:
- $153-$929 for a light fixture
- $161-$363 to replace faucets
- $1,2000-$3,900 to repaint a home’s interior
- $350-$3,500 to refinish cabinets
While you also won’t get all that money back, you won’t be spending nearly as much money. The cosmetic upgrades will improve offers from prospective buyers, though not as much as the first option.
- Sell your home “as-is” on the traditional market — There are some traditional buyers who will buy a house as-is with the hope of spending less upfront and gradually fix the house over the years. There aren’t many of those, and they’ll still want an empty house that’s well-staged when they see it. That will further increase the time and money spent before you can unload the home.
- Sell in its current condition to cash home buying company — The final option is to sell your home to a company that pays cash for Platte County-area homes. At Evervest, we give fair offers for homes in any condition. Then, we make the repairs ourselves and make a moderate profit off the resale. Our process is easy and gets money in your hand in as little as a month:
- We perform our own inspection
- We give you the highest offer we can while still seeing the property as an investment for ourselves
- When you agree to sell to us, we can write up a contract and complete the sale in as little as 7 days
The way we do things is not only fair and fast, but it’s entirely stress-free. You won’t have to deal with dozens of people coming in and out of your home. The only person you’ll have to see is the person that’s buying your home. We are discrete and nonjudgmental; you don’t even have to vacuum the carpet before we do our inspection.
Our team consists of a professional Platte County, MO real estate broker, and a construction crew with over three decades of experience. We are always honest to Platte County, MO homeowners about how much their property is worth, and how we came to that number. We’re not going to get rich off selling your property; we do what we do to earn a moderate profit and enhance our Platte County neighborhoods.
If want to learn more about selling your house in poor condition to a cash home buyer, get in touch with us at (816) 368-8508, or read on to find out more about the cash home buying process.
Selling a House in Poor Condition in Platte County, MO: FAQs
Almost one-third of U.S. homes sell to cash buyers, according to a Redfin report. While selling a house in poor condition to an as-is buyer is becoming a more popular option, most Platte County, MO homeowners who call us still have questions about the process. Below are some of the questions we get the most about selling a house as-is:
Is the cash home buying process a scam?
Unfortunately sometimes. There are dishonest people in this world who lie to others for money. But there are no scams involved when you sell to Evervest; we are intent and intentional about our integrity and commitment to our neighborhoods. If you have any doubts, you can look at our client testimonials and our A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau®. We’ll always show you proof of funds before any documents are signed, and in more than two decades we have never backed out of a contract because we didn’t follow its terms.
We grew up in the Platte County, MO area, and are proud to raise our own kids in the same place. We’re not trying to cheat any of our neighbors.
How do I know how much my home is really worth as-is?
We always strive to give offers that we truly believe are fair. How much your home is worth will depend on numerous different things, including where in Kansas City, MO it’s located, its size, and the condition its in. More repairs equals lower value. Still, there are many ways you can find out how much you should get for your as-is property. There are many sites, like Zillow, that give home value estimates. You can also hire a credentialed assessor who can give you their estimate.
Can I sell my house if I’m in debt?
Are you going to pay me in actual cash?
No. While it might sound fun to have bags full of cash, we’ll pay you through an electronic transfer into your account. “Cash buyer” means we’re using our own funds to pay for the full value of the home, and aren’t taking out a loan.
Other types of properties we buy in Platte County, MO include:
- Selling a Home in Pre-Foreclosure
- How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Cash Home Buying Company
- House Buyers
- Cash Home Buyer
Selling a House in Poor Condition in Kansas City, MO | Evervest Home Buyers
Selling a house in poor condition can be a stressful experience, but we can offer a solution. Evervest Home Buyers has over 30 years of experience offering Kansas City, MO homeowners get fair value for their properties. Don’t let an old property hold you down; turn it into a jumping board to the next phase of your life today. To sell your Kansas City, MO home in poor condition, call us at (816) 368-8508 or get your offer online.