Selling a House in Poor Condition in Pleasant Hill, MO
Selling a house in poor condition in Pleasant Hill, MO. Selling a house that needs major repairs can be daunting. Whether you don’t want to make the minor updates necessary for a conventional buyer, or are asking yourself if you’re ever going to be able unload a home with serious water damage, Evervest Home Buyers can offer you a solution. We Give fair, all-cash offers for as-is properties in the Pleasant Hill area, and can put cash in your pocket in as little as a few weeks. No matter what shape your property is in, we will make you an offer. If you need to sell a home in poor condition in Pleasant Hill, MO and want a stress-free solution, call Evervest today at (816) 368-8508 or get your offer online.
When Is a House in Pleasant Hill, MO Considered to Be in Poor Condition?
“Poor condition,” is an inexact term. To some homeowners, it may mean a home that needs major repairs, to others it may simply mean the windows need to be caulked. Generally, houses in poor condition can be categorized by three types: houses that are uninhabitable, houses that need significant repairs, and houses that need aesthetic updates:
- 1. Houses that are uninhabitable — Sometimes, a house is in such bad condition that no one can safely live in it. Examples of unlivable houses include:
- 2. Houses that need significant work done — Other houses habitable, but uncomfortably. Houses in need of major repairs are houses with:
- Plumbing issues
- Minor electrical issues
- Failing HVAC systems
- Damaged kitchen
- Damaged light fixtures
- Damage to surfaces and siding
- Damaged chimney
- Small issues with the foundation
- 3. Houses that need updating or are other minor patchwork — Some houses don’t need major repairs done, but may not be appealing to conventional home buyer for other reasons:
If you’re selling a house in poor condition in Pleasant Hill, MO, it may be more difficult than finding a buyer for a turnkey house, but that doesn’t mean it’s impossible.
Selling a House in Pleasant Hill, MO in Poor Condition? Read on For Help
Most home buyers want a house to live comfortably in right away, not one they’ll have to work on for years, or hire someone to repair after the cost they put into the purchase. While selling a home that is already in turnkey condition is easier to a traditional buyer, there are still ways you can sell your Pleasant Hill, MO house in poor condition:
- Do a complete remodel — This will secure the most value for your home on the traditional market. However, you might not get back the cost of the repairs in the sale. A complete home remodeling costs between $17,942-$78,270. According to data from the national cost vs. value averages, most repairs only get a 50-70% ROI. For example, the average vinyl siding replacement costs $18,662, but only adds $12,541 in value to your home. While making significant upgrades will likely fetch the highest bid for your house, you probably won’t profit off of the repairs you made. The repairs will also take time, and it could be months or even a year before you can list your home on the Pleasant Hill, MO market.
- Make aesthetic repairs — Another way to sell your home easier is to merely improve your Pleasant Hill home’s curb appeal. Curb appeal alone can increase a property’s value by almost 10% or more. The cost of cosmetic upgrades is not nearly as much:
- $153-$929 for a light fixture
- $161-$363 to replace faucets
- $1,2000-$3,900 to repaint a home’s interior
- $350-$3,500 to refinish cabinets
While the return on investment isn’t very high either, you won’t be spending nearly as much money. The aesthetic upgrades will lead to a higher offer, though not as much as making major repairs.
- Sell your home “as-is” on the conventional market — There are some traditional buyers who will buy a home in poor condition with the hope of spending less on the down payment and incrementally repair the house over time. Those will be more difficult to find, and they’ll still expect the house to be clean, the lawn to be tidy, and that you’ll make the home look nice when they see it. That alone can lead to you spending more money.
- Sell “as-is” to cash home buying company — Lastly, you can sell your property to a cash home buyer in Pleasant Hill, MO. At Evervest, we give fair offers for homes in any condition. Then, we rehabilitate the home and make a small profit off the resale. Our process is simple and gets money in your pocket in as little as 30 days:
- We carry out our own inspection
- We give you the highest offer we can while still setting ourselves up for a profit
- When you accept our offer, we can write up a contract and complete the sale in just a week
The way we do things is not only fair and fast, but it’s entirely hassle-free. You won’t have to deal with real estate agents, inspectors, appraisers, and getting ready for prospective buyers to come and see your home. The only person you’ll have to talk to is the person that’s buying your home. We are discrete and nonjudgmental; you don’t even have to pick the socks up off the floor before we do our inspection.
Our team is made up of a licensed Pleasant Hill, MO real estate broker, and a contractor with more than 30 years of experience. We are always direct to Pleasant Hill, MO homeowners about how much their property is worth, and how we valued it. We’re don’t get rich off the sale of one property; we buy and rehabilitate houses to earn a moderate profit and give Pleasant Hill families a place to settle down.
If you’re interested in selling your house in poor condition for cash, call us at (816) 368-8508, or read on to find out more about the cash home buying process.
Selling a House in Poor Condition in Pleasant Hill, MO: Frequently Asked Questions
Nearly one-third of U.S. home purchases are paid for with cash, according to a Redfin report. While selling a house in poor condition to an as-is buyer is becoming a more popular option, most people in Pleasant Hill, MO who call us still want to know more about the process. Below are some of the most frequently asked questions about selling a house as-is:
Is the cash home buying process a scam?
The short answer is: it can be. There are bad people in this world who try to trick others for money. But selling to Evervest is not a scam; we pride ourselves on our integrity and dedication to our neighborhoods. If you have any doubts, you can read our client testimonials and our perfect score with the Better Business Bureau®. You’ll see proof of funds before you sign, and in 20+ years we have never backed out of a contract because we didn’t follow its terms.
We’re from the Pleasant Hill, MO area, and are proud to raise our own kids in the same place. We do not want to be dishonest with any of our neighbors.
How do I know the true value of my home as-is?
We always strive to give offers that we truly believe are fair. How much your home is worth will depend on numerous different aspects, including where in Kansas City, MO it’s located, its size, and the cost of making all the repairs. The more the repairs, the less we’ll want to pay for it. Still, there are many ways you can find out how much you should get for your as-is property. There are many web pages, like Zillow, that offer approximations of your homes value. You can also consult with a professional appraiser who can give you their professional opinion.
Can I sell my house if there’s a lien on it?
Do I get paid in actual cash?
No. While it might sound fun to have bags full of cash, we’ll wire the money to your account. “Cash buyer” means we’re using our own money to cover the full purchase of the property, and aren’t depending on a lender.
Other types of properties we buy in Pleasant Hill, MO include:
- Selling a Home in Pre-Foreclosure
- How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Cash Home Buying Company
- House Buyers
- Cash Home Buyer
Selling a House in Poor Condition in Kansas City, MO | Evervest Home Buyers
Selling a house in poor condition can be a bad experience, but we can offer a solution. Evervest Home Buyers has more than three decades of experience offering Kansas City, MO residents a fast and stress-free home selling experience. Don’t let a damaged home hold you down; get the funds to move to the next stage of your life today. To sell your Kansas City, MO home in poor condition, call us at (816) 368-8508 or get your offer online.