Selling a House in Poor Condition in Greenwood, MO
Selling a house in poor condition in Greenwood, MO. We know, it seems impossible to get some houses off your hands. Whether you aren’t predisposed to make the minor updates necessary for a conventional buyer, or are asking yourself how on earth you’re going to get rid of a property with significant black mold presence, Evervest Home Buyers can offer you a solution. We Give fair, all-cash offers for as-is homes in the Greenwood area, and can close in as little as a few weeks. No matter what shape your house is in, we are interested in buying it. If you need to sell a home in poor condition in Greenwood, MO and want a a fast and easy solution, call Evervest today at (816) 368-8508 or get your offer online.
When Is a House in Greenwood, MO Considered to Be in Poor Condition?
“Poor condition,” is an umbrella term. To some house buyers, it may mean a house that is unlivable, to others it may simply mean the walls need repainting. Generally, houses in poor condition can fall into three categories: homes that are uninhabitable, houses that need extensive repairs, and houses that just need some fine tuning:
- 1. Houses that are uninhabitable — Sometimes, a house is in such bad shape that no one can safely live in it. Examples of unlivable houses include:
- 2. Houses that need major work done — Other houses can be lived in, but not ideal. Houses in need of serious fixes are houses with:
- Plumbing issues
- Minor electrical issues
- Dying HVAC systems
- Damaged kitchen
- Damaged light fixtures
- Damage to walls, garage, floors, or ceiling
- Damaged chimney
- Small issues with the foundation
- 3. Houses in need of updating or are otherwise undesirable — Some houses aren’t necessarily in bad shape, but may turn traditional buyers off for other reasons:
If you’re trying to sell a house in poor condition in Greenwood, MO, it may be more difficult than selling a house that’s already in pristine condition, but you do have some options.
Selling a House in Greenwood, MO in Poor Condition? Read on For Help
Most home buyers want a house to live comfortably in right away, not one they’ll have to put work into, or pay someone thousands of dollars to repair after the cost they put into the purchase. While selling a house that is already turnkey property is not as hard on the conventional market, there are still ways you can sell your Greenwood, MO house in poor condition:
- Do a complete remodel — This will secure the most money for your property on the traditional market. However, you may not recoup the cost of the repairs in the sale. An entire house remodeling will run up to $78,270. According to data from the national resale report, most repairs only get a 50-70% return on investment. For instance, the average roof replacement for asphalt shingles costs $31,535, but only adds $18,780 to your final sale price. While investing in significant upgrades will almost certainly fetch the highest bid for your house, you’re unlikely to recoup all the money you put into the repairs. The repairs will also add months or even a year to the time before your house is ready for the Greenwood, MO market.
- Make minor repairs — An alternative is to simply make your Greenwood house more attractive. Curb appeal alone can raise a property’s sale price by almost 10% or more. The cost of minor upgrades is much easier to fit in a budget:
- $153-$929 for a light fixture
- $161-$363 for new faucets
- $1,2000-$3,900 to repaint all the interior walls
- $350-$3,500 to refinish cabinets
While you also won’t recoup all those expenses through the sale, you’ll be sacrificing substantially less money than if you do a full renovation. The aesthetic upgrades will lead to a higher offer, though not as much as making major repairs.
- Sell your home “as-is” to a traditional buyers — There are some conventional buyers who will buy a house in poor condition with the hope of spending less upfront and gradually repair the house over the years. There aren’t many of those, and they’ll still want the house to be clean, the lawn to be tidy, and that you’ll make the home look nice when they see it. That will further increase the time and money spent before the house is sold.
- Sell in poor condition to cash home buying company — Lastly, you can sell your property to a cash home buying company in Greenwood, MO. At Evervest, we buy homes in any condition for fair value. Then, we renovate the home and sell the property at a slightly higher value. Our process is stress-free and gets cash in your hand in as little as 30 days:
- We come to your home and do our own inspection
- We give you the best possible offer while still setting ourselves up for a profit
- If you agree to sell to us, we can write up a contract and close in just a week
The way we do things puts no pressure on you and gets you fair value for your house. You won’t have to deal with dozens of people coming in and out of your home. The only person you’ll have to see is the person that’s buying your home. We are discrete and nonjudgmental; you don’t even have to do the dishes when we come over to look at your home.
Our team consists of a professional Greenwood, MO real estate broker, and a contractor with more than 30 years of experience. We are always straightforward to Greenwood, MO residents about how much their property is worth, and how we came to that number. We’re don’t get rich off the sale of one property; we buy and renovate houses to make a moderate amount of money and give Greenwood families a place to settle down.
If you’re interested in selling your house in poor condition for cash, call us at (816) 368-8508, or read on below.
Selling a House in Poor Condition in Greenwood, MO: FAQs
Nearly one-third of U.S. home purchases are paid for with cash, according data from a Redfin report. While selling a house in poor condition to a cash buyer is becoming a more popular option, most Greenwood, MO homeowners who call us still want to know more about the process. The following are some of the questions we get the most concerning selling a house as-is:
Is the cash home buying process a scam?
Unfortunately sometimes. There are dishonest people in this world who lie to others for money. But there are no scams involved when you sell to Evervest; we are intent and intentional about our integrity and dedication to our neighborhoods. If you still have concerns, you can read our client testimonials and our A+ score with the Better Business Bureau®. We’ll always show you proof of funds before you sign, and in over 20 years we have never written a contract that we didn’t close on due to us backing out of the deal spelled out in the contract.
We’re from the Greenwood, MO area, and are proud to raise our own kids in the same place. We’re not trying to be dishonest with any of our neighbors.
How do I know the true value of my home as-is?
Our offer will be what we genuinely think is fair. The value of your home is based on numerous different aspects, including where in Kansas City, MO it’s located, how big it is, and how expensive making all the repairs might be. More repairs equals lower value. Still, there are many ways you can find out how much you should get for your as-is property. There are many sites, like Zillow, that offer home value estimates. You can also consult with a licensed appraiser to help you understand how much your home is worth.
Can I sell my house if I’m in debt?
Do I get paid in actual cash?
No. While it might sound fun to have bags full of cash, we’ll pay you through an electronic transfer into your account. “Cash buyer” means we’re using our own money to pay for the full value of the home, and aren’t depending on a lender.
Other types of properties we buy in Greenwood, MO include:
- Selling a Home in Pre-Foreclosure
- How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Cash Home Buying Company
- House Buyers
- Cash Home Buyer
Selling a House in Poor Condition in Kansas City, MO | Evervest Home Buyers
Selling a house in poor condition can seem impossible, but it doesn’t have to be. Evervest Home Buyers has over 30 years of experience offering Kansas City, MO homeowners a fast and stress-free home selling experience. Don’t let an old home keep you down; get the funds to move to the next stage of your life today. To sell your Kansas City, MO home in poor condition, call us at (816) 368-8508 or contact us online.