Selling a House in Poor Condition in Weston, MO
Selling a house in poor condition in Weston, MO. We know, it seems impossible to get some houses off your hands. Whether you aren’t predisposed to deal with repainting, cleaning, and staging for a conventional buyer, or are wondering if you’re ever going to be able to get rid of a home with serious asbestos presence, Evervest Home Buyers is here to take your unwanted property off your hands. We Give fair, all-cash offers for as-is properties in the Weston area, and can close in as little as a few weeks. Whatever type of repairs your home needs, we are interested in buying it. If you need to sell a home in poor condition in Weston, MO and want a stress-free solution, call Evervest today at (816) 368-8508 or tell us about your property through our website.
When Is a House in Weston, MO Considered to Be in Poor Condition?
“Poor condition,” is a subjective term. To some, it may mean a home that needs major repairs, to others it may mean the carpet needs some serious cleaning. Typically, houses in poor condition can fall into three categories: homes that you can’t live in, houses that need significant work done, and houses that need aesthetic updates:
- 1. Houses that no one can live in — Sometimes, the damage to a home is so bad that no one can live in it without the risk of getting sick or hurt. Examples of unlivable houses include:
- 2. Houses that need significant repairs — Other houses habitable, but not ideal. Houses in need of major fixes are houses with:
- Plumbing issues
- Minor electrical issues
- Dying HVAC systems
- Damaged kitchen
- Damaged light fixtures
- Damage to walls, garage, floors, or ceiling
- Damaged chimney
- Small issues with the foundation
- 3. Houses that need updating or are otherwise undesirable — Some houses aren’t necessarily in bad shape, but might not be appealing to conventional home buyer for other reasons:
If you’re looking to sell a house in poor condition in Weston, MO, it will be much harder than selling a turnkey house, but that doesn’t mean it’s impossible.
Selling a House in Weston, MO in Poor Condition? You Have a Few Options
Most home buyers want a house they can envision themselves relaxing in, not one they’ll have to put work into, or pay someone thousands of dollars to repair after they’ve already spent money on the house. While selling a house that is already in turnkey condition is easier to a conventional buyer, you still have a few options for selling your Weston, MO house in poor condition:
- Do a complete remodel — This is the way to get the most money for your house on the traditional market. However, the cost of getting there is high. A complete home renovation will run up to $78,270. According to research from the national resale report, most repairs don’t even get a 70% return on investment. For instance, the average vinyl siding replacement costs $18,662, but only adds $12,541 to your final sale price. While making major repairs will likely get you the most money for your house at final sale, you probably won’t recoup all the money you put into the repairs. The repairs will also take time, and it could be months or even a year before you can list your property on the Weston, MO market.
- Make cosmetic upgrades — Another thing you can do is merely make your Weston house look nicer. Curb appeal by itself can increase a house’s sale price by 7% or more. The cost of minor upgrades is not nearly as much:
- $153-$929 for a light fixture
- $161-$363 for new faucets
- $1,2000-$3,900 to repaint a home’s interior
- $350-$3,500 to refinish cabinets
While the return on investment isn’t very high either, you won’t be spending nearly as much money. The aesthetic upgrades will improve offers from prospective buyers, though not as much as making major repairs.
- Sell your home “as-is” on the conventional market — Some people may buy a property in poor condition with the hope of spending less upfront and slowly make upgrades over the years. There aren’t many of those, and they’ll still expect an empty house that’s well-staged when they see it. All of that takes additional time and money.
- Sell in poor condition to a cash home buyer — The final option is to sell your house to a company that pays cash for Weston-area homes. At Evervest, we buy homes in any condition for fair value. Then, we rehabilitate the home and make a moderate profit off the resale. Our process is easy and gets cash in your account in as little as 30 days:
- We perform our own inspection
- We give you the highest offer we can while still seeing the property as an investment for ourselves
- If you accept our offer, we can have a contract ready and close in just 7 days
The way we do things is not only fair and fast, but it’s entirely hassle-free. You won’t have to deal with dozens of people coming in and out of your home. The only person you’ll have to see is the person that’s buying your home. We are discrete and nonjudgmental; you don’t even have to mop the floors before we do our inspection.
Our team consists of a licensed Weston, MO real estate broker, and a contractor with over 30 years of experience. We are always straightforward to Weston, MO residents about the value of their home, and how we valued it. We’re don’t get rich off the sale of one property; we do what we do to make a moderate amount of money and enhance our Weston neighborhoods.
If you’re interested in selling your house in poor condition to an as-is home buyer, get in touch with us at (816) 368-8508, or read on below.
Selling a House in Poor Condition in Weston, MO: Frequently Asked Questions
31.4% of American home purchases are paid for with cash, according data from a Redfin report. While more people may be seeing the wisdom in selling a house in poor condition for cash, most people in Weston, MO who inquire to us still have questions about the process. Below are some of the questions we get the most concerning selling a house as-is:
Is the cash home buying process a scam?
The short answer is: it can be. There are dishonest people in this world who lie to others for money. But selling to Evervest is not a scam; we are intent and intentional about our honesty and commitment to our neighborhoods. If you still have concerns, you can read our client testimonials and our A+ score with the Better Business Bureau®. We’ll always show you proof of funds before any documents are signed, and in more than two decades we have never written a contract that we didn’t close on due to us backing out of the deal spelled out in the contract.
We grew up in the Weston, MO area, and are proud to raise our own kids where we grew up. We’re not trying to be dishonest with any of our neighbors.
How do I know the true value of my home as-is?
Our offer will be what we genuinely believe is fair. How much your home is worth is based on numerous different things, including what Weston, MO neighborhood it’s in, how big it is, and how expensive making all the repairs might be. The more the repairs, the more it’s value will go down. Still, there are ways to do your own research. There are many sites, like Zillow, that give approximations of your homes value. You can also hire a licensed appraiser to help you understand how much your home is worth.
Can I sell my house if there’s a lien on it?
Are you going to pay me in actual cash?
No. While it might sound fun to have bags full of cash, we’ll wire the money to your account. “Cash buyer” means we’re using our own funds to pay for the full value of the house, and aren’t taking out a loan.
Other types of properties we buy in Weston, MO include:
- Selling a Home in Pre-Foreclosure
- How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Cash Home Buying Company
- House Buyers
- Cash Home Buyer
Selling a House in Poor Condition in Kansas City, MO | Evervest Home Buyers
Selling a house in poor condition can be a bad experience, but it doesn’t have to be. Evervest Home Buyers has more than 30 years of experience offering Kansas City, MO residents get fair value for their properties. Don’t let an old house weigh you down; turn it into a jumping board to the next phase of your life today. To sell your Kansas City, MO home in poor condition, call us at (816) 368-8508 or contact us through our website.