Selling a House in Poor Condition in Platte City, MO
Selling a house in poor condition in Platte City, MO. We get it, it seems impossible to get some houses off your hands. Whether you don’t want to make the minor updates necessary for a traditional buyer, or are asking yourself how on earth you’re going sell a house with significant asbestos presence, Evervest Home Buyers can offer you a solution. We pay full value, in cash, for as-is homes in the Platte City area, and can put cash in your pocket in as little as a month. No matter what condition your house is in, we are interested in buying it. If you’re selling a home in poor condition in Platte City, MO and want a home-selling experience with no hassle, call Evervest today at (816) 368-8508 or tell us about your property online.
What is Meant By a Home in “Poor Condition” in Platte City, MO?
“Poor condition,” is a subjective phrase. To some homeowners, it may mean a house that is unlivable, to others it may mean the carpet needs some serious cleaning. Generally, houses in poor condition can be broken down into three categories: houses that no one can live in, houses that need major remodeling, and houses that need aesthetic updates:
- 1. Houses that no one can live in — Sometimes, the damage to a home is so bad that it does not provide the basic shelter a home must. Examples of uninhabitable houses include:
- 2. Houses that need significant repairs — Other houses can be lived in, but not ideal. Houses in need of serious work are houses with:
- Plumbing issues
- Minor electrical issues
- Expiring HVAC systems
- Damaged kitchen
- Damaged light fixtures
- Damage to surfaces and siding
- Damaged chimney
- Small issues with the foundation
- 3. Houses that need aesthetic updates or are otherwise undesirable — Some houses don’t need major work done, but could possibly not be appealing to conventional home buyer because of other issues:
If you’re selling a house in poor condition in Platte City, MO, it will be much harder than finding a buyer for a turnkey house, but you do have some options.
Selling a House in Platte City, MO in Poor Condition? Read on For Help
Most people looking to buy a home want a house to live comfortably in right away, not one they’ll have to work on for years, or pay someone thousands of dollars to repair after they’ve already spent money on the house. While selling a property that is already in turnkey condition is easier to a traditional buyer, there are still ways you can sell your Platte City, MO house in poor condition:
- Make major upgrades — This is how you can secure the most value for your property on the traditional market. However, you may not recoup the cost of the repairs in the sale. A total home renovation costs up to almost $80,000. According to national resale report, most repairs only get a 50-70% ROI. For instance, the average roof replacement for asphalt shingles costs $31,535, but only adds $18,780 in value to your home. While investing in major repairs will likely fetch the highest bid for your house, you’re unlikely to recoup all the money you spent on repairs. The repairs will also add significant time to the time before your house is ready for the Platte City, MO market.
- Make aesthetic upgrades — An alternative is to simply raise your Platte City home’s curb appeal. Curb appeal by itself can boost a property’s sale price by 7% or more. The cost of minor upgrades is much cheaper than major repairs:
- $153-$929 for a light fixture
- $161-$363 to replace faucets
- $1,2000-$3,900 to repaint a home’s interior
- $350-$3,500 to refinish cabinets
While you also won’t get all that money back, you won’t be spending nearly as much money. The added curb appeal will improve offers from prospective buyers, though not as much as making major repairs.
- Sell your home “as-is” on the traditional market — Some prospective homeowners may buy a property as-is with the hope of spending less on the down payment and incrementally make upgrades over the years. There aren’t many of those, and they’ll still want an empty house that’s well-staged when they see it. That will further increase the time and money spent before you can unload the home.
- Sell in poor condition to cash home buying company — The final option is to sell your property to a cash home buying company in Platte City, MO. At Evervest, we give fair offers for homes in any condition. Then, we make all the necessary repairs and upgrades ourselves and sell the property at a slightly higher value. Our process is stress-free and gets money in your pocket in as little as 30 days:
- We perform our own inspection
- We give you the best possible offer while still seeing the property as an investment for ourselves
- When you agree to sell to us, we can have a contract ready and close in as little as 7 days
Our process puts no pressure on you and gets you fair value for your home. You won’t have to deal with dozens of people coming in and out of your home. The only person you’ll have to talk to is the person who’s making the purchase. We are discrete and nonjudgmental; you don’t even have to mop the floors when we come over to look at your home.
Our team consists of a professional Platte City, MO real estate broker, and a contractor with more than three decades of experience. We are always direct to Platte City, MO homeowners about the value of their home, and how we valued it. We’re don’t get rich off the sale of one property; we do what we do to earn a moderate profit and improve our Platte City neighborhoods.
If you’re interested in selling your house in poor condition to an as-is home buyer, call us at (816) 368-8508, or read on below.
Selling a House in Poor Condition in Platte City, MO: FAQs
Nearly one-third of American home purchases are paid for with cash, according to a Redfin report. While selling a house in poor condition to an as-is buyer is becoming a more popular option, most people in Platte City, MO who inquire to us still have questions about the process. Below are some of the most frequently asked questions concerning selling a house as-is:
Is the cash home buying process a scam?
The short answer is: sometimes. The world has no shortage of scammers. But selling to Evervest is not a scam; we pride ourselves on our honesty and devotion to our neighborhoods. If you have any doubts, you can check out our client testimonials and our A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau®. We’ll always show you proof of funds before any documents are signed, and in more than two decades we have never written a contract that we didn’t close on due to us backing out of the deal spelled out in the contract.
We’re from the Platte City, MO area, and are proud to raise our own families in the same place. We do not want to be dishonest with any of our neighbors.
How do I know the true value of my home as-is?
We always strive to give offers that we truly believe are fair. How much your home is worth will depend on numerous different things, including what Platte City, MO neighborhood it’s in, its size, and how much repairing it will cost us. The more the repairs, the less we’ll want to pay for it. Still, there are ways to do your own research. There are numerous web pages, like Zillow, that give home value estimates. You can also hire a credentialed assessor to help you understand how much your home is worth.
Can I sell my house if there’s a lien on it?
Are you going to pay me in actual cash?
No. While the idea of a suitcase full of cash is nice to think about, we’ll pay you through an electronic transfer into your account. “Cash buyer” means we’re using our own money to cover the full purchase of the home, and aren’t taking out a loan.
Other types of properties we buy in Platte City, MO include:
- Selling a Home in Pre-Foreclosure
- How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Cash Home Buying Company
- House Buyers
- Cash Home Buyer
Selling a House in Poor Condition in Kansas City, MO | Evervest Home Buyers
Selling a house in poor condition can be difficult, but it doesn’t have to be. Evervest Home Buyers has more than three decades of experience offering Kansas City, MO residents get full value for their properties. Don’t let an old property hold you down; get the funds to move to the next stage of your life today. To sell your Kansas City, MO home in poor condition, call us at (816) 368-8508 or get your offer online.