Selling a House in Poor Condition in Raytown, MO
Selling a house in poor condition in Raytown, MO. We know, some houses seem impossible to sell. Whether you don’t want to deal with repainting, cleaning, and staging for the conventional market, or are wondering if you’re ever going to be able unload a house with extensive water damage, Evervest Home Buyers can offer you a solution. We Give fair, all-cash offers for as-is properties in the Raytown area, and can complete the transfer in as little as a few weeks. No matter what shape your house is in, we will make you an offer. If you need to sell a home in poor condition in Raytown, MO and want a home-selling experience with no hassle, call Evervest today at (816) 368-8508 or contact us through our website.
When Is a House in Raytown, MO Considered to Be in Poor Condition?
“Poor condition,” is an inexact term. To some, it may mean a home that needs major repairs, to others it may simply mean the carpet needs some serious cleaning. Generally, houses in poor condition can be broken down into three categories: homes that are uninhabitable, houses that need major remodeling, and houses that just need some fine tuning:
- 1. Houses that no one can live in — Sometimes, the damage to a home is so bad that it does not provide the basic shelter a home has to. Examples of uninhabitable houses include:
- 2. Houses that need major repairs — Other houses habitable, but uncomfortably. Houses in need of serious fixes are houses with:
- Plumbing issues
- Minor electrical issues
- Dying HVAC systems
- Damaged kitchen
- Damaged light fixtures
- Damage to walls, garage, floors, or ceiling
- Damaged chimney
- Small issues with the foundation
- 3. Houses that need updating or are otherwise undesirable — Some houses aren’t necessarily in bad shape, but could possibly turn traditional buyers off because of other issues:
If you’re selling a house in poor condition in Raytown, MO, it will be much harder than finding a buyer for a turnkey house, but you do have some options.
Selling a House in Raytown, MO in Poor Condition? You Have a Few Options
Most home buyers want a house they can see themselves being comfortable in, not one they’ll have to put work into, or pay someone thousands of dollars to repair after the cost they put into the purchase. While selling a home that is already turnkey property is easier on the traditional market, there are still ways you can sell your Raytown, MO house in poor condition:
- Invest in major repairs — This is how you can get the most value for your home on the traditional market. However, the repairs may not add enough value for you to remake your money. An entire house remodeling will run up to $78,270. According to national resale averages, most repairs don’t even get a 70% return on investment. For instance, the average vinyl siding replacement costs $18,662, but only adds $12,541 in value to your home. While making major upgrades will likely fetch the highest bid for your house, you probably won’t profit off of the repairs you made. The repairs will also take time, and it could be months or even a year before your house is ready for the Raytown, MO market.
- Make aesthetic repairs — Another thing you can do is merely improve your Raytown home’s curb appeal. Curb appeal alone can boost a house’s value by almost 10% or more. The cost of cosmetic upgrades is not nearly as much:
- $153-$929 for a light fixture
- $161-$363 to replace faucets
- $1,2000-$3,900 to repaint a home’s interior
- $350-$3,500 to refinish cabinets
While you also won’t get all that money back, you’ll be sacrificing considerably less money than if you do a full renovation. The added curb appeal will lead to a higher offer, though not as much as making major repairs.
- Sell your home “as-is” on the traditional market — Some people may buy a home as-is with the hope of spending less on the down payment and gradually fix the house over the years. There aren’t many of those, and they’ll still want the house to be clean, the lawn to be tidy, and that you’ll make the home look nice when they see it. All of that takes additional time and money.
- Sell in poor condition to a cash home buyer — Lastly, you can sell your house to a cash home buying company in Raytown, MO. At Evervest, we give fair offers for homes in poor condition. Then, we make the repairs ourselves and make a small profit off the resale. Our process is stress-free and gets cash in your account in as little as a month:
- We carry out our own inspection
- We give you the best possible offer while still seeing the property as an investment for ourselves
- When you agree to sell to us, we can write up a contract and complete the sale in just a week
The way we do things puts no pressure on you and gets you fair value for your house. You won’t have to deal with dozens of people coming in and out of your home. The only person you’ll have to talk to is the person that’s buying your home. We are discrete and nonjudgmental; you don’t even have to pick the socks up off the floor before we do our inspection.
Our team consists of a professional Raytown, MO real estate broker, and a construction crew with over 30 years of experience. We are always straightforward to Raytown, MO residents about how much their property is worth, and how we came to that number. We’re don’t get rich off the sale of one property; we buy and rehabilitate houses to make a moderate amount of money and give Raytown families a place to settle down.
If want to learn more about selling your house in poor condition for cash, reach out to us at (816) 368-8508, or read on below.
Selling a House in Poor Condition in Raytown, MO: Frequently Asked Questions
Nearly one-third of U.S. home purchases are paid for with cash, according data from a Redfin report. While selling a house in poor condition to a cash buyer is becoming an increasingly popular option, most Raytown, MO homeowners who call us still want to know more about the process. Below are some of the questions we get the most concerning selling a house as-is:
Is the cash home buying process a scam?
Unfortunately it can be. There are bad people in this world who try to trick others for money. But there are no scams involved when you sell to Evervest; we pride ourselves on our integrity and commitment to our communities. If you still have concerns, you can look at our client testimonials and our A+ score with the Better Business Bureau®. You’ll see proof of funds before the purchase is complete, and in over 20 years we have never written a contract that we didn’t close on due to us backing out of the deal spelled out in the contract.
We’re from the Raytown, MO area, and are proud to raise our own children in the same place. We do not want to cheat any of our neighbors.
How do I know how much my home is really worth as-is?
We always strive to give offers that we truly believe are fair. How much your home is worth will depend on numerous different things, including where in Kansas City, MO it’s located, its size, and the condition its in. More repairs equals lower value. Still, there are ways to do your own research. There are numerous web pages, like Zillow, that offer home value estimates. You can also consult with a professional appraiser who can give you their professional opinion.
Can I sell my house if I’m in debt?
Are you going to pay me in actual cash?
No. While the idea of a suitcase full of cash is fun, we’ll pay you through an electronic transfer into your account. “Cash buyer” means we’re using our own funds to pay for the full value of the home, and aren’t taking out a loan.
Other types of properties we buy in Raytown, MO include:
- Selling a Home in Pre-Foreclosure
- How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Cash Home Buying Company
- House Buyers
- Cash Home Buyer
Selling a House in Poor Condition in Kansas City, MO | Evervest Home Buyers
Selling a house in poor condition can be a stressful experience, but we can offer a solution. Evervest Home Buyers has more than three decades of experience offering Kansas City, MO homeowners get full value for their properties. Don’t let a damaged house keep you down; turn it into a jumping board to the next phase of your life today. To sell your Kansas City, MO home in poor condition, call us at (816) 368-8508 or contact us through our website.