Selling a House in Poor Condition in Peculiar, MO
Selling a house in poor condition in Peculiar, MO. Selling a house that needs major repairs can be daunting. Whether you aren’t predisposed to deal with repainting, cleaning, and staging for a traditional buyer, or are wondering how on earth you’re going to get rid of a home with significant black mold presence, Evervest Home Buyers can offer you a solution. We Give fair, all-cash offers for as-is homes in the Peculiar area, and can complete the transfer in as little as a month. Whatever type of repairs your home needs, we are interested in buying it. If you need to sell a home in poor condition in Peculiar, MO and want a home-selling experience with no hassle, call Evervest today at (816) 368-8508 or get your offer through our website.
What is Meant By a Home in “Poor Condition” in Peculiar, MO?
“Poor condition,” is a subjective term. To some, it may mean a house that is unlivable, to others it may simply mean the walls need repainting. Generally, houses in poor condition can fall into three categories: houses that are uninhabitable, houses that need significant work done, and houses that just need some fine tuning:
- 1. Houses that you can’t live in — Sometimes, the damage to a home is so bad that it does not provide the basic shelter a home has to. Examples of uninhabitable houses include:
- 2. Houses that need major work done — Other houses habitable, but still have major issues. Houses in need of major repairs are houses with:
- Plumbing issues
- Minor electrical issues
- Expiring HVAC systems
- Damaged kitchen
- Damaged light fixtures
- Damage to walls, garage, floors, or ceiling
- Damaged chimney
- Small issues with the foundation
- 3. Houses that need cosmetic fixes or are otherwise undesirable — Some houses aren’t necessarily in bad shape, but may not be appealing to conventional home buyer because of other issues:
If you’re looking to sell a house in poor condition in Peculiar, MO, it may be more difficult than finding a buyer for a house that’s already in pristine shape, but you do have some options.
Selling a House in Peculiar, MO in Poor Condition? Here’s What You Can Do
Most home buyers want a house to live comfortably in right away, not one they’ll have to put work into, or pay someone thousands of dollars to bring it up to par after they’ve already spent money on the house. While selling a house that is already turnkey property is not as hard on the traditional market, there are still ways you can sell your Peculiar, MO house in poor condition:
- Do a complete remodel — This will secure the most value for your home on the conventional market. However, you may not recoup the cost of the repairs in the sale. An entire house renovation costs between $17,942-$78,270. According to national resale averages, most repairs don’t even get a 70% ROI. For instance, the average minor kitchen remodel costs $28,279, but only adds $20,1225 in value to your home. While investing in major upgrades will likely get you the most money for your house at final sale, you’re unlikely to profit off of the repairs you made. The upgrades will also add significant time to the time before your house is ready for the Peculiar, MO market.
- Make aesthetic upgrades — An alternative is to simply raise your Peculiar home’s curb appeal. Curb appeal by itself can raise a house’s sale price by almost 10% or more. The cost of minor upgrades is not nearly as much:
- $153-$929 for a light fixture
- $161-$363 to replace faucets
- $1,2000-$3,900 to repaint a home’s interior
- $350-$3,500 to refinish cabinets
While the return on investment isn’t very high either, you won’t be spending nearly as much money. The added curb appeal will lead to a higher offer, though not as much as the first option.
- Sell your home “as-is” on the conventional market — Some people may buy a home in poor condition in an effort to spend less on the down payment and gradually repair the house over time. There aren’t many of those, and they’ll still expect an empty house that’s well-staged when they see it. That alone can lead to you spending more money.
- Sell in its current condition to an as-is home buyer — Lastly, you can sell your home to a company that pays cash for Peculiar-area homes. At Evervest, we buy homes in any condition for fair value. Then, we rehabilitate the home and make a small profit off the resale. Our process is stress-free and gets money in your hand in as little as 30 days:
- We come to your home and do our own inspection
- We give you the highest offer we can while still setting ourselves up for a profit
- When you agree to sell to us, we can have a contract ready and close in just 7 days
The way we do things is not only fair and fast, but it’s entirely hassle-free. You won’t have to deal with real estate agents, inspectors, appraisers, and getting ready for prospective buyers to come and see your home. The only person you’ll have to see is the person that’s buying your home. We are discrete and nonjudgmental; you don’t even have to vacuum the carpet when we come over to look at your home.
Our team is made up of a professional Peculiar, MO real estate broker, and a construction expert with over three decades of experience. We are always straightforward to Peculiar, MO residents about the value of their home, and how we valued it. We’re not going to get rich off selling your property; we do what we do to earn a moderate profit and improve our Peculiar neighborhoods.
If want to learn more about selling your house in poor condition for cash, call us at (816) 368-8508, or read on below.
Selling a House in Poor Condition in Peculiar, MO: Frequently Asked Questions
Nearly one-third of American home purchases are paid for with cash, according to a Redfin report. While selling a house in poor condition to an as-is buyer is becoming an increasingly popular option, most people in Peculiar, MO who reach out to us still want to know more about the process. Below are some of the questions we get the most about selling a house as-is:
Is the cash home buying process a scam?
The short answer is: sometimes. There are dishonest people in this world who lie to others for money. But there are no scams involved when you sell to Evervest; we are intent and intentional about our honesty and dedication to our communities. If you have any doubts, you can look at our client testimonials and our A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau®. We’ll always show you proof of funds before any documents are signed, and in 20+ years we have never written a contract that we didn’t close on due to us backing out of the deal spelled out in the contract.
We’re from the Peculiar, MO area, and are proud to raise our own kids where we grew up. We’re not trying to be dishonest with any of our neighbors.
How do I know the true value of my home as-is?
We always strive to give offers that we truly believe are fair. How much your home is worth will depend on numerous different aspects, including where in Kansas City, MO it’s located, how big it is, and how expensive making all the repairs might be. More repairs equals lower value. Still, there are ways to do your own research. There are numerous web pages, like Zillow, that offer home value estimates. You can also hire a credentialed assessor to help you understand how much your home is worth.
Can I sell my house if I’m in debt?
Do I get paid in actual cash?
No. While it might sound fun to have bags full of cash, we’ll wire the money to your account. “Cash buyer” means we’re using our own money to pay for the full value of the home, and aren’t taking out a loan.
Other types of properties we buy in Peculiar, MO include:
- Selling a Home in Pre-Foreclosure
- How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Cash Home Buying Company
- House Buyers
- Cash Home Buyer
Selling a House in Poor Condition in Kansas City, MO | Evervest Home Buyers
Selling a house in poor condition can be a stressful experience, but it doesn’t have to be. Evervest Home Buyers has more than 30 years of experience offering Kansas City, MO homeowners a fast and stress-free home selling experience. Don’t let an old home weigh you down; turn it into a jumping board to the next phase of your life today. To sell your Kansas City, MO home in poor condition, call us at (816) 368-8508 or tell us about your property online.