Selling a House in Poor Condition in North Kansas City, MO
Selling a house in poor condition in North Kansas City, MO. Selling a house that needs major repairs can be daunting. Whether you don’t want to make the minor updates necessary for the traditional market, or are asking yourself if you’re ever going to be able sell a house with considerable asbestos presence, Evervest Home Buyers is here to take your poor condition property off your hands. We pay full value, in cash, for as-is houses in the North Kansas City area, and can close in as little as 30 days. Whatever type of repairs your home needs, we are interested in buying it. If you need to sell a home in poor condition in North Kansas City, MO and want a stress-free solution, call Evervest today at (816) 368-8508 or get your offer through our website.
What is Meant By a Home in “Poor Condition” in North Kansas City, MO?
“Poor condition,” is a subjective term. To some, it may mean a house that is unlivable, to others it may simply mean the windows need to be caulked. Generally, houses in poor condition can be broken down into three categories: houses that are uninhabitable, houses that need significant remodeling, and houses that just need some fine tuning:
- 1. Houses that no one can live in — Sometimes, the damage to a home is so bad that no one can safely live in it. Examples of unlivable houses include:
- 2. Houses that need significant repairs — Other houses habitable, but still have major issues. Houses in need of serious work are houses with:
- Plumbing issues
- Minor electrical issues
- Dying HVAC systems
- Damaged kitchen
- Damaged light fixtures
- Damage to walls, garage, floors, or ceiling
- Damaged chimney
- Small cracks in the foundation
- 3. Houses in need of updating or are other minor patchwork — Some houses aren’t necessarily in bad shape, but could possibly turn traditional buyers off for other reasons:
If you need to sell a house in poor condition in North Kansas City, MO, it will be much harder than selling a house that’s already in pristine shape, but that doesn’t mean it’s completely unsellable.
Selling a House in North Kansas City, MO in Poor Condition? You Have a Few Options
Most home buyers want a house they can envision themselves relaxing in, not one they’ll have to fix up, or pay someone thousands of dollars to fix after the cost they put into the purchase. While selling a home that is already in turnkey condition is easier to a conventional buyer, you still have a few options for selling your North Kansas City, MO house in poor condition:
- Invest in major upgrades — This is how you can get the most money for your property from a traditional buyer. However, the repairs may not add enough value for you to get your money back. A total house renovation will run between $17,942-$78,270. According to research from the national resale averages, most repairs don’t even get a 70% return on investment. For example, the average bathroom remodel costs $27,164, but only adds $15,990 in value to your home. While investing in significant repairs will likely fetch the highest bid for your house, you probably won’t recoup all the money you put into the repairs. The upgrades will also add significant time to the time before your house is ready for the North Kansas City, MO market.
- Make aesthetic upgrades — Another thing you can do is merely make your North Kansas City house look nicer. Curb appeal alone can raise a house’s sale price by 7% or more. The cost of minor upgrades is much cheaper than major repairs:
- $153-$929 for a light fixture
- $161-$363 for new faucets
- $1,2000-$3,900 to repaint a home’s interior
- $350-$3,500 to refinish cabinets
While you also won’t get all that money back, you won’t be spending nearly as much money. The added curb appeal will lead to a higher offer, though not as much as the first option.
- Sell your home “as-is” on the conventional market — There are some conventional buyers who will buy a property as-is with the hope of spending less upfront and slowly repair the house over time. Those will be more difficult to find, and they’ll still want the house to be clean, the grass to be mowed, and that you’ll make the home look nice when they see it. All of that takes additional time and money.
- Sell “as-is” to a cash home buyer — Lastly, you can sell your house to a cash home buyer in North Kansas City, MO. At Evervest, we buy homes in any condition for fair value. Then, we make the repairs ourselves and make a small profit off the resale. Our process is easy and gets money in your pocket in as little as a month:
- We carry out our own inspection
- We give you the highest offer we can while still seeing the property as an investment for ourselves
- If you accept our offer, we can write up a contract and close in just a week
The way we do things puts no pressure on you and gets you fair value for your house. You won’t have to deal with dozens of people looking over your home. The only person you’ll deal with is the person who’s making the purchase. We are discrete and nonjudgmental; you don’t even have to vacuum the carpet when we come over to look at your home.
Our team consists of a professional North Kansas City, MO real estate broker, and a construction crew with over three decades of experience. We are always straightforward to North Kansas City, MO homeowners about how much their property is worth, and how we valued it. We’re don’t get rich off the sale of one property; we do what we do to earn a moderate profit and give North Kansas City families a place to settle down.
If you’re interested in selling your house in poor condition to an as-is home buyer, get in touch with us at (816) 368-8508, or read on to find out more about the cash home buying process.
Selling a House in Poor Condition in North Kansas City, MO: FAQs
31.4% of U.S. home purchases are paid for with cash, according to a Redfin report. While more people may be seeing the value in selling a house in poor condition for cash, most people in North Kansas City, MO who reach out to us still have questions about the process. The following are some of the most frequently asked questions concerning selling a house as-is:
Is the cash home buying process a scam?
The short answer is: sometimes. There are bad people in this world who lie to others for money. But there are no scams involved when you sell to Evervest; we are intent and intentional about our integrity and dedication to our communities. If you have any doubts, you can look at our client testimonials and our A+ score with the Better Business Bureau®. You’ll see proof of funds before any documents are signed, and in over 20 years we have never gone back on a contract because we didn’t abide by its terms.
We’re from the North Kansas City, MO area, and are proud to raise our own kids in the same place. We do not want to be dishonest with any of our neighbors.
How do I know how much my home is really worth as-is?
Our offer will be what we genuinely believe is fair. How much your home is worth will depend on a variety of things, including where in Kansas City, MO it’s located, how big it is, and the cost of making all the repairs. More repairs equals lower value. Still, there are ways to do your own research. There are many web pages, like Zillow, that give approximations of your homes value. You can also consult with a licensed assessor to help you understand how much your home is worth.
Can I sell my house if there’s a lien on it?
Do I get paid in actual cash?
No. While the idea of a suitcase full of cash is nice to think about, we’ll pay you through an electronic transfer into your account. “Cash buyer” means we’re using our own money to pay for the full value of the house, and aren’t won’t be getting a mortgage.
Other types of properties we buy in North Kansas City, MO include:
- Selling a Home in Pre-Foreclosure
- How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Cash Home Buying Company
- House Buyers
- Cash Home Buyer
Selling a House in Poor Condition in Kansas City, MO | Evervest Home Buyers
Selling a house in poor condition can be a bad experience, but we can offer a solution. Evervest Home Buyers has more than 30 years of experience offering Kansas City, MO residents get full value for their properties. Don’t let a damaged house hold you down; turn it into a jumping board to the next phase of your life today. To sell your Kansas City, MO home in poor condition, call us at (816) 368-8508 or get your offer online.