How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs North Kansas City, MO
How to sell a house that needs major repairs in North Kansas City, MO. Do you own a home in North Kansas City that you’re worried is impossible to sell? Does it have asbestos or hail damage, or have an outdated floor plan or decor? Evervest Home Buyers specializes in flipping houses that have serious damage in the North Kansas City, MO area. In our three decades buying and selling houses, we’ve helped over 700 homeowners get rid of homes that needed repairs they couldn’t do themselves. If you want to unload house that needs major repairs, call Evervest Home Buyers today at (816) 368-8508 or reach out through our website.
What it Means to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in North Kansas City, MO
When someone is interested in buying a house, they usually want one in turnkey condition so their North Kansas City, MO family can feel at home. While some might be open to making light cosmetic repairs themselves, or even like the idea of putting their own spin on a home, a traditional home buyer will usually not want to buy a house that’s in horrible shape. They’re already spending a hefty sum of money on the down payment and have monthly mortgage payments to think about. They’re unlikely to want to spend the time and money to make major repairs.
Serious damage that we often see in North Kansas City, MO include:
- Condemned properties
- Fire or water damage
- Lead or asbestos
- Plumbing issues
- Wind or hail damage
- A foundation that’s starting to crack
- Termite damage
- Holes in the roof or floor
Other problems that can make a house “unsellable” to most prospective home buyers include bad odors, little natural light, bad architecture like a poor floor plan, a house that’s unstaged, or even outdated properties that have bad decor like ugly carpets.
What Causes the Need for Major Repairs in North Kansas City, MO?
Properties, like musical instruments, need to be maintained and require minor upkeep from time to time. When that doesn’t happen, maybe in the event that a house was vacant for a long time or the house was inherited from a family member who couldn’t properly take care of it. Minor damage can become become exacerbated and cause serious damage.
If you were renting the home, maybe it was lived in by irresponsible tenants who did serious damage. As we’ve seen recently with flooding in the St. Louis area, natural events can tragically cause damage to a home as well.
What You Can Do to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in North Kansas City, MO
If you want to sell a house in North Kansas City, MO that needs major repairs, you typically have three choices:
- Make the repairs yourself — While many people in North Kansas City, MO are able to fix a cabinet door, major repairs such as fire damage can often only be repaired safely and successfully by professionals. Even if you have extensive construction experience yourself, you would spend much of the potential profit from selling the house on materials, which is even harder to stomach in today’s economy as the cost of many commodities such as lumber is still fluctuating.
- Hire contractors to deal with the damage — You can enlist the services of outside contractors to handle the major repairs for you, but again that will take away from how much money you’ll get from the sale. replacing an entire roof can cost anywhere from $5,500 to $11,000, while a complete kitchen remodel can cost up to $33,000. Even when enlisting the services of a professional, the cost vs. value of most repairs does not yield a full return on investment.
- Sell your house “as-is” — As-is house buyers do not typically look for turnkey properties. They usually buy houses they can repair themselves and later sell for more money. While you won’t sell an as-is house for as much as you would if it was in perfect shape, you’ll save tens of thousands of dollars, months of construction crews and labor, and the convoluted process of the traditional market.
With the first two options, you’ll also have to pay for hiring other people to carry out an inspection, pay a realtor fee, and endure months or even years before the house is ready to be listed and you find someone to buy it.
Why Choose Evervest Home Buyers to Sell Your House As-Is in North Kansas City, MO
Our North Kansas City, MO cash home buyers are straightforward and discreet. Regardless of the condition your home is in or what neighborhood it’s in, we want to discuss it. Our team includes a licensed Real Estate Broker and has been buying and repairing houses for more than three decades. We see ourselves as more than mere house flippers. We are home investors that take pride in being part of our North Kansas City, MO communities and using our skills to improve them.
Our home buying process in North Kansas City, MO is stress-free:
We carry out an inspection ourselves and the only person you’ll be dealing with is the one making the purchase on your home. For our inspections, we don’t even ask that you vacuum the carpet before we arrive, and you can leave any unwanted objects or faulty appliances when you go.
We can complete the purchase your house in as little as 30 days. We will always be straightforward about how much your home is worth and give offers we think you’ll feel good about. Our goal is to offer you the most amount of money we can for your North Kansas City, MO property while still seeing it as an investment for ourselves. In our 30 years of experience, we have never written a contract that we didn’t close on because we backed out of the deal spelled out in the contract.
Click on the links below to discover the other types of properties we buy on North Kansas City, MO:
- Selling a Home in Pre-Foreclosure
- Selling a House in Poor Condition
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Cash Home Buying Company
- House Buyers
- Cash Home Buyer
North Kansas City, MO As-Is House Buyers | Evervest Home Buyers
When you want to sell a house that needs major repairs, it’s important to find someone trustworthy. We have a Five-Star rating with the Better Business Bureau®, and you can take a look at our client testimonials to see how we’ve helped other North Kansas City, MO residents move on from an unwanted properties. Get in touch with us today at (816) 368-8508 or reach out through our website so you never have to worry about selling a house with major repairs again.