How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs Dallas County, MO
How to sell a house that needs major repairs in Dallas County, MO. Do you have a house in Dallas County that needs serious repairs before it goes on the traditional housing market? Has it sustained mold or fire damage, or have a cracked foundation? Evervest Home Buyers specializes in repairing homes that need major repairs in the Dallas County, MO area. To date, we’ve helped over 700 individuals and families get rid of properties they felt were holding them back. If you have an unwanted house that needs major repairs, get in touch with Evervest Home Buyers today at (417) 815-3889 or reach out through our website.
What it Means to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Dallas County, MO
Most prospective home buyers are looking for one in turnkey condition so their Dallas County, MO family can feel at home. While some might be open to making light cosmetic repairs themselves, or even like the idea of putting their own spin on a home, a traditional home buyer will usually not be interested in a house that’s in horrible shape. They’re already spending a hefty sum of money on the down payment and have monthly mortgage payments to make. The idea of added expenses of hiring somebody, or the time it would take to do the repairs themselves, is unappealing.
Common serious damage in Dallas County, MO include:
- Condemned properties
- Fire or water damage
- Lead or asbestos
- Plumbing issues
- Wind or hail damage
- A foundation that’s starting to crack
- Termite damage
- Holes in the roof or floor
Other issues that can make a house “unsellable” to a traditional buyer include unpleasant smells, limited natural light, poor architecture like a poor floor plan, a home that’s cluttered, or even homes that are outmoded that have unappealing decor like old appliances.
What Causes the Need for Major Repairs in Dallas County, MO?
Properties, like cars, can suffer from wear and tear and need to have slight damage fixed whenever it emerges. When that doesn’t happen, such as if the property was vacant for a long time or you inherited the home from a loved one who couldn’t properly take care of it. Minor damage can become become exacerbated and cause serious damage.
If the home was a rental property, maybe it was lived in by bad tenants who did serious damage. In situations like what happened recently with flooding in Greater St. Louis, natural disasters can tragically cause damage to a home as well.
Options for Selling a House That Needs Major Repairs in Dallas County, MO
If your Dallas County, MO home needs major repairs, you typically have three options:
- Make the repairs yourself — While many Dallas County, MO homeowners can figure out how to install a new carpet, major repairs such as mold damage can often only be repaired safely and successfully by professionals. Even if you consider yourself an expert handy-person, you would spend much of the potential profit from selling the house on materials, when the cost of many construction essentials such as lumber is still not down to pre-COVID levels.
- Hire someone to repair the house for you — You can enlist the services of experts to repair the damage for you, but again that will take away from any profit you’d make by selling on the traditional market. replacing an entire roof can cost over $8,000, according to the national average, while a complete kitchen remodel can cost up to $33,000. Even when improvements are professionally done, the cost vs. value of most remodeling jobs does not give a full return on investment.
- Sell your house “as-is” — As-is house buyers do not typically look for properties that are in turnkey condition. They typically look for homes they can repair themselves and later sell for a higher amount. While you won’t sell an as-is property for as much as you would if it was in perfect shape, you’ll save tens of thousands of dollars, months of construction crews and labor, and the convoluted process of trying to find a traditional house buyer.
If you don’t sell the house as-is, you’ll also have to pay for third-party inspectors and appraisers, pay a realtor fee, and endure months or even years to repair everything and find a buyer.
Why Choose Evervest Home Buyers to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Dallas County, MO
Our Dallas County, MO cash home buyers are honest and non-judgmental. Whatever what damage your home has sustained or where it’s located, we want to discuss it. Our team is composed of a licensed Real Estate Broker and has over three decades of construction experience. We consider ourselves to be more than mere house flippers. We invest in homes and in our Dallas County, MO neighborhoods.
Our home buying process in Dallas County, MO is pain-free:
We conduct an inspection ourselves and do not use an outside realtor. When we do our inspection, we don’t even ask that you wash the dishes before we arrive, and you can leave any unwanted objects or faulty appliances when you go.
We can complete the purchase your house in as little as a month. We will always be direct about the value of your home and give offers we think you’ll feel good about. Our goal is to offer you the most amount of money possible for your Dallas County, MO property while still having it make financial sense for us. In our 30 years of experience, we have never written a contract that we didn’t close on because we backed out of the deal spelled out in the contract.
Check out the links below to see the other services we offer on Dallas County, MO:
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Cash Home Buying Company
- House Buyers
How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Dallas County, MO | Evervest Home Buyers
When you want to sell a house that needs major repairs, it’s important to find someone trustworthy. We are proud to have a perfect rating with the Better Business Bureau®, and you can take a look at our client testimonials to see what our previous Dallas County, MO clients think about us. Get in touch with us today at (417) 815-3889 or reach out through our website so you never have to worry about selling a house with major repairs again.