How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs Webster Groves, MO
How to sell a house that needs major repairs in Webster Groves, MO. Are in possession a home in Webster Groves that you’re worried is impossible to sell? Has it sustained mold or fire damage, or have low ceilings? Evervest Home Buyers specializes in repairing houses that need major repairs in the Webster Groves, MO area. To date, we’ve helped over 700 individuals and families get rid of properties that had too much damage for them to fix themselves. If you have an unwanted house that needs major repairs, get in touch with Evervest Home Buyers today at (314) 730-0366 or contact us online.
How Easy Is It to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Webster Groves, MO?
Most people in the market to buy a house are looking for one in turnkey condition so their Webster Groves, MO family can feel at home. While some may be OK with repainting the walls, almost nobody on the traditional market will be interested in a house with serious damage. They just dedicated a considerable amount of money when closing and have a mortgage to pay for monthly. They’re unlikely to want to make the extra investment of repairing the damage themselves.
Major repairs needed that we often see in Webster Groves, MO include:
- Condemned properties
- Fire or water damage
- Lead or asbestos
- Plumbing issues
- Wind or hail damage
- A foundation that’s starting to crack
- Termite damage
- Holes in the roof or floor
Other issues that can make a house difficult to sell to a traditional buyer include bad smells, limited natural light, poor design like a poor floor plan, a house that wasn’t staged to appeal to home buyers, or even outdated properties that have unsightly decor like ugly carpets.
What Causes the Need for Major Repairs in Webster Groves, MO?
Properties, like cars, can suffer from wear and tear and require minor upkeep from time to time. When that doesn’t happen, such as if the house was vacant for a long time or the house was inherited from a loved one who wasn’t physically able to stick with the upkeep. Those minor nicks and scratches can become significant issues.
If you were renting the home, maybe it was rented irresponsible tenants who did serious damage. As we’ve seen recently with the historic floods in Greater St. Louis, natural events can quickly cause damage to a house as well.
How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Webster Groves, MO
If you want to sell a house in Webster Groves, MO that needs major repairs, you typically have three options:
- Make the repairs yourself — While many Webster Groves, MO residents can figure out how to fix a loose shower head, major repairs such as asbestos damage can often only be repaired safely and successfully by professionals. Even if you have extensive construction experience yourself, you would spend much of the potential profit from selling the house on materials, which is even harder to stomach in today’s economy as the price of many construction essentials such as lumber is still fluctuating.
- Hire someone to repair the house for you — You can enlist the services of experts to repair the damage for you, but again that will take away from any profit you’d make by selling the house. replacing an entire roof can cost anywhere from $5,500 to $11,000, while a complete kitchen remodel can cost $20,000 to $50,000. Even when improvements are professionally done, you do not get a full return on investment with most repairs.
- Sell your house “as-is” — As-is house buyers do not necessarily look to buy turnkey properties. They usually buy houses that need a fair amount of repairs, so they can make a profit when they resell it. While the sale itself won’t be as high as if the house was fully repaired, you’ll save tens of thousands of dollars, months of construction crews and labor, and the convoluted process of trying to find a traditional house buyer.
With the first two options, you’ll have the added expenses of hiring other people to carry out an inspection, give a realtor 6% of whatever you end up selling the house for, and endure months or even years to repair everything and find a buyer.
Why Choose Evervest Home Buyers to Sell Your House As-Is in Webster Groves, MO
Our Webster Groves, MO cash home buyers are direct and non-judgmental. Regardless of what repairs your house needs or what neighborhood it’s in, we can take it off your hands. Our team includes a licensed Real Estate Broker and has been buying and repairing houses for over three decades. We see ourselves as more than just house flippers. We are home investors that take pride in being part of our Webster Groves, MO communities and using our skills to improve them.
Our home buying process in Webster Groves, MO is pain-free:
We carry out an inspection ourselves and do not use an outside realtor. For our inspections, you don’t even have to vacuum the carpet before we arrive, and we’ll even take any possessions that you don’t want.
We can close on your property as quickly as 30 days. We will always be straightforward about how much your home is worth and give offers we think you’ll feel good about. Our goal is to offer you the most amount of money possible for your Webster Groves, MO property while still having it make financial sense for us. In our 30 years of experience, we have never written a contract that we didn’t close on due to us backing out of the deal spelled out in the contract.
Click on the links below to discover the other types of properties we buy on Webster Groves, MO:
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Sell My House As-Is
- Sell My House For Cash
- Sell My Probate House
- Sell My As-Is House
- Sell My Outdated House
- Sell My Inherited House in Greater St. Louis
- Sell Your House Fast
- How to Sell Your House
- Sell My Home Preforeclosure
- Sell My Home Now
- Rental Property Buyer
- Cash Home Buying Company
- Investment Property Buyers
- Foreclosed House Buyer
- House Buying Company
- Fast House Buyer
- Probate House Buyer
- Condemned Property Buyer
- House Buyers
- Property Buyers
- Cash Home Buyer
- We Buy Houses in Greater St. Louis
Webster Groves, MO As-Is House Buyers | Evervest Home Buyers
When you’re selling a house that needs major repairs, it’s important to find someone who won’t try to lowball you. We have a Five-Star rating with the Better Business Bureau®, and you can check out our client testimonials to see how we’ve helped other Webster Groves, MO residents get rid of an unwanted properties. Call us today at (314) 730-0366 or reach out through our website so you never have to worry about selling a house with major repairs again.