How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs Lake Lotawana, MO
How to sell a house that needs major repairs in Lake Lotawana, MO. Do you have a house in Lake Lotawana that needs serious repairs before it goes on the conventional housing market? Does it have mold or wind damage, or have uneven floors? Evervest Home Buyers specializes in flipping homes that have serious damage in the Lake Lotawana, MO area. In our 30 years of experience, we’ve helped over 700 people move on from properties they no longer wanted. If you need to sell house that needs major repairs, get in touch with Evervest Home Buyers today at (816) 368-8508 or contact us online.
How Difficult Is It to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Lake Lotawana, MO?
When someone is interested in buying a house, they usually are looking for a place where they can move in and immediately feel like they have a welcoming home for their Lake Lotawana, MO family. While some might be open to making light cosmetic repairs themselves, or even like the idea of putting their own spin on a home, a traditional home buyer will usually not be interested in a house that needs major repairs. They just dedicated a considerable amount of money when closing and have monthly mortgage payments to make. The idea of added expenses of paying contractors, or the months it would take to make all the repairs themselves, is unappealing.
Serious damage that we have experience with in Lake Lotawana, MO include:
- Condemned properties
- Fire or water damage
- Lead or asbestos
- Plumbing issues
- Wind or hail damage
- A foundation that’s starting to crack
- Termite damage
- Holes in the roof or floor
Other issues that can make a house almost impossible to sell to the majority of potential home buyers include bad smells, limited natural light, poor design like a poor floor plan, a home that wasn’t staged right for showing, or even homes that are out of fashion that have bad furnishing like ugly carpets.
What Causes the Need for Major Repairs in Lake Lotawana, MO?
Houses, like musical instruments, need to be maintained and require minor repairs from time to time. When that doesn’t happen, such as if the property was vacant for years or you inherited the home from a family member who couldn’t properly take care of it. Minor damage can become become exacerbated and cause serious damage.
If you were renting the home, maybe it was lived in by difficult tenants who trashed the placed. As we’ve seen recently with the historic floods in Greater St. Louis, natural events can tragically cause damage to a house as well.
Options for Selling a House That Needs Major Repairs in Lake Lotawana, MO
If you want to sell a house in Lake Lotawana, MO that needs major repairs, you can take one of three options:
- Fix up your house yourself — While many Lake Lotawana, MO homeowners are able to fix a loose shower head, major repairs such as termite damage need to be handled by professionals in order to do so safely. Even if you consider yourself an expert handy-man or woman, much of what you might make by selling the house in turnkey condition would be lost in materials, when the cost of many materials such as lumber is still not down to pre-COVID levels.
- Hire someone to repair the house for you — You can hire experts to repair the damage for you, but again that will eat into how much money you’ll get from the sale. replacing an entire roof can cost over $8,000, according to the national average, while a full kitchen remodel can cost up to $33,000. Even when improvements are professionally done, the cost vs. value of most repairs does not yield a full return on investment.
- Sell your house “as-is” — As-is house buyers do not necessarily look to buy homes that are in turnkey condition. They typically look for homes they can repair themselves and later sell for more money. While you won’t sell an as-is home for as much as you would if it was in turnkey shape, you’ll save tens of thousands of dollars, months of construction crews and labor, and the convoluted process of trying to find a traditional house buyer.
If you don’t sell the home as-is, you’ll also have to pay for third-party inspectors and appraisers, give a realtor 6% of the final sale, and wait months or even years before the house is ready to be listed and you find someone to buy it.
Why Choose Evervest Home Buyers to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Lake Lotawana, MO
Our Lake Lotawana, MO cash home buyers are straightforward and considerate. Regardless of what repairs your house needs or where it’s located, we want to discuss it. Our team includes a licensed Real Estate Broker and has been in the construction business for more than three decades. We see ourselves as more than mere house flippers. We invest in homes and in our Lake Lotawana, MO communities.
We make the home buying process as pain-free as possible with four easy steps:
We carry out our own inspections and do not use an outside realtor. For our inspections, we don’t even ask that you tidy up before we come over, and we’ll even take any possessions that you don’t want.
We can complete the purchase your house as quickly as a month. We will always be straightforward about how much your home is worth and give offers we think you’ll feel good about. Our objective is to give you as much as possible for your Lake Lotawana, MO property while still being able to have a profit margin ourselves in the future. In our 30 years of experience, we have never written a contract that we didn’t close on due to us backing out of the deal spelled out in the contract.
Check out the links below to discover the other services we offer on Lake Lotawana, MO:
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Cash Home Buying Company
- House Buyers
Selling a Property That Needs Major Repairs in Lake Lotawana, MO | Evervest Home Buyers
When you’re selling a house that needs major repairs, it’s important to find someone trustworthy. We are proud to have a Five-Star rating with the Better Business Bureau®, and you can check out our client testimonials to see how we’ve helped other Lake Lotawana, MO residents move on from properties that needed serious repairs. Get in touch with us today at (816) 368-8508 or contact us online so you never have to worry about selling a house with major repairs again.