How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs City of Columbia, MO
How to sell a house that needs major repairs in City of Columbia, MO. Do you have a house in City of Columbia that you’re worried is impossible to sell? Has it sustained termite or hail damage, or have an outdated floor plan or decor? Evervest Home Buyers specializes in fixing up houses that have serious damage in the City of Columbia, MO area. To date, we’ve helped over 700 homeowners move on from homes they no longer wanted. If you have an unwanted house that needs major repairs, get in touch with Evervest Home Buyers today at (573) 367-5767 or contact us online.
What it Means to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in City of Columbia, MO
Most people in the market to buy a house want one in turnkey condition so their City of Columbia, MO family can feel at home. While some might be open to making light cosmetic repairs themselves, or even like the idea of putting their own spin on a home, a traditional home buyer will usually not be interested in a house with serious damage. They’re already making a significant investment when closing and have monthly mortgage payments to think about. They’re unlikely to want to spend the time and money to make major repairs.
Serious damage that we have experience with in City of Columbia, MO include:
- Condemned properties
- Fire or water damage
- Lead or asbestos
- Plumbing issues
- Wind or hail damage
- A foundation that’s starting to crack
- Termite damage
- Holes in the roof or floor
Other issues that can make a home “unsellable” to the majority of potential home buyers include bad smells, limited natural light, bad design like low ceilings, a home that wasn’t staged right for showing, or even outdated properties that have unsightly furnishing like ugly carpets.
What Causes the Need for Major Repairs in City of Columbia, MO?
Houses, like musical instruments, need to be maintained and require minor repairs annually. When that doesn’t happen, such as if the property was vacant for years or the house was inherited from a loved one who couldn’t properly take care of it. Those minor nicks and scratches can become become exacerbated and turn into more serious damage.
If the home was a rental property, maybe it was lived in by difficult tenants who did not treat the propert well. In situations like what happened recently with flooding in Greater St. Louis, weather events can tragically cause damage to a home as well.
How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in City of Columbia, MO
If your City of Columbia, MO home needs major repairs, you can take one of three choices:
- Fix up your house yourself — While many City of Columbia, MO homeowners are able to paint walls, major repairs such as termite damage can often only be repaired safely and successfully by professionals. Even if you consider yourself an expert handy-person, much of what you might make by selling the house fully repaired would be lost in materials, when the price of many construction essentials such as lumber is still fluctuating.
- Hire contractors to make the repairs — You can hire experts to take care of the major repairs for you, but again that will eat into how much money you’ll get from the sale. replacing an entire roof can cost over $8,000, according to the national average, while redoing an entire kitchen can cost $22,000, according to the national average. Even when improvements are professionally done, you do not get a full return on investment with most repairs.
- Sell your house “as-is” — As-is house buyers are not usually interested in houses that are in turnkey condition. They usually buy houses that need a fair amount of repairs, and drive their business of the slight profit they get when they resell it. While you won’t sell an as-is home for as much as you would if it was in turnkey condition, you’ll save tens of thousands of dollars, months of construction crews and labor, and the stress of trying to find a traditional house buyer.
With the first two options, you’ll have the added costs of hiring other people to carry out an inspection, pay a realtor fee, and endure months or even years to repair everything and find a buyer.
Why Choose Evervest Home Buyers to Sell Your House As-Is in City of Columbia, MO
Our City of Columbia, MO cash home buyers are straightforward and non-judgmental. Regardless of what repairs your property needs or what neighborhood it’s in, we can take it off your hands. Our team includes a licensed Real Estate Broker and has more than three decades of construction experience. We see ourselves as more than mere house flippers. We invest in homes and in our City of Columbia, MO communities.
Our home buying process in City of Columbia, MO is pain-free:
We conduct our own inspections and the only person you’ll be dealing with is the one buying your property. When we do our inspection, you don’t even have to pick up the socks off the floor before we come over, and we’ll even take any possessions that you don’t want.
We can complete the purchase your home as quickly as a month. We are always honest about how much your home is worth and give offers we think you’ll feel good about. Our objective is to give you as much as we can for your City of Columbia, MO property while still having it make financial sense for us. In the entire time we’ve been in business, we have never backed out of contract because we didn’t fulfill its terms.
Click on the links below to see the other types of houses we buy on City of Columbia, MO:
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Cash Home Buying Company
- House Buyers
Selling a Property That Needs Major Repairs in City of Columbia, MO | Evervest Home Buyers
When you’re selling a house that needs major repairs, it’s important to find someone who won’t try to lowball you. We are proud to have a Five-Star rating with the Better Business Bureau®, and you can check out our client testimonials to see how we’ve helped other City of Columbia, MO residents get rid of properties that needed serious repairs. Call us today at (573) 367-5767 or contact us online so you never have to worry about selling a house with major repairs again.