How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs Black Jack, MO
How to sell a house that needs major repairs in Black Jack, MO. Are in possession a house in Black Jack that needs serious repairs before it goes on the conventional housing market? Has it sustained termite or flooding damage, or have a cracked foundation? Evervest Home Buyers specializes in giving fair and fast offers for homes that need major repairs in the Black Jack, MO area. In our three decades buying and selling houses, we’ve helped over 700 homeowners move on from houses that had too much damage for them to fix themselves. If you want to unload house that needs major repairs, call Evervest Home Buyers today at (314) 730-0366 or reach out through our website.
How Hard Is It to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Black Jack, MO?
When someone is interested in buying a house, they usually are looking for one in turnkey condition so their Black Jack, MO family can feel at home. While some might be open to making light cosmetic repairs themselves, or even like the idea of putting their own spin on a home, a traditional home buyer will usually not want to buy a house that needs major repairs. They’re already making a significant investment on the down payment and have monthly mortgage payments to keep in mind. The idea of added costs of hiring somebody, or the time it would take to make all the repairs themselves, does not attract many buyers.
Major repairs needed that we have experience with in Black Jack, MO include:
- Condemned properties
- Fire or water damage
- Lead or asbestos
- Plumbing issues
- Wind or hail damage
- A foundation that’s starting to crack
- Termite damage
- Holes in the roof or floor
Other problems that can make a property difficult to sell to most prospective home buyers include bad odors, limited natural light, poor construction like low ceilings, a house that wasn’t staged to appeal to home buyers, or even outdated properties that have unsightly furnishing like old appliances.
What Causes the Need for Major Repairs in Black Jack, MO?
Homes, like musical instruments, need to be maintained and require minor repairs annually. When minor fixes aren’t taken care of, maybe in the event that a home was vacant for months or years or you inherited the home from a family member who wasn’t physically able to stick with the upkeep. Minor damage can become serious problems.
If you were renting the home, maybe it was rented bad tenants who did serious damage. In situations like what happened recently with flooding in the St. Louis area, weather events can quickly cause damage to a house as well.
How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Black Jack, MO
If you want to sell a house in Black Jack, MO that needs major repairs, you can take one of three choices:
- Fix up your house yourself — While many Black Jack, MO residents can figure out how to paint walls, major repairs such as water damage can often only be repaired safely and successfully by professionals. Even if you consider yourself an expert handy-man or woman, much of what you might make by selling the house in turnkey condition would be lost in materials, which is even harder to stomach in today’s economy as the cost of many materials such as lumber is still fluctuating.
- Hire someone to repair the house for you — You can enlist the services of outside contractors to take care of the major repairs for you, but again that will eat into any profit you’d make by selling the house. replacing an entire roof can cost up to $11,000, while redoing an entire kitchen can cost $20,000 to $50,000. Even when improvements are professionally done, you do not get a full return on investment with most repairs.
- Sell your house “as-is” — As-is house buyers do not typically look for turnkey properties. They usually buy houses that need a fair amount of repairs, and drive their business of the slight profit they get when they resell it. While you won’t sell an as-is house for as much as you would if it was in perfect condition, you’ll save tens of thousands of dollars, months of construction crews and labor, and the stress of trying to find a traditional house buyer.
With the first two options, you’ll have the added expenses of hiring other people to carry out an inspection, give a realtor 6% of the final sale, and wait months or even years before the house is ready to be listed and you find someone to buy it.
Why Choose Evervest Home Buyers to Sell Your House As-Is in Black Jack, MO
Our Black Jack, MO cash home buyers are straightforward and discreet. Whatever what repairs your property needs or where it’s located, we can take it off your hands. Our team is made up of a licensed Real Estate Broker and has been buying and repairing houses for over three decades. We consider ourselves to be more than mere house flippers. We are home investors that take pride in being part of our Black Jack, MO communities and using our skills to improve them.
Our home buying process in Black Jack, MO is pain-free:
We perform an inspection ourselves and you will only directly talk to the person buying your house. For our inspections, we don’t even ask that you pick up the socks off the floor before we arrive, and you can leave any unwanted objects or faulty appliances when you go.
We can close on your property as quickly as a month. We are always honest about how much your home is worth and give offers we think you’ll feel good about. Our objective is to give you as much as possible for your Black Jack, MO property while still seeing it as an investment for ourselves. In the entire time we’ve been in business, we have never written a contract that we didn’t close on due to us backing out of the deal agreed to.
Click on the links below to discover the other services we offer on Black Jack, MO:
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Sell My House As-Is
- Sell My House For Cash
- Sell My Probate House
- Sell My As-Is House
- Sell My Outdated House
- Sell My Inherited House in Greater St. Louis
- Sell Your House Fast
- How to Sell Your House
- Sell My Home Preforeclosure
- Sell My Home Now
- Rental Property Buyer
- Cash Home Buying Company
- Investment Property Buyers
- Foreclosed House Buyer
- House Buying Company
- Fast House Buyer
- Probate House Buyer
- Condemned Property Buyer
- House Buyers
- Property Buyers
- Cash Home Buyer
- We Buy Houses in Greater St. Louis
Selling a Property That Needs Major Repairs in Black Jack, MO | Evervest Home Buyers
When you want to sell a house that needs major repairs, it’s important to find someone who will pay you the full value of your Black Jack property. We are proud to have a perfect rating with the Better Business Bureau®, and you can check out our client testimonials to see what our previous Black Jack, MO clients think about us. Get in touch with us today at (314) 730-0366 or contact us online so you never have to worry about selling a house with major repairs again.