How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs Sparta, MO
How to sell a house that needs major repairs in Sparta, MO. Do you have a property in Sparta that needs serious repairs before it goes on the conventional housing market? Does it have mold or wind damage, or have a cracked foundation? Evervest Home Buyers specializes in repairing houses that need major repairs in the Sparta, MO area. In our three decades buying and selling houses, we’ve helped over 700 people get rid of properties they no longer wanted. If you want to unload house that needs major repairs, get in touch with Evervest Home Buyers today at (417) 815-3889 or reach out through our website.
How Difficult Is It to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Sparta, MO?
Most people in the market to buy a house are looking for one in turnkey condition so their Sparta, MO family can feel at home. While some may be OK with repainting the walls, a traditional home buyer will usually not want to buy a house that needs major repairs. They’re already making a significant investment on the down payment and have monthly mortgage payments to keep in mind. The idea of added costs of paying contractors, or the time it would take to make all the repairs themselves, does not attract many buyers.
Common serious damage in Sparta, MO include:
- Condemned properties
- Fire or water damage
- Lead or asbestos
- Plumbing issues
- Wind or hail damage
- A foundation that’s starting to crack
- Termite damage
- Holes in the roof or floor
Other issues that can make a property almost impossible to sell to a traditional buyer include unpleasant odors, little natural light, poor construction like a poor floor plan, a house that wasn’t staged to appeal to home buyers, or even outdated properties that have unappealing furnishing like old appliances.
What Causes the Need for Major Repairs in Sparta, MO?
Homes, like cars, need to be maintained and require minor upkeep annually. When slight damage isn’t taken care of, maybe in the event that a property was vacant for a long time or you inherited the home from a loved one who wasn’t physically able to stick with the upkeep. Those minor nicks and scratches can become significant problems.
If you were renting the home, maybe it was lived in by bad tenants who trashed the placed. As we’ve seen recently with flooding in the St. Louis area, natural events can quickly cause damage to a home as well.
Options for Selling a House That Needs Major Repairs in Sparta, MO
If you want to sell a house in Sparta, MO that needs major repairs, you can take one of three choices:
- Fix up your house yourself — While many Sparta, MO residents can learn how to fix a loose shower head, major repairs such as asbestos damage can often only be repaired safely and successfully by professionals. Even if you consider yourself an expert handy-person, you would spend much of the potential profit from selling the house on materials, which is even harder to stomach in today’s economy as the price of many materials such as lumber is still fluctuating.
- Hire someone to make the repairs — You can hire experts to repair the damage for you, but, like like the previous option, that will take away from how much money you’ll get from the sale. replacing an entire roof can cost anywhere from $5,500 to $11,000, while a full kitchen remodel can cost up to $33,000. Even when hiring a professional, you do not get a full return on investment with most repairs.
- Sell your house “as-is” — As-is house buyers are not usually interested in turnkey properties. They typically look for homes they can repair themselves and later sell for more money. While you won’t sell an as-is home for as much as you would if it was in perfect shape, you’ll save tens of thousands of dollars, months of construction crews and labor, and the convoluted process of the traditional market.
With the first two options, you’ll have the added costs of third-party inspectors and appraisers, give a real estate agent their percentage of the sale, and endure months or even years to repair everything and find a buyer.
Why Choose Evervest Home Buyers to Sell Your House As-Is in Sparta, MO
Our Sparta, MO cash home buyers are direct and considerate. Whatever the condition your home is in or what neighborhood it’s in, we can take it off your hands. Our team is made up of a licensed Real Estate Broker and has been buying and repairing houses for over three decades. We consider ourselves to be more than just house flippers. We are home investors that take pride in helping the same Sparta, MO neighborhoods we were raised in improve.
Our home buying process in Sparta, MO is simple:
We conduct our own inspections and the only person you’ll be dealing with is the one buying your property. For our inspections, you don’t even have to pick up the socks off the floor before we come over, and we’ll even take any objects that you don’t want.
We can complete the purchase your home as quickly as 30 days. We are always honest about how much your home is worth and give fair, all-cash offers. Our objective is to offer you the most amount of money we can for your Sparta, MO property while still having it make financial sense for us. In our 30 years of experience, we have never written a contract that we didn’t close on because we backed out of the deal spelled out in the contract.
Check out the links below to see the other services we offer on Sparta, MO:
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Cash Home Buying Company
- House Buyers
Selling a Property That Needs Major Repairs in Sparta, MO | Evervest Home Buyers
When you want to sell a house that needs major repairs, it’s important to find someone trustworthy. We have a Five-Star rating with the Better Business Bureau®, and you can check out our client testimonials to see what our previous Sparta, MO clients think about us. Call us today at (417) 815-3889 or reach out through our website so you never have to worry about selling a house with major repairs again.