How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs Battlefield, MO
How to sell a house that needs major repairs in Battlefield, MO. Are in possession a home in Battlefield that you’re worried is impossible to sell? Does it have asbestos or hail damage, or have uneven floors? Evervest Home Buyers specializes in flipping homes that have serious damage in the Battlefield, MO area. In our three decades buying and selling houses, we’ve helped over 700 individuals and families get rid of homes they felt were holding them back. If you need to sell house that needs major repairs, call Evervest Home Buyers today at (417) 815-3889 or reach out through our website.
What it Means to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Battlefield, MO
When someone is interested in buying a house, they usually are looking for a place where they can move in and immediately feel like they have a comfortable home for their Battlefield, MO family. While some might be open to making light cosmetic repairs themselves, or even like the idea of putting their own spin on a home, a traditional home buyer will usually not be interested in a house that needs major repairs. They’re already making a significant investment when closing and have monthly mortgage payments to make. The idea of added expenses of hiring somebody, or the months it would take to handle the repairs themselves, is unappealing.
Major repairs needed that we have experience with in Battlefield, MO include:
- Condemned properties
- Fire or water damage
- Lead or asbestos
- Plumbing issues
- Wind or hail damage
- A foundation that’s starting to crack
- Termite damage
- Holes in the roof or floor
Other problems that can make a property almost impossible to sell to a traditional buyer include bad odors, restricted natural light, bad architecture like a poor floor plan, a house that’s cluttered, or even homes that are out of fashion that have unsightly decor like old appliances.
Why Do Some Battlefield, MO Homes Need Major Repairs?
Homes, like musical instruments, need to be maintained and require minor upkeep annually. When that doesn’t happen, such as if the property was vacant for months or years or the house was inherited from a loved one who couldn’t properly take care of it. Minor damage can become serious problems.
If you were renting the home, maybe you had difficult tenants who did not treat the propert well. As we’ve seen recently with the historic floods in Greater St. Louis, natural disasters can cause major damage in no time.
Options for Selling a House That Needs Major Repairs in Battlefield, MO
If you want to sell a house in Battlefield, MO that needs major repairs, you typically have three choices:
- Fix up your house yourself — While many Battlefield, MO residents can learn how to fix a loose shower head, major repairs such as water damage can often only be repaired safely and successfully by professionals. Even if you’re confident in your abilities, much of what you might make by selling the house in turnkey condition would be lost in materials, which is even harder to stomach in today’s economy as the price of many materials such as wood is still not down to pre-COVID levels.
- Hire contractors to make the repairs — You can hire professionals to repair the damage for you, but, like like the previous option, that will take away from how much money you’ll get from the sale. A roof replacement can cost over $8,000, according to the national average, while a complete kitchen remodel can cost up to $33,000. Even when improvements are professionally done, the cost vs. value of most remodeling jobs does not yield a full return on investment.
- Sell your house “as-is” — As-is house buyers do not typically look for turnkey properties. They usually buy houses that need a fair amount of repairs, and drive their business of the slight profit they get when they resell it. While you won’t sell an as-is home for as much as you would if it was in perfect condition, you’ll save tens of thousands of dollars, hundreds of labor hours, and the convoluted process of the conventional market.
If you don’t sell the property as-is, you’ll also have to pay for hiring other people to carry out an inspection, pay a realtor fee, and wait months or even years to repair everything and find a buyer.
Why Choose Evervest Home Buyers to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Battlefield, MO
Our Battlefield, MO cash home buyers are straightforward and considerate. Regardless of what damage your house has sustained or what neighborhood it’s in, we are interested in purchasing it. Our team is made up of a licensed Real Estate Broker and has more than three decades of construction experience. We consider ourselves to be more than just house flippers. We invest in homes and in our Battlefield, MO neighborhoods.
We make the home buying process as easy as we can with four easy steps:
We conduct our own inspections and you will only directly talk to the person buying your house. When we do our inspection, we don’t even ask that you tidy up before we arrive, and you can leave any unwanted objects or faulty appliances when you go.
We can close on your house as quickly as 30 days. We will always be direct about how much your home is worth and give offers we think you’ll feel good about. Our goal is to give you as much as possible for your Battlefield, MO property while still having it make financial sense for us. In our 30 years of experience, we have never written a contract that we didn’t close on due to us backing out of the deal agreed to.
Check out the links below to discover the other types of properties we buy on Battlefield, MO:
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Cash Home Buying Company
- House Buyers
Selling a Property That Needs Major Repairs in Battlefield, MO | Evervest Home Buyers
When you want to sell a house that needs major repairs, it’s important to find someone who will pay you the full value of your Battlefield property. We have a Five-Star rating with the Better Business Bureau®, and you can read our client testimonials to see how we’ve helped other Battlefield, MO residents get rid of an unwanted properties. Get in touch with us today at (417) 815-3889 or contact us online so you never have to worry about selling a house with major repairs again.