How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs Bolivar, MO
How to sell a house that needs major repairs in Bolivar, MO. Are in possession a house in Bolivar that you’re worried is impossible to sell? Has it sustained termite or fire damage, or have a cracked foundation? Evervest Home Buyers specializes in flipping homes that need major repairs in the Bolivar, MO area. In our 30 years buying and selling houses, we’ve helped over 700 people get rid of homes they no longer wanted. If you have an unwanted house that needs major repairs, get in touch with Evervest Home Buyers today at (417) 815-3889 or reach out through our website.
How Hard Is It to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Bolivar, MO?
When someone is interested in buying a house, they usually want one in turnkey condition so their Bolivar, MO family can feel at home. While some may be OK with putting a new carpet in, almost nobody on the traditional market will be interested in a house that’s in horrible shape. They just dedicated a considerable amount of money when closing and have monthly mortgage payments to think about. The thought of added expenses of paying contractors, or the months it would take to make all the repairs themselves, does not attract many buyers.
Serious damage that we often see in Bolivar, MO include:
- Condemned properties
- Fire or water damage
- Lead or asbestos
- Plumbing issues
- Wind or hail damage
- A foundation that’s starting to crack
- Termite damage
- Holes in the roof or floor
Other issues that can make a property difficult to sell to a traditional buyer include disagreeable odors, little natural light, bad design like low ceilings, a house that wasn’t staged to appeal to home buyers, or even homes that are out of fashion that have unsightly decor like ugly carpets.
Why Do Some Bolivar, MO Homes Need Major Repairs?
Homes, like cars, can suffer from wear and tear and need to have minor damage taken care of whenever it appears. When that doesn’t happen, such as if the house was vacant for a long time or you inherited the home from a loved one who couldn’t properly take care of it. Minor damage can become serious problems.
If the home was a rental property, maybe you had difficult tenants who did not treat the propert well. In situations like what happened recently with flooding in Greater St. Louis, natural events can quickly cause damage to a property as well.
What You Can Do to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Bolivar, MO
If your Bolivar, MO home needs major repairs, you can take one of three options:
- Fix up your house yourself — While many people in Bolivar, MO are able to fix a loose shower head, major repairs such as fire damage need to be handled by professionals in order to do so safely. Even if you have extensive construction experience yourself, much of what you might make by selling the house in turnkey condition would be lost in materials, which is even harder to stomach in today’s economy as the price of many commodities such as wood is still fluctuating.
- Hire contractors to deal with the damage — You can hire experts to take care of the major repairs for you, but again that will eat into any profit you’d make by selling on the traditional market. A roof replacement can cost up to $11,000, while a complete kitchen remodel can cost $22,000, according to the national average. Even when improvements are professionally done, the cost vs. value of most remodeling jobs does not yield a full return on investment.
- Sell your house “as-is” — As-is house buyers are not usually interested in turnkey properties. They typically look for homes that need a fair amount of repairs, and drive their business of the slight profit they get when they resell it. While the sale itself won’t be as high as if the house was fully repaired, you’ll save tens of thousands of dollars, hundreds of labor hours, and the stress of trying to find a traditional house buyer.
With the first two options, you’ll also have to pay for hiring other people to carry out an inspection, pay a realtor fee, and endure months or even years to repair everything and find a buyer.
Why Choose Evervest Home Buyers to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Bolivar, MO
Our Bolivar, MO cash home buyers are honest and discreet. Whatever the condition your home is in or where it’s located, we we can offer you a solution. Our team consists of a licensed Real Estate Broker and has been buying and repairing houses for over 30 years. We consider ourselves to be more than just house flippers. We invest in homes and in our Bolivar, MO neighborhoods.
Our home buying process in Bolivar, MO is quick:
We carry out an inspection ourselves and the only person you’ll be dealing with is the one buying your property. When we do our inspection, you don’t even have to pick up the socks off the floor before we come over, and you can leave any unwanted objects or faulty appliances when you go.
We can close on your house in as little as 30 days. We are always honest about the value of your home and give offers we think you’ll feel good about. Our objective is to offer you the most amount of money we can for your Bolivar, MO property while still seeing it as an investment for ourselves. In the entire time we’ve been in business, we have never backed out of contract because we didn’t fulfill its terms.
Click on the links below to discover the other types of properties we buy on Bolivar, MO:
- Selling a Home in Pre-Foreclosure
- Selling a House in Poor Condition
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Cash Home Buying Company
- House Buyers
- Cash Home Buyer
How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Bolivar, MO | Evervest Home Buyers
When you’re selling a house that needs major repairs, it’s important to find someone trustworthy. We are proud to have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau®, and you can take a look at our client testimonials to see what our previous Bolivar, MO clients think about us. Get in touch with us today at (417) 815-3889 or contact us online to sell your house that needs major repairs.