How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs Garden City, MO
How to sell a house that needs major repairs in Garden City, MO. Are in possession a property in Garden City that you’re worried is impossible to sell? Has it sustained asbestos or wind damage, or have an outdated floor plan or decor? Evervest Home Buyers specializes in repairing houses that have serious damage in the Garden City, MO area. In our 30 years buying and selling houses, we’ve helped over 700 individuals and families get rid of properties that needed repairs they couldn’t do themselves. If you want to unload house that needs major repairs, get in touch with Evervest Home Buyers today at (816) 368-8508 or reach out through our website.
How Easy Is It to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Garden City, MO?
Most prospective home buyers are looking for one in turnkey condition so their Garden City, MO family can feel at home. While some may be OK with putting a new carpet in, a traditional home buyer will usually not be interested in a house that’s in horrible shape. They’re already making a significant investment on the down payment and have monthly mortgage payments to make. The idea of added costs of paying contractors, or the months it would take to handle the repairs themselves, is unappealing.
Major repairs needed that we often see in Garden City, MO include:
- Condemned properties
- Fire or water damage
- Lead or asbestos
- Plumbing issues
- Wind or hail damage
- A foundation that’s starting to crack
- Termite damage
- Holes in the roof or floor
Other issues that can make a property “unsellable” to a traditional buyer include bad odors, restricted natural light, bad design like a poor floor plan, a home that wasn’t staged right for showing, or even homes that are out of fashion that have unsightly decor like old appliances.
What Causes the Need for Major Repairs in Garden City, MO?
Houses, like musical instruments, need to be maintained and need to have minor damage taken care of whenever it appears. When minor damage isn’t taken care of, maybe in the event that a house was vacant for years or the house was inherited from a loved one who wasn’t physically able to stick with the upkeep. Minor damage can become significant issues.
If the home was a rental property, maybe it was rented bad tenants who trashed the placed. As we’ve seen recently with flooding in Greater St. Louis, weather events can cause serious damage in no time.
Options for Selling a House That Needs Major Repairs in Garden City, MO
If your Garden City, MO home needs major repairs, you typically have three choices:
- Handle the repairs yourself — While many people in Garden City, MO can figure out how to fix a cabinet door, major repairs such as mold damage can often only be repaired safely and successfully by professionals. Even if you have extensive construction experience yourself, you would spend much of the potential profit from selling the house on materials, which is even harder to stomach in today’s economy as the price of many construction essentials such as wood is still not down to pre-COVID levels.
- Hire someone to deal with the damage — You can hire experts to take care of the major repairs for you, but, like doing it yourself, that will take away from how much money you’ll get from the sale. A roof replacement can cost at minimum $5,000, while redoing an entire kitchen can cost $22,000, according to the national average. Even when enlisting the services of a professional, you do not get a full return on investment with most repairs.
- Sell your house “as-is” — As-is house buyers do not necessarily look to buy houses that are in turnkey condition. They usually buy houses they can repair themselves and later sell for a higher amount. While you won’t sell an as-is house for as much as you would if it was in turnkey shape, you’ll save tens of thousands of dollars, months of construction crews and labor, and the convoluted process of the conventional market.
With the first two options, you’ll have the added costs of third-party inspectors and appraisers, pay a realtor fee, and endure months or even years before the house is ready to be listed and you find someone to buy it.
Why Choose Evervest Home Buyers to Sell Your House As-Is in Garden City, MO
Our Garden City, MO cash home buyers are honest and discreet. Whatever what repairs your property needs or what neighborhood it’s in, we want to discuss it. Our team consists of a licensed Real Estate Broker and has been buying and repairing houses for more than 30 years. We see ourselves as more than mere house flippers. We invest in homes and in our Garden City, MO communities.
We make the home buying process as simple as we can with four easy steps:
We perform an inspection ourselves and you will only directly talk to the person buying your house. For our inspections, you don’t even have to tidy up before we come over, and you can leave any unwanted objects or faulty appliances when you go.
We can close on your home as quickly as a month. We will always be direct about how much your home is worth and give offers we think you’ll feel good about. Our objective is to offer you the most amount of money possible for your Garden City, MO property while still seeing it as an investment for ourselves. In the entire time we’ve been in business, we have never written a contract that we didn’t close on because we backed out of the deal agreed to.
Check out the links below to see the other services we offer on Garden City, MO:
- Selling a Home in Pre-Foreclosure
- Selling a House in Poor Condition
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Cash Home Buying Company
- House Buyers
- Cash Home Buyer
Selling a Property That Needs Major Repairs in Garden City, MO | Evervest Home Buyers
When you’re selling a house that needs major repairs, it’s important to find someone trustworthy. We are proud to have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau®, and you can read our client testimonials to see how we’ve helped other Garden City, MO residents get rid of properties that needed serious repairs. Get in touch with us today at (816) 368-8508 or reach out through our website to sell your house that needs major repairs.