How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs Lake St. Louis, MO
How to sell a house that needs major repairs in Lake St. Louis, MO. Do you have a house in Lake St. Louis that needs serious repairs before it goes on the traditional housing market? Has it sustained mold or wind damage, or have bad tenants? Evervest Home Buyers specializes in fixing up homes that have serious damage in the Lake St. Louis, MO area. In our three decades buying and selling houses, we’ve helped over 700 people move on from properties they felt were holding them back. If you have an unwanted house that needs major repairs, call Evervest Home Buyers today at (314) 730-0366 or reach out through our website.
How Easy Is It to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Lake St. Louis, MO?
Most prospective home buyers want a place where they can move in and immediately feel like they have a welcoming home for their Lake St. Louis, MO family. While some may be OK with putting a new carpet in, a traditional home buyer will usually not be interested in a house that needs major repairs. They just dedicated a considerable amount of money on the down payment and have a mortgage to pay for monthly. The idea of added expenses of paying contractors, or the months it would take to make all the repairs themselves, is unappealing.
Major repairs needed that we have experience with in Lake St. Louis, MO include:
- Condemned properties
- Fire or water damage
- Lead or asbestos
- Plumbing issues
- Wind or hail damage
- A foundation that’s starting to crack
- Termite damage
- Holes in the roof or floor
Other problems that can make a home difficult to sell to most prospective home buyers include unpleasant odors, restricted natural light, bad design like low ceilings, a house that’s unstaged, or even homes that are out of fashion that have bad decor like ugly carpets.
Why Do Some Lake St. Louis, MO Homes Need Major Repairs?
Homes, like musical instruments, can suffer from wear and tear and require minor repairs annually. When slight fixes aren’t taken care of, such as if the home was vacant for years or you inherited the home from a loved one who wasn’t physically able to stick with the upkeep. Those minor nicks and scratches can become serious problems.
If you were renting the home, maybe it was rented difficult tenants who trashed the placed. In situations like what happened recently with flooding in Greater St. Louis, natural disasters can cause major damage in no time.
How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Lake St. Louis, MO
If you want to sell a house in Lake St. Louis, MO that needs major repairs, you typically have three choices:
- Make the repairs yourself — While many people in Lake St. Louis, MO are able to paint walls, major repairs such as asbestos damage can often only be repaired safely and successfully by professionals. Even if you consider yourself an expert handy-man or woman, you would spend much of the potential profit from selling the house on materials, when the price of many materials such as wood is still not down to pre-COVID levels.
- Hire contractors to make the repairs — You can enlist the services of experts to take care of the major repairs for you, but, like doing it yourself, that will eat into any profit you’d make by selling the house. A roof replacement can cost up to $11,000, while a full kitchen remodel can cost $20,000 to $50,000. Even when improvements are professionally done, the cost vs. value of most repairs does not give a full return on investment.
- Sell your house “as-is” — As-is house buyers are not usually interested in turnkey properties. They usually buy houses that need a fair amount of repairs, and drive their business of the slight profit they get when they resell it. While the sale itself won’t be as high as if the house was fully repaired, you’ll save untold amounts of money, hundreds of labor hours, and the stress of the traditional market.
With the first two options, you’ll have the added expenses of hiring other people to carry out an inspection, give a realtor 6% of whatever you end up selling the house for, and wait months or even years to repair everything and find a buyer.
Why Choose Evervest Home Buyers to Sell Your House As-Is in Lake St. Louis, MO
Our Lake St. Louis, MO cash home buyers are honest and considerate. Whatever the condition your house is in or what neighborhood it’s in, we can take it off your hands. Our team is composed of a licensed Real Estate Broker and has over three decades of construction experience. We consider ourselves to be more than just house flippers. We are home investors that take pride in helping the same Lake St. Louis, MO neighborhoods we were raised in improve.
We make the home selling process as pain-free as we can with four easy steps:
We carry out an inspection ourselves and the only person you’ll be dealing with is the one buying your property. When we do our inspection, we don’t even ask that you pick up the socks off the floor before we arrive, and you can leave any unwanted objects or faulty appliances when you go.
We can complete the purchase your property in as little as 30 days. We are always honest about the value of your home and give fair, all-cash offers. Our objective is to offer you the most amount of money we can for your Lake St. Louis, MO property while still seeing it as an investment for ourselves. In our 30 years of experience, we have never backed out of contract because we didn’t fulfill its terms.
Check out the links below to discover the other types of homes we buy on Lake St. Louis, MO:
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Sell My House As-Is
- Sell My House For Cash
- Sell My Probate House
- Sell My As-Is House
- Sell My Outdated House
- Sell My Inherited House in Greater St. Louis
- Sell Your House Fast
- How to Sell Your House
- Sell My Home Preforeclosure
- Sell My Home Now
- Rental Property Buyer
- Cash Home Buying Company
- Investment Property Buyers
- Foreclosed House Buyer
- House Buying Company
- Fast House Buyer
- Probate House Buyer
- Condemned Property Buyer
- House Buyers
- Property Buyers
- Cash Home Buyer
- We Buy Houses in Greater St. Louis
Selling a Property That Needs Major Repairs in Lake St. Louis, MO | Evervest Home Buyers
When you’re selling a house that needs major repairs, it’s important to find someone who will pay you the full value of your Lake St. Louis property. We have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau®, and you can take a look at our client testimonials to see what our previous Lake St. Louis, MO clients think about us. Call us today at (314) 730-0366 or contact us online so you never have to worry about selling a house with major repairs again.