How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs Kearney, MO
How to sell a house that needs major repairs in Kearney, MO. Do you own a property in Kearney that needs serious repairs before it goes on the traditional housing market? Has it sustained asbestos or flooding damage, or have uneven floors? Evervest Home Buyers specializes in giving fair and fast offers for houses that need major repairs in the Kearney, MO area. To date, we’ve helped over 700 people move on from houses that had too much damage for them to fix themselves. If you want to unload house that needs major repairs, get in touch with Evervest Home Buyers today at (816) 368-8508 or reach out through our website.
What it Means to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Kearney, MO
Most prospective home buyers want one in turnkey condition so their Kearney, MO family can feel at home. While some may be OK with putting a new carpet in, almost nobody on the traditional market will be interested in a house that needs major repairs. They’re already spending a hefty sum of money when closing and have a mortgage to pay for monthly. The thought of added expenses of paying contractors, or the time it would take to handle the repairs themselves, is unappealing.
Serious damage that we often see in Kearney, MO include:
- Condemned properties
- Fire or water damage
- Lead or asbestos
- Plumbing issues
- Wind or hail damage
- A foundation that’s starting to crack
- Termite damage
- Holes in the roof or floor
Other problems that can make a property difficult to sell to the majority of potential home buyers include unpleasant smells, little natural light, poor architecture like low ceilings, a house that wasn’t staged right for showing, or even outdated properties that have unsightly decor like ugly carpets.
What Causes the Need for Major Repairs in Kearney, MO?
Properties, like musical instruments, need to be maintained and need to have slight damage taken care of whenever it emerges. When that doesn’t happen, such as if the house was vacant for a long time or you inherited the home from a family member who wasn’t physically able to stick with the upkeep. Minor damage can become significant problems.
If you were renting the home, maybe it was rented bad tenants who trashed the placed. In situations like what happened recently with flooding in the St. Louis area, natural disasters can quickly cause damage to a home as well.
What You Can Do to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Kearney, MO
If you want to sell a house in Kearney, MO that needs major repairs, you typically have three choices:
- Fix up your house yourself — While many people in Kearney, MO can learn how to change a carpet, major repairs such as asbestos damage can often only be repaired safely and successfully by professionals. Even if you have extensive construction experience yourself, much of what you might make by selling the house in turnkey condition would be lost in materials, which is even harder to stomach in today’s economy as the price of many commodities such as wood is still fluctuating.
- Hire contractors to deal with the damage — You can enlist the services of professionals to repair the damage for you, but, like like the previous option, that will eat into how much money you’ll get from the sale. replacing an entire roof can cost at minimum $5,000, while redoing an entire kitchen can cost up to $33,000. Even when improvements are professionally done, you do not get a full return on investment with most remodelings.
- Sell your house “as-is” — As-is house buyers do not necessarily look to buy turnkey properties. They typically look for homes they can repair themselves and later sell for a higher amount. While you won’t sell an as-is home for as much as you would if it was in perfect shape, you’ll save a significant amount of money, hundreds of labor hours, and the stress of the conventional market.
With the first two options, you’ll also have to pay for hiring other people to carry out an inspection, pay a realtor fee, and wait months or even years to repair everything and find a buyer.
Why Choose Evervest Home Buyers to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Kearney, MO
Our Kearney, MO cash home buyers are direct and considerate. Regardless of what damage your home has sustained or what neighborhood it’s in, we are interested in it. Our team is composed of a licensed Real Estate Broker and has been in the construction business for over 30 years. We consider ourselves to be more than mere house flippers. We invest in homes and in our Kearney, MO neighborhoods.
We make the home selling process as easy as possible with four easy steps:
We conduct an inspection ourselves and do not use an outside realtor. For our inspections, you don’t even have to vacuum the carpet before we arrive, and you can leave any unwanted objects or faulty appliances when you go.
We can complete the purchase your property in as little as a month. We are always honest about how much your home is worth and give fair, all-cash offers. Our objective is to offer you the most amount of money possible for your Kearney, MO property while still having it make financial sense for us. In the entire time we’ve been in business, we have never backed out of contract because we didn’t fulfill its terms.
Check out the links below to discover the other types of houses we buy on Kearney, MO:
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Cash Home Buying Company
- House Buyers
Selling a Property That Needs Major Repairs in Kearney, MO | Evervest Home Buyers
When you want to sell a house that needs major repairs, it’s important to find someone who won’t try to lowball you. We are proud to have a Five-Star rating with the Better Business Bureau®, and you can check out our client testimonials to see how we’ve helped other Kearney, MO residents get rid of properties that needed serious repairs. Get in touch with us today at (816) 368-8508 or reach out through our website to sell your house that needs major repairs.