How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs Union, MO
How to sell a house that needs major repairs in Union, MO. Are in possession a home in Union that needs serious repairs before it goes on the conventional housing market? Has it sustained asbestos or fire damage, or have bad tenants? Evervest Home Buyers specializes in giving fair, all-cash offers for houses that need major repairs in the Union, MO area. To date, we’ve helped over 700 people move on from houses they felt were holding them back. If you want to unload house that needs major repairs, get in touch with Evervest Home Buyers today at (314) 730-0366 or contact us online.
What it Means to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Union, MO
Most prospective home buyers want one in turnkey condition so their Union, MO family can feel at home. While some may be OK with putting a new carpet in, almost nobody on the traditional market will be interested in a house that’s in horrible shape. They’re already making a significant investment on the down payment and have monthly mortgage payments to think about. The idea of added costs of hiring somebody, or the time it would take to do the repairs themselves, does not attract many buyers.
Serious damage that we have experience with in Union, MO include:
- Condemned properties
- Fire or water damage
- Lead or asbestos
- Plumbing issues
- Wind or hail damage
- A foundation that’s starting to crack
- Termite damage
- Holes in the roof or floor
Other issues that can make a house almost impossible to sell to most potential home buyers include disagreeable odors, restricted natural light, bad architecture like low ceilings, a house that wasn’t staged right for showing, or even outdated properties that have unappealing decor like ugly carpets.
Why Do Some Union, MO Homes Need Major Repairs?
Properties, like cars, need to be maintained and require minor upkeep from time to time. When that doesn’t happen, such as if the property was vacant for years or the house was inherited from a loved one who wasn’t physically able to stick with the upkeep. Minor damage can become significant problems.
If the home was a rental property, maybe it was rented irresponsible tenants who did not treat the propert well. In situations like what happened recently with the historic floods in Greater St. Louis, natural disasters can tragically cause damage to a property as well.
Options for Selling a House That Needs Major Repairs in Union, MO
If you want to sell a house in Union, MO that needs major repairs, you typically have three choices:
- Fix up your house yourself — While many people in Union, MO are able to fix a cabinet door, major repairs such as termite damage need to be handled by professionals in order to do so safely. Even if you have extensive construction experience yourself, much of what you might make by selling the house fully repaired would be lost in materials, which is even harder to stomach in today’s economy as the cost of many construction essentials such as wood is still not down to pre-COVID levels.
- Hire someone to repair the house for you — You can enlist the services of experts to take care of the major repairs for you, but, like doing it yourself, that will eat into any profit you’d make by selling the house. A roof replacement can cost at minimum $5,000, while a complete kitchen remodel can cost $22,000, according to the national average. Even when enlisting the services of general contractors, you do not get a full return on investment with most remodelings.
- Sell your house “as-is” — As-is house buyers are not usually interested in turnkey properties. They usually buy houses they can repair themselves and later sell for more money. While you won’t sell an as-is house for as much as you would if it was in turnkey condition, you’ll save a significant amount of money, months of construction crews and labor, and the stress of the traditional market.
If you don’t sell the house as-is, you’ll also have to pay for third-party inspectors and appraisers, give a real estate agent their percentage of the sale, and wait months or even years to repair everything and find a buyer.
Why Choose Evervest Home Buyers to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Union, MO
Our Union, MO cash home buyers are direct and open minded. Whatever what repairs your house needs or where it’s located, we we can offer you a solution. Our team is composed of a licensed Real Estate Broker and has more than three decades of construction experience. We see ourselves as more than just house flippers. We are home investors that take pride in helping the same Union, MO neighborhoods we were raised in improve.
Our home buying process in Union, MO is quick:
We perform our own inspections and do not use an outside realtor. For our inspections, we don’t even ask that you tidy up before we come over, and you can leave any unwanted objects or faulty appliances when you go.
We can close on your property in as little as 30 days. We are always honest about the value of your home and give fair, all-cash offers. Our objective is to give you as much as possible for your Union, MO property while still being able to have a profit margin ourselves in the future. In our 30 years of experience, we have never written a contract that we didn’t close on due to us backing out of the deal agreed to.
Check out the links below to see the other types of homes we buy on Union, MO:
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Sell My House As-Is
- Sell My House For Cash
- Sell My Probate House
- Sell My As-Is House
- Sell My Outdated House
- Sell My Inherited House in Greater St. Louis
- Sell Your House Fast
- How to Sell Your House
- Sell My Home Preforeclosure
- Sell My Home Now
- Rental Property Buyer
- Cash Home Buying Company
- Investment Property Buyers
- Foreclosed House Buyer
- House Buying Company
- Fast House Buyer
- Probate House Buyer
- Condemned Property Buyer
- House Buyers
- Property Buyers
- Cash Home Buyer
- We Buy Houses in Greater St. Louis
Union, MO As-Is House Buyers | Evervest Home Buyers
When you want to sell a house that needs major repairs, it’s important to find someone who won’t try to lowball you. We have a perfect rating with the Better Business Bureau®, and you can check out our client testimonials to see what our previous Union, MO clients think about us. Call us today at (314) 730-0366 or reach out through our website to sell your house that needs major repairs.