How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs Pleasant Hill, MO
How to sell a house that needs major repairs in Pleasant Hill, MO. Are in possession a property in Pleasant Hill that you’re worried is impossible to sell? Does it have mold or fire damage, or have low ceilings? Evervest Home Buyers specializes in repairing homes that have serious damage in the Pleasant Hill, MO area. In our three decades of experience, we’ve helped over 700 individuals and families move on from houses they no longer wanted. If you want to unload house that needs major repairs, get in touch with Evervest Home Buyers today at (816) 368-8508 or reach out through our website.
What it Means to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Pleasant Hill, MO
Most people in the market to buy a house want one in turnkey condition so their Pleasant Hill, MO family can feel at home. While some might be open to making light cosmetic repairs themselves, or even like the idea of putting their own spin on a home, almost nobody on the traditional market will want to buy a house that’s in horrible shape. They just dedicated a considerable amount of money when closing and have monthly mortgage payments to make. They’re unlikely to want to spend the time and money to make major repairs.
Serious damage that we often see in Pleasant Hill, MO include:
- Condemned properties
- Fire or water damage
- Lead or asbestos
- Plumbing issues
- Wind or hail damage
- A foundation that’s starting to crack
- Termite damage
- Holes in the roof or floor
Other problems that can make a home “unsellable” to a traditional buyer include unpleasant smells, little natural light, bad design like low ceilings, a house that’s unstaged, or even homes that are outmoded that have unsightly decor like old appliances.
What Causes the Need for Major Repairs in Pleasant Hill, MO?
Properties, like musical instruments, need to be maintained and need to have slight damage repaired whenever it emerges. When that doesn’t happen, maybe in the event that a home was vacant for years or the house was inherited from a family member who couldn’t properly take care of it. Minor damage can become worsen and turn into more serious damage.
If the home was a rental property, maybe you had difficult tenants who did serious damage. In situations like what happened recently with the historic floods in Greater St. Louis, natural events can quickly cause damage to a home as well.
How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Pleasant Hill, MO
If you want to sell a house in Pleasant Hill, MO that needs major repairs, you typically have three choices:
- Make the repairs yourself — While many people in Pleasant Hill, MO can figure out how to install a new carpet, major repairs such as fire damage need to be handled by professionals in order to do so safely. Even if you consider yourself an expert handy-person, much of what you might make by selling the house fully repaired would be lost in materials, which is even harder to stomach in today’s economy as the price of many materials such as lumber is still going up and down.
- Hire someone to deal with the damage — You can enlist the services of outside contractors to repair the damage for you, but, like doing it yourself, that will eat into any profit you’d make by selling the house. replacing an entire roof can cost over $8,000, according to the national average, while redoing an entire kitchen can cost $22,000, according to the national average. Even when improvements are professionally done, the cost vs. value of most repairs does not yield a full return on investment.
- Sell your house “as-is” — As-is house buyers do not typically look for turnkey properties. They usually buy houses they can repair themselves and later sell for a higher amount. While you won’t sell an as-is house for as much as you would if it was in perfect condition, you’ll save a significant amount of money, hundreds of labor hours, and the convoluted process of trying to find a traditional house buyer.
If you don’t sell the property as-is, you’ll have the added costs of hiring other people to carry out an inspection, pay a realtor fee, and wait months or even years to repair everything and find a buyer.
Why Choose Evervest Home Buyers to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Pleasant Hill, MO
Our Pleasant Hill, MO cash home buyers are honest and non-judgmental. Regardless of the condition your home is in or where it’s located, we are interested in purchasing it. Our team includes a licensed Real Estate Broker and has been in the construction business for more than three decades. We consider ourselves to be more than just house flippers. We are home investors that take pride in helping the same Pleasant Hill, MO neighborhoods we were raised in improve.
We make the home selling process as stress-free as possible with four easy steps:
We carry out an inspection ourselves and the only person you’ll be dealing with is the one making the purchase on your home. For our inspections, you don’t even have to vacuum the carpet before we come over, and you can leave any unwanted objects or faulty appliances when you go.
We can close on your home in as little as 30 days. We will always be straightforward about how much your home is worth and give fair, all-cash offers. Our goal is to give you as much as possible for your Pleasant Hill, MO property while still being able to have a profit margin ourselves in the future. In the entire time we’ve been in business, we have never written a contract that we didn’t close on because we backed out of the deal spelled out in the contract.
Check out the links below to discover the other services we offer on Pleasant Hill, MO:
- Selling a Home in Pre-Foreclosure
- Selling a House in Poor Condition
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Cash Home Buying Company
- House Buyers
- Cash Home Buyer
How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Pleasant Hill, MO | Evervest Home Buyers
When you want to sell a house that needs major repairs, it’s important to find someone trustworthy. We have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau®, and you can check out our client testimonials to see how we’ve helped other Pleasant Hill, MO residents move on from an unwanted properties. Get in touch with us today at (816) 368-8508 or contact us online to sell your house that needs major repairs.