How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs Weston, MO
How to sell a house that needs major repairs in Weston, MO. Do you own a house in Weston that you’re worried is impossible to sell? Does it have termite or fire damage, or have an outdated floor plan or decor? Evervest Home Buyers specializes in repairing houses that need major repairs in the Weston, MO area. In our three decades buying and selling houses, we’ve helped over 700 people move on from houses that had too much damage for them to fix themselves. If you have an unwanted house that needs major repairs, get in touch with Evervest Home Buyers today at (816) 368-8508 or contact us online.
How Hard Is It to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Weston, MO?
When someone is interested in buying a house, they usually are looking for one in turnkey condition so their Weston, MO family can feel at home. While some may be OK with putting a new carpet in, a traditional home buyer will usually not be interested in a house that’s in horrible shape. They just dedicated a considerable amount of money when closing and have a mortgage to pay for monthly. The idea of added expenses of hiring somebody, or the months it would take to do the repairs themselves, does not attract many buyers.
Common major repairs needed in Weston, MO include:
- Condemned properties
- Fire or water damage
- Lead or asbestos
- Plumbing issues
- Wind or hail damage
- A foundation that’s starting to crack
- Termite damage
- Holes in the roof or floor
Other issues that can make a property “unsellable” to a traditional buyer include unpleasant smells, little natural light, bad architecture like low ceilings, a home that’s unstaged, or even outdated properties that have unsightly furnishing like old appliances.
What Causes the Need for Major Repairs in Weston, MO?
Homes, like cars, can suffer from wear and tear and require minor repairs annually. When slight fixes aren’t taken care of, maybe in the event that a property was vacant for years or the house was inherited from a family member who couldn’t properly take care of it. Minor damage can become significant issues.
If the home was a rental property, maybe you had bad tenants who did serious damage. As we’ve seen recently with the historic floods in the St. Louis area, weather events can tragically cause damage to a house as well.
What You Can Do to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Weston, MO
If your Weston, MO home needs major repairs, you typically have three choices:
- Fix up your house yourself — While many people in Weston, MO can figure out how to paint walls, major repairs such as water damage can often only be repaired safely and successfully by professionals. Even if you’re confident in your abilities, you would spend much of the potential profit from selling the house on materials, when the price of many commodities such as lumber is still not down to pre-COVID levels.
- Hire contractors to repair the house for you — You can hire professionals to repair the damage for you, but, like doing it yourself, that will eat into any profit you’d make by selling the house. A roof replacement can cost up to $11,000, while a complete kitchen remodel can cost $22,000, according to the national average. Even when improvements are professionally done, you do not get a full return on investment with most remodelings.
- Sell your house “as-is” — As-is house buyers are not usually interested in turnkey properties. They typically look for homes they can repair themselves and later sell for a higher amount. While the sale itself won’t be as high as if the house was fully repaired, you’ll save tens of thousands of dollars, hundreds of labor hours, and the stress of the traditional market.
With the first two options, you’ll have the added expenses of hiring other people to carry out an inspection, give a realtor 6% of the final sale, and endure months or even years to repair everything and find a buyer.
Why Choose Evervest Home Buyers to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Weston, MO
Our Weston, MO cash home buyers are straightforward and discreet. Regardless of what repairs your house needs or what neighborhood it’s in, we can take it off your hands. Our team includes a licensed Real Estate Broker and has been in the construction business for more than three decades. We see ourselves as more than mere house flippers. We are home investors that take pride in helping the same Weston, MO neighborhoods we were raised in improve.
Our home buying process in Weston, MO is easy:
We carry out our own inspections and do not use an outside realtor. For our inspections, we don’t even ask that you tidy up before we arrive, and you can leave any unwanted objects or faulty appliances when you go.
We can close on your house as quickly as 30 days. We will always be straightforward about the value of your home and give fair, all-cash offers. Our objective is to offer you the most amount of money possible for your Weston, MO property while still being able to have a profit margin ourselves down the road. In our 30 years of experience, we have never written a contract that we didn’t close on because we backed out of the deal agreed to.
Check out the links below to discover the other services we offer on Weston, MO:
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Cash Home Buying Company
- House Buyers
How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Weston, MO | Evervest Home Buyers
When you want to sell a house that needs major repairs, it’s important to find someone who won’t try to lowball you. We are proud to have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau®, and you can read our client testimonials to see what our previous Weston, MO clients think about us. Call us today at (816) 368-8508 or reach out through our website so you never have to worry about selling a house with major repairs again.